Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/6/2017 2:06:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:08:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I have done it before, to keep appetite down during the day. Lots of butter will do that. Good for Keto.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:09:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Anything besides black coffee is hipster bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:09:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I drink it 2 or 3 times a week.  It tastes better than you'd think and keeps me satiated for several hours.

I use BRC's "Caffeinated As Fuck", heavy cream, butter, and coconut oil.  Get a cheap handheld milk frother (looks like a tiny immersion blender and runs at lower RPM so it doesn't sling shit all over your kitchen) and it's easy.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:10:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Black coffee with butter in it is anything but hipster bullshit.

Bulletproof coffee might as well be bacon in liquid form.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:14:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Tag. Gonna try this next weekend. Not about to do this during the week, as coffee makes me poop. And I hate pooping at work. 
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:21:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like something that might keep you close to the bathroom.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:25:07 AM EDT
[#7]
keto approved
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:51:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I make it with 2-3 shots of esspresso.
The grass fed butter carries some omega 3's
MCT coconut oil dose not allow the fat to stick.  Blend with hot water.

Try it with an egg yoke- also.

Its not hipster - mountain climbers first started it because in the himalyas they drink a strong black tea with yak butter. Energy combined with pick up.

I take " know brainer" packets with me on trips.  Its a packet with mct cocnut oil and even better clarified grass fed butter.

If you use clarified " ghee" the casien protien is removed. That and the lactose is what f's people up.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:54:08 AM EDT
[#9]
First read that some Olympic swimmer was drinking this.

I use soy milk and instant coffee with saltless irish butter.  Good shit.  Good for you.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:58:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Haven't tried it, have seen many people posting about it on GD.  Not sure I want to try it.  I'm as snobby a coffee snob as there ever was.  I don't roast my own beans, but I only drink 2 different coffees and only fixed one way, if I have a choice.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:13:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I use soy milk and instant coffee with saltless irish butter.  Good shit.  Good for you.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:13:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:17:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I've tried it and didn't notice much of a difference.

Also, poop thread.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:35:43 AM EDT
[#14]
To give a visual:

Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:37:52 AM EDT
[#15]
For me it was the keystone of making the keto diet work.  Since July Ive lost over 30 lbs.  The coffee helps control hunger...
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:09:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:05:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:17:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:43:24 AM EDT
[#19]
MCTs aren't great in keto.  They may work for some people but not me.

You'd be better off just putting some cream in the coffee.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Lots of diabetics who are smart enough to adopt the Low Carbohydrate High Fat lifestyle drink it, eat "Fat Bombs" and keep their daily carbohydrate intake below 50 gm.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
For me it was the keystone of making the keto diet work.  Since July Ive lost over 30 lbs.  The coffee helps control hunger...
View Quote

You must not have had a lot to lose.

I'm down 25 lbs since Jan 1.  No exercise so far, just seeing how effective ketosis can be on its own.

MyFitnessPal is great.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:06:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Generally drink some version of it everyday.

Coconut oil is key (MCT).
I add heavy cream instead of butter sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Millennials.  Can't leave good enough alone.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Staple of my diet (keto).

4 oz heavy whipping cream
decent size pat of Kerrigold butter
shot of sugarfree Torani syrup (flavor of your choice)
10 oz coffee.

Blend (I use a Ninja).

Just tossing butter in your coffee is kinda nasty IMO. It melts and floats to the surface. Blending is the key.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Generally drink some version of it everyday.

Coconut oil is key (MCT).
I add heavy cream instead of butter sometimes.
View Quote

I do both cream and butter.
And MCT and coconut oil (it's in a jar about the size of a jar of peanut butter and is solid until it melts in the coffee).
Lastly liquid stevia to taste.

Not hungry until lunch!

ETA; myfitnesspal says it's just over 500 calories.  Yummy.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#26]
500 calorie cup of coffee why not just eat a stick of butter for Christ sakes. Do not really under stand this at all must be some new hippie diet. You do know that black coffee has zero calories and suppresses hunger? I call witch craft on this and bid you good day sir... I said good day!
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
500 calorie cup of coffee why not just eat a stick of butter for Christ sakes. Do not really under stand this at all must be some new hippie diet. You do know that black coffee has zero calories and suppresses hunger? I call witch craft on this and bid you good day sir... I said good day!
View Quote

I'm guessing you still think the food pyramid is all the rage, too.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I drink it every morning. I add a little vanilla extract and some artificial sweetener to mine.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm guessing you still think the food pyramid is all the rage, too.
View Quote

Food pyramid was a communist conspiracy to make us weak everyone knows that. That being said, I can not justify consuming over a quarter of my daily calorie intake in a cup of coffee.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
I suggest you try it before you are negative about it. I thought it was stupid until my friend made me one for me, I'm not a big coffee drinker so I always get a  buzz, but this stuff was like crack and I didn't want any food for half the day, which is odd for me.

Oh I forgot he made his with mct oil
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:45:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Says the guy who obviously doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.
There's this new thing, called the internet. On this new thing there is a site called Google. On this site you can type in anything you want and it will pull up a plethora of information on that topic.
I suggest starting with the words "ketosis" or "ketogenic diet" and work your way up from there.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Please be aware that most people here are describing a cup of coffee that exceeds 500 calories. That's the reason it suppresses appetite - because it's got more calories than my morning breakfast of tea, coffee, and an egg white / tomato / bacon / ham sandwich.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Keto thread.

My wife had some this morning. It keeps her full until about 1400.

She's down over 10 lbs in about a month, so yeah.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Why do people try to go against science....FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Does anyone who puts butter in coffee even know how butter is made?

Why???????????????????????????????????????????????????????? FOr the love of christ...why don't people just freaking put heavy cream in the mother loving coffee?

When you make butter you literally smash the ever living shit out of those tiny things in hevay cream that allow the good fats to not be hydrophobic.....god has created a wonderful thing that lets you make fat soluble in water, yet you want to take it, beat the shit out of it and then get rid of it then fucking put what you have made into water, then you must blend it now....why why why why ??????????

Coffe+HWC+MCT oil.......make it as nature intended.

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....some fucking jack wad said I need to sport fucking butter in my coffee, well guess what if your trainer says to put butter in your coffee, fire him, he's too stupid to understand basic science less alone how your body functions.

Rant off....

As a serious note....the best coffee drink you can make in the AM is going to contain, Coffee+Heavy Whipping Cream+MCT Oil+Whey Protein (Ultra Low Carb Version, like just the actual protein)

The coffee gives you the caffeine does what it do, then the HWC is plenty fat for fuel and satiety, the MCT oil helps ketone production and contains CLA which is good for your cardiac system, then the protein should fight off any catabolic effects no your muscles.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well bless your heart.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#36]
It's good stuff. I don't buy all the miraculous health benefits, but it's tasty.

I like Kerrygold butter, and I've even used Ghee- which is amazing.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Still didn't stop .45
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Please be aware that most people here are describing a cup of coffee that exceeds 500 calories. That's the reason it suppresses appetite - because it's got more calories than my morning breakfast of tea, coffee, and an egg white / tomato / bacon / ham sandwich.
View Quote

Difference being that your breakfast will leave you hungry by 10am whereas the bpc may well last you till dinner.

The fact that you don't even eat the most nutritious part of the egg makes me inclined to discount your input.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Why???????????????????????????????????????????????????????? FOr the love of christ...why don't people just freaking put heavy cream in the mother loving coffee?

When you make butter you literally smash the ever living shit out of those tiny things in hevay cream that allow the good fats to not be hydrophobic.....god has created a wonderful thing that lets you make fat soluble in water, yet you want to take it, beat the shit out of it and then get rid of it then fucking put what you have made into water, then you must blend it now....why why why why ??????????

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....some fucking jack wad said I need to sport fucking butter in my coffee, well guess what if your trainer says to put butter in your coffee, fire him, he's too stupid to understand basic science less alone how your body functions.

Rant off....

As a serious note....the best coffee drink you can make in the AM is going to contain, Coffee+Heavy Whipping Cream+MCT Oil+Whey Protein (Ultra Low Carb Version, like just the actual protein)

The coffee gives you the caffeine does what it do, then the HWC is plenty fat for fuel and satiety, the MCT oil helps ketone production and contains CLA which is good for your cardiac system, then the protein should fight off any catabolic effects no your muscles.
View Quote

I'd have to agree on the hwc, although it does have more carbs than butter. I also can't use butter because i drink iced coffee
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#42]
The guy pushing "bullet proof coffee" has been outed as a scam artist.

That said, I've thrown a couple tablespoons in a Contigo of coffee and given it a good shake.  Interesting taste, not at all bad.  Don't know that it "accelerates ketosis" or "boosts brain power" or any of that shit.

Oh, and for you coconuts:
Genius Uses for Coconut Oil (funny) - Ultra Spiritual Life episode 21 - with JP Sears
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#43]
It's good.

I don't go for the special coffee, just whatever is on hand. I apologize for the Starbucks. It's an old picture, won't happen again.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'd have to agree on the hwc, although it does have more carbs than butter. I also can't use butter because i drink iced coffee
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rant off....

If you also worship at the alter of if it fits your macros, then you'll peg out your calories before you have to worry about carbs.

Realistically you are at about 1 gram of carb per ounce and each ounce has a little over 100 calories.

That maths work out good.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Yes. its a nice alternative to black coffee. Better than artificial sweeteners and creamers.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#46]
I eat at least a dozen eggs per week. I simply don't do it on my weekday breakfast sandwich because I like the way it tastes with the egg whites.

I generally eat breakfast around 9 AM and I might be hungry by 2 or 3. That always comes after a workout including at least 60 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training.

But please, go right ahead and make some more assumptions.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#47]
I still can not get behind eating butter as a form a viable weight loss.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#48]
hipster bullshit...

dammit jim, I'm a doctor (technically), not a magician

wanna lose weight, eat fewer calories and move around more
wanna lower cholesterol, eat less cholesterol
wanna drink coffee, drink coffee, not sweet soy almond mocha latte methjuice

that is all...
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
MCTs aren't great in keto.  They may work for some people but not me.

You'd be better off just putting some cream in the coffee.
View Quote

MCT's are considered a staple in keto    
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
hipster bullshit...

dammit jim, I'm a doctor (technically), not a magician

wanna lose weight, eat fewer calories and move around more
wanna lower cholesterol, eat less cholesterol
wanna drink coffee, drink coffee, not sweet soy almond mocha latte methjuice

that is all...
View Quote

Dietary cholesterol has little to do with the cholesterol levels doctors measure
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top