Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 2:55:27 PM EDT
If you have ordered, how was the quality of the parts? Did you order any steel body panels? Quality of those?

LMC TRUCK

Need to get parts to get my ride looking like this again. The picture was taken right after I bought it, w/45K miles.

These pictures were taken this May. Iowa winters are hard on a vehicle. The front driver's fender (on the backside of the mudflap), both cab corners & the rear wheel wells are rusted or rusting out. It has 140K on it now.

I've thought about trading it, but it's just been to good of a truck to me. In the 11 years I've owned it, the only things I've had to do to it is replace the tires twice, replace the battery & put a set of U-joints in the rear.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never ordered any steel body panels, but over the years I've purchased a number of times from LMC and have never had a bad experience.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 2:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
from what i have been told, just about any aftermarket body panel will require a custom fit with modifications.

maybe look into somebody local who can cut out the rusty parts, and weld in replacement metal and paint it for you.
lots of autobody guys will do sidework for cheaper than a shop will.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
maybe look into somebody local who can cut out the rusty parts, and weld in replacement metal and paint it for you.
lots of autobody guys will do sidework for cheaper than a shop will.

Got a guy already lined up to do it, just the money is tight right now. He suggested to get the replacement patch panels before hand, a couple at a time or something like that,  so the cost won't be so much at the time the work was done. The same guy done my Dad's truck. Done a very good job on it too.

I'm just hoping to get opinions of the parts from LMC, quality wise.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
LMC keeps my suburban running! Never had a problem.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
from what i have been told, just about any aftermarket body panel will require a custom fit with modifications.

This.

It requires a ton of fitment.  Many holes will be in the wrong place.

How good are you? And what's your time worth?

Made in Chi-China.

Thinner panels, crappy fitment.

Hold out for a repop, or do patches.

Oh, and make sure you epoxy primer them too.  Or else, they'll rust like a bitch, and quickly.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I purchased a read door handle from them for my 72' Blazer.  It was a farking piece of crap handle intended for a garage door that used a non-standard key, nothing like the high quality handle that used the same key as the ignition.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've never ordered any steel body panels, but over the years I've purchased a number of times from LMC and have never had a bad experience.

Same. Usually, interior stuff,rubber around the doors.
I'm thinking about the 38 gallon fuel tank to replace the rear 19 gallon one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top