BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/2/2017 3:09:38 PM EDT
???
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
We are constantly being sued by a neighbor over a little 30 x 40 piece of land we own as well as the lot it lives on 200 x30 up to 65 feet wide, which we own but they have an easement over, I think this ,makes 5th time in court, they lose each time, but doesn't seem to matter. They have gotten to be such sore losers they have taken to trying an intimidate the Sammich Machine (Sorry no fucking pictures at this point).

In-fact a mediation Judge arrives Monday to tell them again we are right, they are wrong. Doubtful it makes them stop.

Wish we still lived under the good old wild west way of deciding such things.

ETA: Clarify who owns the said land
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We are constantly being sued by a neighbor over a little 30 x 40 piece of land we own as well as the lot it lives on 200 x30 up to 65 feet wide, which we own but they have an easement over, I think this ,makes 5th time in court, they lose each time, but doesn't seem to matter. They have gotten to be such sore losers they have taken to trying an intimidate the Sammich Machine (Sorry no fucking pictures at this point).

In-fact a mediation Judge arrives Monday to tell them again we are right, they are wrong. Doubtful it makes them stop.

Wish we still lived under the good old wild west way of deciding such things.

ETA: Clarify who owns the said land
View Quote
Just regular pictures are just fine.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Just regular pictures are just fine.
View Quote
I see what you did there!
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Countersuit, file for lawyers fees.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
+1. Especially if they're repeatedly suing over the same thing and losing (and it's not appeals but new suits).
The term here is vexatious litigant.

I've only dealt with one boneheaded lawsuit, and it was settled before a court date was even contemplated.
I can't imagine this level of BS.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been sued for something extremely retarded.  Personally named and sued but part of a larger suit against a business. Luckily I was essential to the business and my costs were covered. 

If I described the situation I'd no longer be anonymous. It was slightly publicized at the time. 
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
+1. Especially if they're repeatedly suing over the same thing and losing (and it's not appeals but new suits).

I've only dealt with one boneheaded lawsuit, and it was settled before a court date was even contemplated.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our issue is they keep attaching to the same suit but add different rules to show cause. I think they need to hit a few separate suits for people to start after some one for frivolous lawsuits.

We are angling towards some criminal charges (via SA's office) since they seem to have stepped over the line into things beyond property. Pride and arrogance will be our peoples down fall.

I think it should be mandatory that the party losing a civil suit has to pay court costs and attorney fees regardless, none of this counter suit shit.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#8]
my ex got evicted, and her boyfriend was living with her, but not on the lease.  landlord sued her for eviction, and named my 5 year old son as a defendant.  dumb cunt put sons name on lease, and landlord thought he was her boyfriend.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I got threatened to be sued from an old neighbor. His cat was attacked by another neighbors dog in my back yard. He was going to sue me because it happened on my property.

I kindly told him to fuck off.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#10]
A contractor came after me because the client didn't pay him.

Judge threw it out.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#11]
For a wreck I didn't cause, buy the guy that did cause it.
Because the idiot d***head trooper wrote me the ticket and his idiot d***head sergeant backed him up in his lie.
Blatant, obvious lies through the whole hearing, two reconstructionists told them exactly what happened, jury took practically no time to deliberate, threw it out.
State farm was awesome through the whole thing, gave me a laywer for civil court, reconstructionist, everything. Not a dime out of pocket and my rates didn't even go up.
Thought about countersuing, but the guy was broke, living on disability (from a previous accident he caused) and had nothing I wanted.

Trooper was suspended for beating his wife a few months later, my barber is his neighbor...
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Not me but I was involved. In HS a buddy of mine jumped on the bumper of a car in the parking lot that happen to belong to a kid whose parents we found out later pretty much made a life out of suing people. They first sued my friends parents (a dentist) for damages to the car. Mind you there was zero damage but they saw a paycheck but they just wanted it to go away so they paid it. It was funny cause my buddies dad made a point to pay the auto body shop in person and they obviously just wanted a check. A few weeks later we were walking down the hall and this kid passed by. As he did my buddy coughed "faggot" loudly. It wasn't really a big deal. Well shit, I'll be damned if I got called down to the principals office that afternoon to tell what I saw or heard. I said I didn't hear anything. Well after that this kids parents now tried suing my buddies parents for defamation. It got thrown out before it ever got anywhere. The kid ended up moving to a different school after that cause everyone hated him so much.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#13]
My Grandfather and his brother owned the house that their late mother owned. When my Grandfather passed, his half of the house was left to his daughter and the children of his 2 deceased children. (Myself, my brother and two cousins)  His cunt of a wife sued us for the money that we received from  the sale of the house and all attorney's fees and court costs because she felt that she deserved it. She lost.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#14]
A lady ran a light and t-boned my car totaling it.  Her sister, who was a passenger in her car sued both of us for an injury to her ankle.  The reason was because she could no  longer please her husband sexually without her ankle hurting her.  The trial lasted two days all of which detailed her and her husband's sex life before and after the injury.  She looked like a fatter version of Rosanne Barr in case you are wondering.  Her sister and I lost and the dip-shit jury awarded her $66,000 (half covered by my car insurance and half from her sisters)  I kid you not.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:11:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A lady ran a light and t-boned my car totaling it.  Her sister, who was a passenger in her car sued both of us for an injury to her ankle.  The reason was because she could no  longer please her husband sexually without her ankle hurting her.  The trial lasted two days all of which detailed her and her husband's sex life before and after the injury.  She looked like a fatter version of Rosanne Barr in case you are wondering.  Her sister and I lost and the dip-shit jury awarded her $66,000 (half covered by my car insurance and half from her sisters)  I kid you not.
View Quote
That is some crazy stuff right there.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#16]
X-wife and I bought a home and was moving out of a townhouse we leased. Management company seemed like assholes so I looked at the county courts website. Sure enough, they sued nearly every person that had moved out in the last two years. So we moved out and cleaned the place absolutely pristine. We then had trash company come pick up two backs of cleaning supplies refuse. Dude was like WTF, but we explained and he took his big ass truck to haul two garbage bags and give us a receipt. Then we paid "Molly Maid" to come in and clean an already spotless house. Same thing, we explained to them what was up and they gave a us a receipt and denoted the unit was cleaned absolutely spotless. Then we did the same thing with a carpet cleaning company and got a receipt and the same with landscaping.

Then sure enough, two months later we get a summons. In court they claimed we had trashed the unit, knocked holes in the walls, trashed the carpet, left trash everywhere and killed the flower beds and landscaping we were responsible for. They were going for max in SCC including our deposits. They had pictures of damage [made after we left] and testimony from people we had never even met speaking to the condition of the unit. So they got to state their case. When it was our turn the x-wife stated our case and then produced the receipts from all the companies to refute every accusation made.

Results: Case dismissed with prejudice.

So stupid? Yehhhh... this was a money making sideline for those fucks. We were fortunate to look on the local legal information exchange and see this was normal for them and was able to formulate a plan for fucking them good. It was glorious...
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
How does that work out.... you get hit. And somehow the women gets the $$$ who was the aggressor? I'd take that to a higher court.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
X-wife and I bought a home and was moving out of a townhouse we leased. Management company seemed like assholes so I looked at the county courts website. Sure enough, they sued nearly every person that had moved out in the last two years. So we moved out and cleaned the place absolutely pristine. We then had trash company come pick up two backs of cleaning supplies refuse. Dude was like WTF, but we explained and he took his big ass truck to haul two garbage bags and give us a receipt. Then we paid "Molly Maid" to come in and clean an already spotless house. Same thing, we explained to them what was up and they gave a us a receipt and denoted the unit was cleaned absolutely spotless. Then we did the same thing with a carpet cleaning company and got a receipt and the same with landscaping.

Then sure enough, two months later we get a summons. In court they claimed we had trashed the unit, knocked holes in the walls, trashed the carpet, left trash everywhere and killed the flower beds and landscaping we were responsible for. They were going for max in SCC including our deposits. They had pictures of damage [made after we left] and testimony from people we had never even met speaking to the condition of the unit. So they got to state their case. When it was our turn the x-wife stated our case and then produced the receipts from all the companies to refute every accusation made.

Results: Case dismissed with prejudice.

So stupid? Yehhhh... this was a money making sideline for those fucks. We were fortunate to look on the local legal information exchange and see this was normal for them and was able to formulate a plan for fucking them good. It was glorious...
View Quote

Scammy management companies like that are the reason that you video the final walkthrough.

I was once, the plaintiff couldn't run away fast enough when he put in a court document that he was shipping rifles to middle-eastern countries without the approved ATF and DoS paperwork; I even offered to let the feds write the interrogatories.  Dumbass.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#19]
When I worked for a sheet metal company down in Florida we got sued. Waste Management hired us to replace a gutter downspout on some guys house ion one of the Miami bay island gated communities. Their garbage truck had dinged the downspout with a herby kurby or something minor. I drive down and meet the homeowner, literally the 'ding' was about the size of a nickel. I drill out the rivets and put up a new 2x3 aluminum spout, homeowner freaks because I used the existing aluminum straps to fasten down the downspout. The existing straps--just strips of aluminum, .032 thick, about 1.5" wide and a foot long--are held on with tapcon screws screwed into holes drilled in the wall--stucco over cinderblock. I get two new straps out of my truck, guy says they aren't good because the edges of the straps are bare metal (the straps are cut from sheets of flat stock). Guy has a fit when I tell him that's the way they are made. I offer to paint them and he says that's no good, he'll know it's 'bare metal' under the paint. At this point the guy is sweating profusely and shrieking, he seems to have OCD or maybe just having a panic attack. He calls my boss to demand 'new baked enamel straps' (they don't exist) and finally my boss tells him it's our straps or nothing. I put the new straps on. Rivet the spout in place, and leave. I get to the office an hour later and his lawyer is yelling at my boss over the phone. He says my tapcon screws in the old holes in the cinderblock wall are unacceptable. My boss says we can drill new holes and fill the old holes with stucco patch. Guys says no, he'd still know the old holes were there. He wants each cinderblock taken out and replaced. Then he says that would 'bother' him because some cinderblocks would be 'new' and the rest would be 'old' so he wants a WHOLE NEW GARAGE. My boss tells the lawyer to go fuck himsrlf and hands up. About a month later we got a call from the poor guy at Waste Mangement, the guy is suing them (and us; we got papers later that week).  Waste Management ended up settling with the guy, their insurance handled it since we were working for them. WM built the guy a new garage and replaced the paved brick street in front of his house because there were oil stains presumably from one of their garbage trucks. Waste Management supposedly pressure cleaned the street but the guy said it wasn't 'clean enough'.

About a year later WM called us up, the guy had another dent in his downspout from a garbage can, they wanted us to fix it since it was 'our' product. My boss laughed and said we'd never work on anything that guy owned. I know another company got the job, never heard what happened after that.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
When I worked for a sheet metal company down in Florida we got sued. Waste Management hired us to replace a gutter downspout on some guys house ion one of the Miami bay island gated communities. Their garbage truck had dinged the downspout with a herby kurby or something minor. I drive down and meet the homeowner, literally the 'ding' was about the size of a nickel. I drill out the rivets and put up a new 2x3 aluminum spout, homeowner freaks because I used the existing aluminum straps to fasten down the downspout. The existing straps--just strips of aluminum, .032 thick, about 1.5" wide and a foot long--are held on with tapcon screws screwed into holes drilled in the wall--stucco over cinderblock. I get two new straps out of my truck, guy says they aren't good because the edges of the straps are bare metal (the straps are cut from sheets of flat stock). Guy has a fit when I tell him that's the way they are made. I offer to paint them and he says that's no good, he'll know it's 'bare metal' under the paint. At this point the guy is sweating profusely and shrieking, he seems to have OCD or maybe just having a panic attack. He calls my boss to demand 'new baked enamel straps' (they don't exist) and finally my boss tells him it's our straps or nothing. I put the new straps on. Rivet the spout in place, and leave. I get to the office an hour later and his lawyer is yelling at my boss over the phone. He says my tapcon screws in the old holes in the cinderblock wall are unacceptable. My boss says we can drill new holes and fill the old holes with stucco patch. Guys says no, he'd still know the old holes were there. He wants each cinderblock taken out and replaced. Then he says that would 'bother' him because some cinderblocks would be 'new' and the rest would be 'old' so he wants a WHOLE NEW GARAGE. My boss tells the lawyer to go fuck himsrlf and hands up. About a month later we got a call from the poor guy at Waste Mangement, the guy is suing them (and us; we got papers later that week).  Waste Management ended up settling with the guy, their insurance handled it since we were working for them. WM built the guy a new garage and replaced the paved brick street in front of his house because there were oil stains presumably from one of their garbage trucks. Waste Management supposedly pressure cleaned the street but the guy said it wasn't 'clean enough'.

About a year later WM called us up, the guy had another dent in his downspout from a garbage can, they wanted us to fix it since it was 'our' product. My boss laughed and said we'd never work on anything that guy owned. I know another company got the job, never heard what happened after that.
View Quote
 That guy was/is nuts.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#21]
A member here threatened to sue me, claiming theft of IP, because I used one of his pictures to help clarify a question I had about a specific handguard...
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I got sued under Virginia's anti-dueling statute.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I was sued for leaving to small a tip one time many years ago from a waitress at Denny's restaurant.

I showed up in my dress uniform and she showed up in a pair of cut offs and flip flops

Guess what....

CASE DISMISSED!

Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
 holy shit
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes, I countered it and my lawyer drug it out so much it almost bankrupted the person before they tapped out. I didn't tap out on the counter and the case was won. (one of my ex tenants)

If you are going to sue someone make sure you have the money to play or you might get burned
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bingo!!

Also make sure your lawyer drags it out long as possible
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I was sued for leaving to small a tip one time many years ago from a waitress at Denny's restaurant.

I showed up in my dress uniform and she showed up in a pair of cut offs and flip flops

Guess what....

CASE DISMISSED!

View Quote
WTH????
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:23:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

WTH????
View Quote
I never put the tip on my cards and that was back in the day that your name and other information was still printed on the receipt, I only had a couple of bucks in cash in my pocket and I left everything I had, she figured it was not enough and looked me up
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Neighbor broke his back and was out of work for a considerable amount of time, wound up losing their house and vehicles before he could get it fixed. They had to couch surf with relatives for awhile. Their kids and ours grew up together so we took the kids in until they could get settled.
The grandmother threw a hissy fit and tried to sue for custody and named us in the suit. We stomped her ass in court now everyone lives happily ever after.
Except grandma. She's now broke and bitter.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Montana law mandates and enforces a tip of a certain size for a waitress?
View Quote
It doesn't have to be against the law for you to be sued for it...
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:21:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Yes. I rear ended a guy who pulled out in front of me. Wasn't even hard enough to deploy airbags.

He sued me/insurance for over 100k in medical bills. Judge labeled wreck 50/50 at fault and through his suit out. It was a glorious day.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
For a wreck I didn't cause, buy the guy that did cause it.
Because the idiot dickhead trooper wrote me the ticket and his idiot dickhead sergeant backed him up in his lie.
Blatant, obvious lies through the whole hearing, two reconstructionists told them exactly what happened, jury took practically no time to deliberate, threw it out.
State farm was awesome through the whole thing, gave me a laywer for civil court, reconstructionist, everything. Not a dime out of pocket and my rates didn't even go up.
Thought about countersuing, but the guy was broke, living on disability (from a previous accident he caused) and had nothing I wanted.

Trooper was suspended for beating his wife a few months later, my barber is his neighbor...
View Quote
Why was Trooper covering for other guy?
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#34]
I sold a house near Houston in '96.  The next year a tropical storm parked over it for a couple days and the roof leaked.

The guy who decided to skip doing any inspections sued me for his insurance deductible.  It took about 15 minutes to be dismissed.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#35]
I used to be the middle man in an arrangement where a machine shop was making AR parts, and then I sold them to a manufacturer as OEM.

The manufacture got tired of me clipping 15% off the top and decided to fuck me and go direct to the producer. Low class on both parties, I thought, but it happens. Then, the manufacture told me to go fuck my self on $10k in outstanding invoices. Something to the effect of 'getting a judgement and getting a check are two different things'. This was very much in character of the company, so while no suprise, I was still pissed.

Six months later, the original producer who didn't mind cutting me out of the deal sued me. Evidently, the manufacture stiffed him on his invoices as well. He believed that since I set up the deal to begin with, I was still on the hook. Judge let me out on first glance. Lawyer cost me another $2500.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#36]
The large company I worked for before I started my own business got sued by a customer because we did NOT do a job for him. There was no possible solution for his problem that we were able to engineer therefrore we declined to do the work because we could not solve his problem. Another company came in and promised the sun the moon and the stars and of course failed to deliver and messed up his house/yard/street big time in the process. Anyway he sued us because he claimed we could have solved the issue and because we declined he was forced to go with the other company who f'd up his world.
It actually made it to a hearing in front of a judge. Took all of 15 mins to get thrown out.

As far as my business goes I sued a client for non-payment after we installed most of a new sewer and he stopped the work right before completion. after a period of time he terminated the contract. I billed for costs to date and he refused payment. I then had to sue for the ammount owed.
He is counter suing for the exact same amount because we never finished the work He stopped us from finishing and left a trench open in the yard.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:53:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Why was Trooper covering for other guy?
View Quote
It wasn't that he was covering for the other guy, I really don't know, but it seemed like his first take on the scene was incorrect and he was too arrogant to admit that he was wrong.
Old black dude (probably drunk, trooper wouldn't order a BAC) vs white college kid (me).

Blind curve to the right, he said I must have been going too fast and panicked, locked up the brakes and slid into the oncoming lane.
The reason I slammed on brakes was because an old guy in a Delta 88 came around the corner completely on my side.  The impact knocked his car back into his lane, but not without leaving significant evidence of where it was when it was when we hit.
He and the sergeant both lied to my face, skid marks don't match, that gouge was already there, etc, etc.  The road had been resurfaced literally days prior to the accident, they hadn't even painted new lines yet.

I got a scratched thumb from the airbag flap and a couple bruises, other guy broke some bones.

Other guy hired a reconstructionist, who told him it was his fault, but not before he was added to court documents. So two reconstructionists for the price of one, both saying the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
How about MS Paint of the lot?

Quoted:
A lady ran a light and t-boned my car totaling it.  Her sister, who was a passenger in her car sued both of us for an injury to her ankle.  
WTF?   The other driver caused the accident and her passenger sued you?  And won?

how the fuck does that even compute?  She should have sued her sister, not the victim. ... oh wait, yeah.  Can't sue her own family - better to make the victim pay.

Quoted:

.... that was probably the plan after all.  One dent and he wants a whole new garage, and knows how to get it.

Never been sued myself.  The closest was on a retail complaint site where a guy was having a complete meltdown over getting well-deserved bad reviews - shitty builds, no licensing on his floor plans, taking money & refusing to deliver if a customer complained about him.  His "lawyer" kept sending C&D letters out to anyone who gave him bad reviews (as if it carried the weight of law).  He would harass unhappy customers with screaming rants on their voicemail.  On top of that he kept "daring" us to give him our real names ... we all refused of course cos we knew he just wanted to include us in his lawsuits for "defamation".

Then he got arrested for theft by conversion, lost his wife and company, and eventually offed himself.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#39]
I was a supervisor of the worst employee in history.

Lazy, sullen, angry, incompetent.

Always complaining like the giant dick sucking moron that he is.

So one day he was complaining and I told him he would be better off finding another job.

He found another job and hired a lawyer sued me specifically for firing him.  But PA is an "at will" state, I could fire him any time.

So the company lawyer did a dance on the guy's head and that was that.

Here's a piece of advice:

Always document bad performance by an employee.

Guy comes in 10:00 am instead of 8:00, write him up and have him sign it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#40]
We had custody of grandkids and father sued us for $1200 he said he overpaid.  Clearly frivolous as we had documentation. He paid his home state, who paid our state who paid us. In a court hearing the judge said talk to a mediator.

When mediator asked us what we were willing to pay foe settlement I sais $1 an month for 1200 months. :) back to  the judge who scheduled it for trial. Later in the month.

You must know it cost him about $600 to drive  800 miles here and stay over night. He comes back for the second time judge looks at our recipts and state paperwork and asks him what his complaint is. Rhe rambled about not fair blahblah. I ask his honor for him to produce a bill of particulars. Jerk off says no and judge said case dismissed.
:)

So the dude is now out $1200 on a frivolous suit for$1200
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#41]
this country really need a 'loser pays' overhaul of the court system
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Actually the sex life thing is supposed to be a big sway to a jury, we were told by a State's Attorney on a case and he can show loss of intimacy that it sways the decision. Emotions in a criminal case carry a lot of weight, I would imagine in civil it helps just as much.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would love to, but it's up on appeal at the moment and also being sent back to the mediator that we all worked with and signed a contract with. Civil Judge said the same thing as the Mediator said (retired Judge) and we obtained a second opinion from another attorney to make sure we weren't being stupid or pig headed. Other attorney said we won, no overturn of judges ruling, if they take it to appellate it will get tossed after 18 months and they will still be bound by the mediation and courts ruling.

These people remind me of Democrats that lost an election, can't agree or understand it, so they are fighting it as much as they can. We have deep enough pockets to defend ourselves.

I am one for Tort Reform and also a cleaning up of the property laws and civil process. It's been fucked with to the point of insanity.

Near us a Deputy and a couple were killed because of a property dispute. Courts refused to see it for what it was, a criminal case and not civil. 3 people died because of laziness.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#44]
years ago I had an employee that stole $75,000 from me. I fired him and he sued for wrongful termination.  according to our contract we had to go to arbitration, not court. this is run by a retired lawyer. in the state of Florida you can not appeal any decision of an arbitration, EVEN IF THERE IS A MISTAKE ON A FACT OF LAW.  so, I have a full professor of economics as my expert, he had an accountant, not even a CPA.  Lawyer decided that' I was a rich doctor and could afford it. he awarded the scum bag lawyers fees in excess of 100K

we tried to fight it, but there is no appeal.

I went to states attorney for criminal charges, but he said it was an unwinnable case since the jury would see a 'rich' doctor and this now unemployed POS.  he said he would not take the case... My lawyer reminded me that "it is the legal system NOT the justice system"  I still had to pay my lawyers fees also

my only satisfaction is he died young of a brain tumor and I got to go piss on his grave
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Ah. Civil courts..... The most uncivil place.....ever.

Home of basically, all the fuckery.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Actually the sex life thing is supposed to be a big sway to a jury, we were told by a State's Attorney on a case and he can show loss of intimacy that it sways the decision. Emotions in a criminal case carry a lot of weight, I would imagine in civil it helps just as much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I imagine ending the mental image of fat people fucking is a bjg factor too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I used to be the middle man in an arrangement where a machine shop was making AR parts, and then I sold them to a manufacturer as OEM.

The manufacture got tired of me clipping 15% off the top and decided to fuck me and go direct to the producer. Low class on both parties, I thought, but it happens. Then, the manufacture told me to go fuck my self on $10k in outstanding invoices. Something to the effect of 'getting a judgement and getting a check are two different things'. This was very much in character of the company, so while no suprise, I was still pissed.

Six months later, the original producer who didn't mind cutting me out of the deal sued me. Evidently, the manufacture stiffed him on his invoices as well. He believed that since I set up the deal to begin with, I was still on the hook. Judge let me out on first glance. Lawyer cost me another $2500.
View Quote
Is the manufacturer still in business?  I would like to know the name to make sure I never do business with them.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Montana law mandates and enforces a tip of a certain size for a waitress?
View Quote
Nope, and no other state does either, but that was a long time before I lived in Montana.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#49]
I was sued by the government for not taking care of land that I didn't own.

I had purchased a small lot next to a park for $10.  A year or two later, I called the city and asked if they wanted it for parking for the park. City said yes, I donated it. I even received a letter and proclamation of thanks.

Two years later, I am sued by the city. The land was overgrown and full of trash.

The city had never filed the deed, the city  land management office had misplaced it. They had failed to tell the parks department that it belonged to them. The property inspectors just looked up on line who the owner was, and sued me. Of course the county had the info wrong because the city never filed the deed with them!
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It doesn't have to be against the law for you to be sued for it...
View Quote
Exactly, you can sue for anything in civil court.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top