Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 3:31:00 AM EDT
... basketball???

I think they should start both teams at 80 points and have the game 5 minutes long.

Just cut to the chase.

So much time spent just watching these guys from one end of the court to the other and back and forth and back...

Please, let it end!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:33:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Basketball is an intense game. If you ever wanted to get in shape relatively quickly, play basketball. NBA basketball has been choking on its own vomit for the better part of ten years now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:34:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Is that the one where the pituitary cases try to stuff a ball through a hoop?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:38:03 AM EDT
[#3]
No! I love the basketball just not the pros though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:38:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is that the one where the pituitary cases try to stuff a ball through a hoop?

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:45:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No! I love the basketball just not the pros though.

I can watch a high school game when I'm right there in the gym.

When this stuff starts preempting the regular TV schedule it gets annoying.

For entertainment value, it ranks right up there with watching tennis.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:59:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I have no interest in basketball whatsoever.  That said however, I am compelled to give credit where credit is due.

Artis Gilmore had, by far, the most aesthetically forceful and all around greatest hair in sports history.  It must also be noted that it was NOT the product of steroids.  This hair was REAL.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:00:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll bet soccer gives more of a workout than BBall.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:03:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Basket ball is the most physical sport around...period.

There is alot more to it then you think.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:04:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I can get into basketball somewhat.  Though I only follow Virginia Tech's games and other teams in the ACC though I rarely will watch time (I watched 4 games this year).  Professional basketball just downright sucks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:06:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I think wrestling's more grueling.  No time outs every 2 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:07:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

time outs are not every 2 minutes.  And no one wrestles for 2 hours.  Bball you run constantly, soccer is similar.  Both are endurance sports.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:10:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

time outs are not every 2 minutes.  And no one wrestles for 2 hours.  Bball you run constantly, soccer is similar.  Both are endurance sports.

SGatr15

Aerobic.  Wresting is anaerobic, and you can't let up or go easy for a moment if you want to win.  In soccer and Basketball, you can lay back a little, you get switched out, hit the bench.  In wrestling it's you and your oppenent going balls to the wall with maximum effort until someone wins.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:12:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Watching BBall is ok but the NBA is crap.  I actually find it more entertaining to watch NCAA or even European BBall then the NBA.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:22:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Basketball is an intense game during the last few minutes

fixed it
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:36:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Basket ball Football is the most physical sport around...period.

Fixed
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:38:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed

Oh please!  They run 5 seconds and rest.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:40:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed

Oh please!  They run 5 seconds and rest.

SGatr15

5-10 seconds, and those are the most intensely played seconds in any sport.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:41:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I have no interest in basketball whatsoever.  That said however, I am compelled to give credit where credit is due.

Artis Gilmore had, by far, the most aesthetically forceful and all around greatest hair in sports history.  It must also be noted that it was NOT the product of steroids.  This hair was REAL.

img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/Dwoog34/AthleticHair.jpg

Sorry man - Doc was the Afro King.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:44:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

When this stuff starts preempting the regular TV schedule it gets annoying.

For entertainment value, it ranks right up there with watching tennis grass grow.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:51:06 AM EDT
[#20]
All basketball sucks.  Talk about terminally boring.  I would rather give myself lasik eye surgery with a plastic spoon/fork thingy than watch the NBA.  College hoops is a bit more exciting, the players leave it all on the court in hopes of making the NBA where they won't have to work hard anymore and can lay back until retirement.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:54:38 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Sorry man - Doc was the Afro King.

www.remembertheaba.com/OnlyintheABAMaterial/ErvingBenchProfileGlance.JPG

I'll grant you, the "J" had powerful hair.  However, his didn't rise to a fierce, trinagular peak as did Gilmore's.  Gilmore's doo was so imposing that opponents he was guarding literally could not see the opposite end of the court, let alone the basket.  Getting off an accurate shot was impossible with him in front of you.  What's more, it is well known that things got "lost" in Gilmore's hair, never to be seen again (birds, errant golf balls, small animals, etc.; there were rumors about Jimmy Hoffa's body).

His hair was one of the few things that ever left Howard Cosell, who was genuinely enamored of large, athletic black men, speechless.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:10:41 AM EDT
[#22]
I only watch the last 4-5 minutes myself, only part that counts IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:13:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I would rather give myself lasik eye surgery with a plastic spoon/fork thingy than watch the NBA.    

That's called a "spork."
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#24]
sure as hell beats baseball
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:21:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Yep.  Boring.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:26:46 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't care for sports to begin with, and I think basketball is the worst one.  I would be willing to watch just about any other sport before I watched basketball.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top