Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 8:18:58 PM EDT
I just got into this show around the start of the season.

Didn't like it that much at first, but I kept watching. After about 4 or 5 episodes I got to know all the characters and now it has me ROFLMAO nearly every week.

IIRC the first season was short but it's out on DVD. Is it worth buying?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you seen the UK version?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

No.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

If you like the american version avoid the brittish one, as it is about 1.25 million times better. No one that I know who has seen both versions watches the american one after viewing the brittish version.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

If you like the american version avoid the brittish one, as it is about 1.25 million times better. No one that I know who has seen both versions watches the american one after viewing the brittish version.

I've heard that.

I like to watch things for what they are, not what they aren't, though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Watched it on BBC  for quite awhile
that and Coupling
The brit version is better but the i do like brit humor
I see they are going to make a amer version of Coupling too
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

they are both great shows.  My old coworker moved here from the UK and prefers the UK version, but still loves the American show.  The American office is still funny as hell, everytime tuesday (gonna be thursday now since the schedule changed) my neighbors, roomates and I get together and watch My Name is Earl followed by The Office.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

I've heard that.

You will find that the american version is borrowing largly from the brittish version, and that it aren't as funny. Of course, I don't watch TV at all, so I guess I am not one to talk.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

I've heard that.

You will find that the american version is borrowing largly from the brittish version, and that it aren't as funny. Of course, I don't watch TV at all, so I guess I am not one to talk.

er, so you haven't really watched it lately but you can comment on what it is and isn't doing?

I've read early it stuck close to theoriginal but then veerd off on its own.

even this season there's been a very steady and fast improvement in the quality of the show. The acting and the timing of the actors is getting to be pretty damned good pretty damned fast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top