Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 4:42:07 PM EDT
Anybody else have problems with comcast?

They took over our cable(which includes our internet)

And, our service IMMIDIATELY took a nosedive

And, when the cable DOES work I keep seeing their adverstising campaign
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:14:07 PM EDT
thats f'ed up. sorry dsl here
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:17:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 22bad:
Anybody else have problems with comcast?

They took over our cable(which includes our internet)

And, our service IMMIDIATELY took a nosedive

And, when the cable DOES work I keep seeing their adverstising campaign

They won't stop calling me late at night on my cell phone trying to get me to buy their landline. I've gotten very hostile with the salespeople, and they CONTINUE TO TRY AND MAKE THE SALE. I told them 1 more call and I'm turning it off.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:17:05 PM EDT
they have sucked in Virginia forEVER. NOBODY has anything good to say about them.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:17:17 PM EDT
They took ours over several months ago and jacked up the price without adding anything.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:19:35 PM EDT
Pretty funny. I had direct TV for 8 years and never had a problem except for once. I lived in upstate NY so we were getting all kinds of snow storms.
Move to SC and lived with roomate that had cable. I kept seing their advertisement saying that Direct TV is so bad and keeps loosing its signal. In the meantine the cable brakes down at least once a onth if not more. Maybe honesty is not their strong point?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:21:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/3/2007 5:22:33 PM EDT by dolanp]
From what I hear everyone has problems with Comcast. I have Time Warner and it is just as bad. We finally got ATT U-verse in the neighborhood and I have no love for ATT but I can't wait until the installer comes to save me from Time Warner hell.

This is what happens when they monopolize an area though. No need to worry about customer satisfaction when there's no competition.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:26:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dolanp:
From what I hear everyone has nothing but problems with Comcast.

Fixed it from my perspective..............
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:27:59 PM EDT
In my experience:
So long as you don't have to talk to the customer service in the internet department, I am fine with Comcast.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:29:22 PM EDT
Dealt with them for several years in Philadelphia. They were horrible - numerous times we were misbilled, service was spotty, would go out fairly regularly and dealing with anyone in person was horrible.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:29:33 PM EDT

From what I hear everyone has problems with Comcast. I have Time Warner and it is just as bad. We finally got ATT U-verse in the neighborhood and I have no love for ATT but I can't wait until the installer comes to save me from Time Warner hell.

This is what happens when they monopolize an area though. No need to worry about customer satisfaction when there's no competition.

So you don't think cable has competition?

You heard of Direct TV, Echostar?
There is more competition in multichannel video then ever in history.

I hate to hear people bitch about "no competition"

You know, those city franchises are non exclusive.
You think you can do better, why don't you build your own cable system and compete.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:31:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/3/2007 5:31:56 PM EDT by dolanp]

Originally Posted By Cableman:

You heard of Direct TV, Echostar?
There is more competition in multichannel video then ever in history.

I hate to hear people bitch about "no competition"

You know, those city franchises are non exclusive.
You think you can do better, why don't you build your own cable system and compete.

I was thinking more in the realm of Internet. Satellite has definitely given them a lot of competition for television, true. In many places the only Internet option is the cable company (unless you include very expensive options like DirecTV Internet which sucks anyway). And in the realm of phone a lot of places only have one choice as well.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:31:52 PM EDT
College I was a network admin for had 4 dedicated business T-1s via them. They went down all the time randomly.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:35:32 PM EDT
I live in OR and haven't had the negative experiences you speak off. I think they would be better if they weren't the only game in town.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:36:33 PM EDT
I moved into a new house about 4 month ago and seen that there was cable there. I had satellite about 6 years and wanted the Comcast internet. Well, I called them and they sent someone out 2 weeks later. The guy looks at the cables and says that he cannot hook me up and that the cable ends right there now(pointing to the house right across the road.)
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:41:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cableman:

In Houston "they" divided up the city and gave the sections
to the different cable companies, then they tried to OUTLAW
dishes so no one could go to another company

Soooo......it is NOT just people "bitching" about no competition

Yeah, we have more "alternatives" but it is NOT like our electric
service or our phone service where you can PICK your provider

I'd like to have time warner back.....do you think I can get it?........
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:45:40 PM EDT
Have Comcast internet in Jax and it flies here.

Only site that starts to crawl sometimes is arfcom for some reason.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:48:15 PM EDT
they're sorry, i have moved to the telephone company for my t.v. and internet needs. i still owe them twenty five bucks and they can't send me a bill because i don't have service with them anymore. that's jacked up.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:49:42 PM EDT
3 calls later and they STILL havnt sent me a new remote. This fucking thing is about to go thru someones forehead!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:50:29 PM EDT
Have Comcast internet, cable and telephone and it all rocks! No problems, love it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:52:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RangemasterP226:
Have Comcast internet, cable and telephone and it all rocks! No problems, love it.

We had very few problems until comcast took over from time warner

now we get a "fuzzy" screen on the tv and spotty service on the internet
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:55:35 PM EDT

Sorry to hear that, their service must vary from region to region.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:08:46 AM EDT

Sorry to hear that, their service must vary from region to region.

Virginia sucks. I think they troll all the welfare office waiting rooms to get customer service reps. Every phone call I've had with Comcast has been Shaniqua or Boquisha with a chip on her shoulder the size of Al Sharpton, and they make it QUITE clear my phone call is interrupting something important they're doing, like talking about who killed Tupac.
Top Top