Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 10:15:58 PM EST
The past month has really been a downer for the entire world. First of all the islamofascists have decided its okay to start murdering school children. But on top of that there is the four hurricanes that hit the SE and then there is the earthquakes in Kali. Now it looks like Mt. St. Helens is going to blow its top again. It just seems like the world is being judged.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:17:10 PM EST
I think you are over reacting just about 1000%

And we have 100's of earth quakes a DAY here in Cali.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:20:45 PM EST
Going to Hell? No, my friend, you have it all wrong. It's been Hell since the very beginning.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:21:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By warp_asylum:
Going to Hell? No, my friend, you have it all wrong. It's been Hell since the very beginning.

+1
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:28:10 PM EST
Its only going to get worse before it gets better, and the better will be the zombies.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:30:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By Taxman:
Its only going to get worse before it gets better, and the better will be the zombies.

You have no idea how tempted I am to post Cannibal Corpse zombie lyrics right now.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:31:45 PM EST
My grandmother’s car was just stolen. Not to strip, or anything, just a joy ride. That which included taking all her personal items, a new water cooler/dispenser in the trunk and all her notary information and related items. Tried to rip out the stereo with a crowbar, but left the detachable face on the floor of the car. Took her pair of Maui Jim sunglasses and broke them, just because. Slashed the seats, ripped up the carpet, took it off roading and smashed in the rear bumper. They were considerate though in that they left her cane in the car.

Who ever did this I would like to fucking beat to death with a baseball bat. They are not human; they don’t value people possessions or value life in general. Worthless pieces of shit!

So yeah, that in conjunction with a lot of other things in my life and in the world lead me to believe it is going slowly to hell.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:33:23 PM EST
... Not the world I'm living in

... Life is grand!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:35:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:

... Life is grand!

[The Pianist] That's what we have to tell ourselves, anyway. [/The Pianist]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:37:12 PM EST

... Life is grand!

... Have not seen that movie, sorry
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:38:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By WI_Rifleman:
The past month has really been a downer for the entire world. First of all the islamofascists have decided its okay to start murdering school children.

whoo-boy are you mistaken. Islamofascists have been slaughtering children for 1300yrs. And in the modern era, slaughtering Jewish infants in buses, school buses, in their schools, in their homes, in pizza parlors, etc.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:40:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By rayra:

The past month has really been a downer for the entire world. First of all the islamofascists have decided its okay to start murdering school children.

whoo-boy are you mistaken. Islamofascists have been slaughtering children for 1300yrs. And in the modern era, slaughtering Jewish infants in buses, school buses, in their schools, in their homes, in pizza parlors, etc.

I know they have been murdering savages for a long time, but I believe they have struck a new low. Next time I can see them holding a day care center hostage.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:42:11 PM EST

... Life is grand!

... Have not seen that movie, sorry

Great flick, man. Whatever you may think about Roman Polanski, he deserved the Oscar he got for it, as did Adrien Brody. Definately check it out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:43:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By SexualChocolate:
My grandmother’s car was just stolen. Not to strip, or anything, just a joy ride. That which included taking all her personal items, a new water cooler/dispenser in the trunk and all her notary information and related items. Tried to rip out the stereo with a crowbar, but left the detachable face on the floor of the car. Took her pair of Maui Jim sunglasses and broke them, just because. Slashed the seats, ripped up the carpet, took it off roading and smashed in the rear bumper. They were considerate though in that they left her cane in the car.

Who ever did this I would like to fucking beat to death with a baseball bat. They are not human; they don’t value people possessions or value life in general. Worthless pieces of shit!

So yeah, that in conjunction with a lot of other things in my life and in the world lead me to believe it is going slowly to hell.

Sorry dude, it was me. That Delta 88 balls!!!

<­BR>

No, seriously, sorry to hear that. But your fucking Grandma has a detachable face stereo and Maui Jims??!??!??!? Holy shit!!! I wish there was a "bow to your coolness" icon. My Grandma, God Bless Her sweet soul, had about a dozen teeth.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:44:49 PM EST

Romans 8-22 For we are aware that the entire creation is groaning and travailing together until now.
23 Yet not only so, but we ourselves also, who have the firstfruit of the spirit, we ourselves also, are groaning in ourselves, awaiting the sonship, the deliverance of our body.

The sooner it be done the better.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:46:08 PM EST
Don't be a defeatist. The world is a spectacular place. It has its hell holes, yes, but the majority is just fine. You have life - that is a precious, god given gift. Cherish that gift and pass it on to others.

And don't forget about the obligation to protect that gift. You are personally responsible for your own safety and you must arm yourself.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:46:30 PM EST
Around here when they steal cars Olds Cuttlass Cieras are the car of choice.

Crackheads steal it, drive around the crackdealer for a night then leave it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:50:08 PM EST
It just makes me fear hell more.

The World is a test...only a test.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:53:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By Palo_Duro:
Don't be a defeatist. The world is a spectacular place. It has its hell holes, yes, but the majority is just fine. You have life - that is a precious, god given gift. Cherish that gift and pass it on to others.

Well, think of it this way..

If you go to Heaven when you're dead, and Hell is the opposite of Heaven, and life is the opposite of death.. wouldn't that make life Hell?

Not meaning to start a big religious discussion.. just having a little fun with it
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:06:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2004 11:06:48 PM EST by METT-T]
You live in America, in the 21st Century. Crime is low, there is no hunger, there are no wild beasts, there is no rampant disease, there are no wide scale genocidal wars taking place, and you probably have a job. Further more, you probably have at least one vehicle, not to mention a telephone and a color TV, which leaves you FAR better off than the vast majority of the world's population. What are you talking about, world going to hell? You think a couple little hurricanes knocking down a few thousand houses in Florida and some abberant beings exstinguishing the lives of a couple of hundred people is some sort of Armeggedon? Tell that to the folks who lived through the Black Death, or the 30 Years War, or WWI. You, today, live in the most comfortable, safest and most highly advanced society that has ever been experienced by humankind. You are luckier than 97% of the people on the globe today, and the fact that you reading this on the internet tells me you're luckier than a large percentage of your fellow incredibly fortunate Americans.

Earthquakes?

Hurricanes?
1200 war dead? (including two friends of mine, in case you think I'm being flippant)

Entirely inconsequential. We are the luckiest people to ever have existed in the history of humanity, period.

Except for our Canuck and Brit members. You guys are the second luckiest.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:08:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By METT-T:
We are the luckiest people to ever have existed in the history of humanity, period.

+1

Crack open a fucking history book sometime.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:11:41 PM EST
Yeah I can't wait for the SHTF and then its just me and the AR on a rooftop, til the end...

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:13:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By METT-T:
You live in America, in the 21st Century. Crime is low, there is no hunger, there are no wild beasts, there is no rampant disease, there are no wide scale genocidal wars taking place, and you probably have a job. Further more, you probably have at least one vehicle, not to mention a telephone and a color TV, which leaves you FAR better off than the vast majority of the world's population. What are you talking about, world going to hell? You think a couple little hurricanes knocking down a few thousand houses in Florida and some abberant beings exstinguishing the lives of a couple of hundred people is some sort of Armeggedon? Tell that to the folks who lived through the Black Death, or the 30 Years War, or WWI. You, today, live in the most comfortable, safest and most highly advanced society that has ever been experienced by humankind. You are luckier than 97% of the people on the globe today, and the fact that you reading this on the internet tells me you're luckier than a large percentage of your fellow incredibly fortunate Americans.

Earthquakes?

Hurricanes?
1200 war dead? (including two friends of mine, in case you think I'm being flippant)

Entirely inconsequential. We are the luckiest people to ever have existed in the history of humanity, period.

Except for our Canuck and Brit members. You guys are the second luckiest.

Yeah i know im damn lucky, that is why i said going to hell. We are not there yet. It just seems to me that the days of us being on top of the world are numbered and odds are I will see some pretty fucked up shit before the my life ends. I just have a weird feeling that we are on our way down the spiral.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:16:21 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:23:26 PM EST

Yeah i know im damn lucky, that is why i said going to hell. We are not there yet. It just seems to me that the days of us being on top of the world are numbered and odds are I will see some pretty fucked up shit before the my life ends. I just have a weird feeling that we are on our way down the spiral.

You'll drive yourself nuts trying to make sense of all the crap that goes down now and has gone down in history. Just count whatever blessings you have, and be content in the knowledge that if it all goes up in flames, it won't be because of anything you did. If that is the destiny of the world, there's nothing we can do about it.

That does not, however, mean we shouldn't try to put off that fiery conclusion as long as possible.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:25:22 PM EST
Let me guess. You are a relatively young guy. White and probably single with no kids.

Trust me...every generation feels like you....for awhile anyways

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:25:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2004 11:26:38 PM EST by raven]
No. I feel really bad for Europe, but things are going fine in the US. And China and India. Viva capitalism.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:26:21 PM EST
It's no dif then it was 1000 years ago. If any thing a wee bit better. With medical tech and so on. All we have to worry about is some low tech terror assholes, think about the cold war days. You had have to worry about if you'll wake up and the world will still be there when you do.

Stop watching TV, it's getting to you
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:44:23 PM EST
The world is still the same as it ever was, its just society changing around a broader globalization and more people in the world today.

People are the same animals they always were.

Also mass media has affected the frequency that we get news. More news seems like more bad shit...its not.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:00:38 AM EST
I realize that its probably not as bad as i see it, I just have this queezy fealing about current events. Maybe im just paranoid.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:41:02 AM EST

I realize that its probably not as bad as i see it, I just have this queezy fealing about current events. Maybe im just paranoid.

Not sure what your religious beliefs are like, so this may or may not be offensive to you, and I apologize if it is.. but George Carlin could always make me laugh about it when I thought about stuff like this. It's just a transcript and it's much better if you actually hear the rant, but this might help anyway.

www.objectivethought.com/atheism/carlin.html
Top Top