Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/3/2010 7:27:27 PM EDT
These are not mine, but if i lived in a state that still had a mag capacity ban & needed pre-ban mags they would be mine.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi?read=279068

I just posted it here cause I figured GD will have the most traffic on a Friday night.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:35:15 PM EDT
My State doesn't have a pre-ban/post-ban distinction. As long as you acquire it lawfully it doesn't matter when it was made, but most people who legally can sell them to you or import them for you won't. Disassembled as parts they're not considered anything though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:36:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
My State doesn't have a pre-ban/post-ban distinction. As long as you acquire it lawfully it doesn't matter when it was made, but most people who legally can sell them to you or import them for you won't. Disassembled as parts they're not considered anything though.

Yep, I've sent mag "kits" to CA before.

Just hoping someone from here gets a good deal tonight by posting it in GD.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:55:23 PM EDT

Explain please.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:57:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Adventurer96:

Explain please.

Did you ever notice the large number of magazine repair kits available?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:05:19 PM EDT

Explain please.

People in CA can buy mags as "parts" to repair/replace existing worn mags.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:38:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2010 5:39:43 AM EDT by ScottS]
I think what he means is explain this: "My State doesn't have a pre-ban/post-ban distinction. As long as you acquire it lawfully it doesn't matter when it was made."

With regard to CA, I believe this is factually wrong. Try running around in CA with LEO Restricted Mags sometime.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:50:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ScottS:
I think what he means is explain this: "My State doesn't have a pre-ban/post-ban distinction. As long as you acquire it lawfully it doesn't matter when it was made."

With regard to CA, I believe this is factually wrong. Try running around in CA with LEO Restricted Mags sometime.

Having "LEO/MIL" marked mags in California means nothing.

You could have legally possessed >10 round magazines prior to the law restricting >10 round magazines.

You could have then purchased LEO/MIL marked repair parts (disassembled magazines) and replaced all of those previously possessed magazines.

Many of us have done this and it's perfectly legal, so there are many of us "running around in CA with LEO Restricted Mags..."

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:34:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Willmar:

Explain please.

Did you ever notice the large number of magazine repair kits available?

I understand the repair part but otherwise I do not understand how one otherwise acquires one "lawfully."
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:08:20 AM EDT
People with hi-cap mag permits can sell hi-cap mags and can import them or manufacture them, depending on the nature of their permit. FFLs and armoured car companies are among those exempted from the prohibition on selling (I think LEOs may also be exempt). There is no law against buying hi-cap mags or possession of them. So if you acquire one from someone who can lawfully sell them there is no problem. And of course if you happen to find them in the desert there's no law against keeping them. There are plenty of "post-ban" mags in California. Even for people who don't acquire them from people who can lawfully sell them or they unlawfully assemble them or whatnot there is really no way to prove they did anything unlawful short of them saying they did in public or confessing, which is why that law is never really applied against anyone except gangbangers and the like just to tack-on a bunch of charges. With the mag kits some people assemble them out of state for use out of state and disassemble them before coming back in, which is completely legal.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:04:30 PM EDT
People with hi-cap mag permits can sell hi-cap mags and can import them or manufacture them, depending on the nature of their permit. FFLs and armoured car companies are among those exempted from the prohibition on selling (I think LEOs may also be exempt). There is no law against buying hi-cap mags or possession of them. So if you acquire one from someone who can lawfully sell them there is no problem. And of course if you happen to find them in the desert there's no law against keeping them. There are plenty of "post-ban" mags in California. Even for people who don't acquire them from people who can lawfully sell them or they unlawfully assemble them or whatnot there is really no way to prove they did anything unlawful short of them saying they did in public or confessing, which is why that law is never really applied against anyone except gangbangers and the like just to tack-on a bunch of charges. With the mag kits some people assemble them out of state for use out of state and disassemble them before coming back in, which is completely legal.

Precisely why all my mag ads say "NO SALES TO CA."
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:34:11 PM EDT

Because most companies won't disassemble them for you and most people don't have import permits for them.

However, there are assholes who won't sell to Californians even if it is perfectly legal. It upsets me to no end. They think they are taking a stand against our laws but they are only hurting gun owners and helping the anti-gunners. Some also think it is gun owner's fault that California is how it is and are taking it out on us. It is rather ridiculous since gun owners are outnumbered considerably even if they all voted as one single bloc.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:50:18 PM EDT

Because most companies won't disassemble them for you and most people don't have import permits for them.

However, there are assholes who won't sell to Californians even if it is perfectly legal. It upsets me to no end. They think they are taking a stand against our laws but they are only hurting gun owners and helping the anti-gunners. Some also think it is gun owner's fault that California is how it is and are taking it out on us. It is rather ridiculous since gun owners are outnumbered considerably even if they all voted as one single bloc.

In my case, it's more like "unfuck your gun laws, or it's not worth the potential hassle." It will be a cold day in hell before I sell any type of magazine to CA.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:58:24 PM EDT

In my case, it's more like "unfuck your gun laws, or it's not worth the potential hassle." It will be a cold day in hell before I sell any type of magazine to CA.

No worries, we don't need your mag parts.

-Ed
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:22:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Ed_Victory:

-Ed

Great. Could you spread that word around CA? Hopefully then the next time I sell I won't get a dozen PM's asking me if I can break down the mags and just sell them as "parts."
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:22:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2010 7:27:20 PM EDT by Adventurer96]

Assholes? Like every company I have seen that won't sell to you? They are suddenly assholes because of your screwed up state's laws? I would guess it is because it is illegal to sell them to you except in a small amount of circumstances and it isn't worth the risk of being brought up on charges by the CA AG. Think this sort of thing doesn't happen? Ask the ammo vendors who no longer sell to MA. Nice deflection of the issue at hand - California's onerous gun laws. If you don't like them, change them, shut up or leave. Don't think this is some kind of MOLON LABE rally-around-the-flagpole to help you out. Following your logic, should I send PMags to Canada because of their capacity limit? When is it no longer "cool" to follow the law just because you don't agree with it, and you think some loophole will save you? What is next? Income taxes?

This is ridiculous. Have you noticed there is no more federal ban? Have you noticed states that still maintain a magazine capacity ban are in the minority by a large margin? Your argument that even if they voted in one bloc isn't a good one. Fix it, shut up or move.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:24:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ed_Victory:

-Ed

Great. Could you spread that word around CA? Hopefully then the next time I sell I won't get a dozen PM's asking me if I can break down the mags and just sell them as "parts."

This x10.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:25:29 PM EDT
A year ago I'd take um. But now I live in a free state!!! woot woot. I got 30 rounders coming outta my ass now.

Just trying to make the ban state guys feel sad.
Top Top