Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2004 6:58:51 PM EDT
Buchanan is really bashing on both Republicans & Dimocraps over illegal immigration...

Also he's saying the the war in Iraq is/was a mistake. His angle is that we went too fast and didn't crush the Iraqi Army as we went and we're fighting them now. He also thinks that we're pissing off all the Muslims world-wide and we'll eventually be booted from the Middle East ala' the French getting run out of Algeria...

Also says the U.S. needs to back away from NAFTA & GATT before all of our MANUFACTURING jobs end up overseas.

Both Buchanan & Klein agree that Bush will win in November barring any big screw-ups.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:05:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree with him on all points except that going to Iraq was a MISTAKE and his views on the Middle East. Who gives a fuck if we are pissing them off? It seems to me they were pretty pissed to begin with. However, his tough stance on immigration and trade may propel him to the spotlight in the next election. Pat has been saying what most people have been saying about those two issues now for years. I think he might become a pretty effective candidate in 08 should he run for president. I suppose he would run as an independent if he did. I must say, if it comes down to a ticket like whoever the democrats put up, McCain/Guiliani and Buchanan, I can say without a doubt I'd throw my support to Pat.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Buchanan is an angry, angry man.  A little too far to the right for me.

I watched that show.... I was a little more impressed with Klein.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I met Buchanan during the '92 primaries and voted for him in the '92 & '96 primaries.

I totally agree with his view on illegal immigration. I also pretty much agree with him on NAFTA & GATT. I work in a truck/bus assembly plant and about 50% - 60% of the parts we use come in from outside the U.S.

One of these days, we're gonna wake up and regret this "outsourcing" of jobs. Manufacturing jobs is what helped build this country and we should really think twice about kissing them goodbye to third-world shitholes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top