Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/10/2005 10:03:39 PM EDT
about the gun confiscations going on in NO? I couldnt find shit on their site about this... IMO, this should be their #1 priority right now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:05:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By repub18:
about the gun confiscations going on in NO? I couldnt find shit on their site about this... IMO, this should be their #1 priority right now.

Just like the europeans in red dawn, they are sitting this one out.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:06:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2005 10:08:28 PM EDT by WildBoar]
Same thing all the other RKBA groups are doing.

Why does everyone push the burden off the the NRA alone? How can 4 million folks possibly fight the fight for over 60 million?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:10:47 PM EDT
Trying to lobby someone who they have no leverage over, because the dems are nearly all anti, or at least they will vote that way. What are gun owners going to do vote Dim?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:10:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WildBoar:

Why does everyone push the burden off the the NRA alone? How can 4 million folks possibly fight the fight for over 60 million?

Uh, it's their burden. We may push it off on them the most. But the fact of the matter is, They aint doing shit and that's NOT what we pay them for.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:53:39 PM EDT
Could it be they are waiting to see if the so-called "gun confiscations" are in fact real??????
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:56:35 PM EDT

In that case why not just turn in all our firearms for destruction tomorrow.

The NRA isn't doing shit. They mentioned it in their daily NRA-ILA newsletter and brushed it off.

They won't be getting a renewal from this current member .
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:57:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:59:29 PM EDT
calling up members for more donations......
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:01:06 PM EDT
Gotta wait for a business day to operate. Shame they started taking those guns right before the weekend.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:01:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:05:08 PM EDT
I'm sure they're revising their "If you don't join in the next 15 minutes..." scare letters to include this incident.

We'll see if they actually raise some hell. Doesn't look good so far.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:10:05 PM EDT
O.K. a couple of people get their guns taken away. The one I saw looked like a nut and was talking shit.
Some journalist got theirs takem by CHP officers, who returned them in minutes.
I feel positive there were a few idiots with guns acting in a matter that in normal times would have gotten their guns taken away.
The NRA is run by cooler heads than most of you and knows to pick battles and not fly off the handle over stuff like this.
Keep banging the keyboard and cryin' about the NRA's lack of action...better yet tell us why you don't support them....or why you won't in the future.
There's a reason they've been around so long, and they are most of the reason you still own a weapon.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:11:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:
Could it be they are waiting to see if the so-called "gun confiscations" are in fact real??????

Ahhh, sanity.
There is no confiscation order but most of the internet idiots believe the sky is falling.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:14:31 PM EDT
If by Friday the NRA hasn't made a stink about this or even brought it to the attention to the public that they are actively persuing the issue it is time to look for or build a new lobbying entity.

They should be working overtime and making it known they are looking into it with torches and pitch forks in their hands.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:16:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:19:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HELOBRAVO:

Ahhh, sanity.

There is no confiscation order but most of the internet idiots believe the sky is falling.

I have yet to see an credible source saying this is for real and was an actual order by someone in authority (no one has that authority except the President under Martial law)
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:19:39 PM EDT

Not true. The VCDL sent out emails to all members with links to media video and contact links for Virginia representatives.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:22:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HELOBRAVO:
O.K. a couple of people get their guns taken away. The one I saw looked like a nut and was talking shit.
Some journalist got theirs takem by CHP officers, who returned them in minutes.
I feel positive there were a few idiots with guns acting in a matter that in normal times would have gotten their guns taken away.
The NRA is run by cooler heads than most of you and knows to pick battles and not fly off the handle over stuff like this.
Keep banging the keyboard and cryin' about the NRA's lack of action...better yet tell us why you don't support them....or why you won't in the future.
There's a reason they've been around so long, and they are most of the reason you still own a weapon.

They are the reason I can't own a mg today. Not one I can afford anyways. Yeah, they picked those battles great. 1934, 1986...

I guess refusing to support an organization which has worked consistently for the infringement of my second Amendment rights while claiming to do the opposite makes me a slacker, huh?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:24:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By repub18:

We all know the NRA is no good and full of sissy men selling our rights away for 7 figure incomes. I'm waiting for that "NO COMPROMISE" group to take the lead. Once the "NO COMPROMISE" guys execute the battle plan everything will be better.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:15:21 PM EDT
jack and shit and... jack just left town
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:11:05 PM EDT
NRA-ILA Grassroots Alert Vol. 12, No. 36 9/09/05

NRA-ILA COMMENTS ON SITUATION IN NEW ORLEANS

Numerous media sources are reporting on a campaign by New Orleans city authorities to confiscate lawfully-owned firearms from people in the city. Louisiana statute does grant the government, during a state of emergency, broad powers in regulating and controlling firearms.

However, we have seen not just with Hurricane Katrina, but other similar situations, that when police are unable to control the criminal element, people turn to the one freedom that protects all others--the Second Amendment.

While one can certainly understand the dire predicaments of all those affected by Hurricane Katrina, as we have learned throughout history, campaigns to disarm the lawful do nothing to disarm the criminal. And in truth, these restrictions make citizens less safe. Despite the valiant efforts of many law enforcement officers and rescue workers, too many of those left in the wake of Katrina are ultimately responsible for their own security and safety and that of their families and loved ones. This is especially true when communication is virtually non-existent and police can't be quickly summoned to respond to calls for help. At these times, lawful gun ownership is paramount to personal safety.

Of course, the entire situation in New Orleans is constantly in flux. But rest assured NRA is monitoring this situation very closely and will address any activity by the government that unduly infringes upon the rights of lawful gun owners at the appropriate time. As we learn more, we will report to our members accordingly. In the interim, however, we join with all Americans in offering our thoughts, prayers, and assistance to the victims and survivors of this terrible natural disaster.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:38:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2005 8:16:35 PM EDT by WildBoar]

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:

Uh, it's their burden. We may push it off on them the most. But the fact of the matter is, They aint doing shit and that's NOT what we pay them for.

Why the NRA alone? I will always be a member and until we have the number of members we need, they wil never be able to do enough.

Imagine if we had 3 RKBA orgs out there with 20+mil members each. They would impact things in a big way.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:46:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DVCAPI:
NRA-ILA Grassroots Alert Vol. 12, No. 36 9/09/05

NRA-ILA COMMENTS ON SITUATION IN NEW ORLEANS

Numerous media sources are reporting on a campaign by New Orleans city authorities to confiscate lawfully-owned firearms from people in the city. Louisiana statute does grant the government, during a state of emergency, broad powers in regulating and controlling firearms.

However, we have seen not just with Hurricane Katrina, but other similar situations, that when police are unable to control the criminal element, people turn to the one freedom that protects all others--the Second Amendment.

While one can certainly understand the dire predicaments of all those affected by Hurricane Katrina, as we have learned throughout history, campaigns to disarm the lawful do nothing to disarm the criminal. And in truth, these restrictions make citizens less safe. Despite the valiant efforts of many law enforcement officers and rescue workers, too many of those left in the wake of Katrina are ultimately responsible for their own security and safety and that of their families and loved ones. This is especially true when communication is virtually non-existent and police can't be quickly summoned to respond to calls for help. At these times, lawful gun ownership is paramount to personal safety.

Of course, the entire situation in New Orleans is constantly in flux. But rest assured NRA is monitoring this situation very closely and will address any activity by the government that unduly infringes upon the rights of lawful gun owners at the appropriate time. As we learn more, we will report to our members accordingly. In the interim, however, we join with all Americans in offering our thoughts, prayers, and assistance to the victims and survivors of this terrible natural disaster.

... and my response to the milquetoast mass mailing that went out from the NRA-ILA:

Thank you for the quick reply. I only wish that the NRA's attitude toward this grave infringement on our rights was a lot more forceful and proactive.

This is without a doubt the most serious infringement on the right to bear arms that I have ever seen. In fact, this may be the most serious threat to our basic liberties that I have witnessed in my lifetime.

The NRA seems to be taking a half-hearted "wait & see" approach to this situation, and that simply will not do! This is where the rubber meets the road... it doesn't get any more serious than CONFISCATION, and the NRA needs to take this matter very seriously!

Thus, as a long time dues paying member, I once again demand that the NRA use it's considerable political and legal resources to stop the confiscation of privately owned firearms NOW!

Thanks again, and I look forward to your reply.

NYPatriot

Member # 1234567890

Use it however you see fit!

Keep up the pressure people...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:32:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 6:33:06 AM EDT by repub18]
I just got the email

A state cannot grant powers to local governments to violate the 2nd, 4th and 14th amendments...

A very weak "statement" from the NRA.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:23:29 AM EDT

I guess the video's that are everywhere are fiction.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:24:32 AM EDT
The are monitoring the situation to determine how to best use it for future fundraising.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:31:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
... I guess refusing to support an organization which has worked consistently for the infringement of my second Amendment rights while claiming to do the opposite makes me a slacker, huh?

Exaggerate much?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:49:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fiend:

I guess the video's that are everywhere are fiction.

Considering I have yet to see the FIRST video, I have no idea. I've yet to see eithe a gun owner stand on tape & say, "They just took my guns" or a cop stand on tape & say, "We just took his guns."

When these start running on network tv (like FOX), then I'll consider believing this. Until then, it's urban legend.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:59:03 PM EDT
Top Top