Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/12/2004 7:40:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/12/2004 7:40:14 AM EST by Epsilon]
Has there been any word on what new firearms will be manufactured (SIG 550, AUG, etc) for civilians since the AWB has sunset. Or will the manufactures take a few months to announce their plans?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:42:54 AM EST
Before anyone gears up for new production, I'd be willing to bet they will wait a few months to make sure there is a stable political environment to justify the investment.

At least, that's what I'd do.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:46:41 AM EST
yeah here's one i've been reading about... looks sweet

J
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:48:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By Zippy_The_Wonderdog:
Before anyone gears up for new production, I'd be willing to bet they will wait a few months to make sure there is a stable political environment to justify the investment.

At least, that's what I'd do.

Wait till November . . .
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:52:37 AM EST
Guys,

I doubt you will see many new style weapons. It costs a lot to design and tool up for that stuff. For what? To sell 5000 copies? At a profit of $200 each (maybe). A pretty big risk for a small return.

My opinion is - buy what you like NOW. My guess is there will be a MAJOR push by the schumer/fienstiens of the world to do more damage than the last AWB. They will have learned from it and will define a ban with more teeth.

I would not count on Bush resisting it in his lame duck term (assuming he is elected). Kerry would obviously enjoy signing it.

I for one plan to add all the goodies I can at good prices in the last part of this year. Betas, a Shrike (god willing and Ares ever delivers) and enough mags for a lifetime. Oh, and ammo too. I plan to lay up a LOT of 9mm , 308 and 223. Oh, and .22.

The gun grabbers will not go away. We are winning a big one here, but it isn't the war.

Top Top