Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/9/2004 2:21:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/9/2004 2:21:52 PM EST by Gungho_1989]
If so, they have 2 threads, one in Activism, one in W&P about the assault weapons ban. Still thinking of a response for it here, thought someone else might want to jump on the bandwagon.

Edited to add... this is MrsGungho, I just forgot to switch user names.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:44:54 PM EST
I'm still a member there, under the name cat_astrophe, but I don't post much anymore. I just listened to Feinstein on PBS, so my head allready feels like it might explode, but I'll try to formulate a response suitable for mothering later.

I noticed in the Activism thread that she states that the ban has basically protected us from all these evil assault weapons, and we must renew it in order to avoid another Columbine.... huh?? The shootings at Columbine happened after the ban in the first place, so if it didn't prevent it then, so what makes anyone think it will prevent it now??
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:51:55 PM EST
I'll go check it out. I don't post much anymore. Those ladies make my eyes cross sometimes. And I've always avoided the "activism" threads because it's like arguing with a 13 year old girl. All hormone and emotion.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:22:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/9/2004 4:23:20 PM EST by MrsGungho]
Cat I noticed you had posted... thx
I to was already fuming with high blood pressure when I seen the posts. I couldn't formulate a peaceful answer at the time. I have since.
I very rarely post there, mostly sit in the shadows and read, because like you, they anger me so much and it is so hard to have a conversation or debate with them. The hatred and round about attacking from the left to the right is truely enough to make a grown man cry.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:36:24 PM EST
lol, didn't expect to get any replies other than "you big child killer" or "evil woman who would kill babies" type stuff.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:03:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By Persephone:
lol, didn't expect to get any replies other than "you big child killer" or "evil woman who would kill babies" type stuff.

So your the first poster in Activism?

Well done.. bravo... if that was you of course.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:23:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By MrsGungho:

Who else whould be crazy enough to post something like that in the den of "the world is only goodness and light"?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:40:58 PM EST
I would respond but I got banned for telling Cynthia (the muslim moderator) where I thought she and allah could go.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:44:28 PM EST

Who else whould be crazy enough to post something like that in the den of "the world is only goodness and light"?

Me! I was just irritated at the moment to post, and you beat me to it!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:04:53 PM EST

I'll go check it out. I don't post much anymore. Those ladies make my eyes cross sometimes. And I've always avoided the "activism" threads because it's like arguing with a 13 year old girl. All hormone and emotion.

LMAO!

Bob
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:19:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/10/2004 7:26:00 AM EST by Persephone]
I knew I stayed out of "activism" AKA "if you don't think like me you're an ass-tivism" for a reason:

in the "What's new in my reproductive area: if I get "accidentally" pregnant" thread I found a link to www.superlefty.com

lovely.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:41:29 PM EST
Here we goooooo........ I just dove in head first.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:24:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/11/2004 3:25:02 AM EST by MrsGungho]
OMG cat, I feel bad. I ask for help, then when shit hits the fan, I am no where to be found. I went to bed early last night and missed it all. I have however posted a response this morning and someone I don't know, jumped on OUR bandwagon!! YEEAAAA. I'll try to check in more often today, make sure it doesn't get out of hand.

ETA. You did great too BTW.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:29:00 AM EST
Some of us sleep....sorry to leave you hanging cat!

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:05:53 AM EST
Sleep!?! What are you people doing sleeping while I'm arguing in activism?? I think I was allright, but I need someone to watch it today because I have a million and one things to do. It's getting ugly over there...

Persephone, I always stayed out of activism for the same reason, but I started lurking over there, and the conservative mamas need the backup. Besides, we can't do like DU and isolate ourselves with like minded people. Maybe someone was reading that last night and got a revelation. I can only hope.

There is a thread there titled "do we really want the same thing?" and I had to restrain myself. I wanted to say:

Sure, we all want an ideal world where there would be no need for violence or the courts or abortion clinics. The difference is, conservatives accept that the world is still a long way from ideal and act accordingly, while liberals prefer to walk around with their heads in the clouds pretending it is allready perfect.

I think that might get me banned, though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:14:15 AM EST
I'm going to be home most of the day. I have 3 rooms to paint!! (that's why I slept last night) I will take breaks every now and then and instead of getting fresh air...... I'll check the boards! (like now)
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:28:54 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:09:26 AM EST
Hey Persepnone and Cat, do you have any links to your work over there. I would be interested in seeing ya'll in action.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:21:50 AM EST
Since ya didn't ask me, I won't send it to ya.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:24:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2004 4:25:11 AM EST by wedge1082]

I did not know that you had fought over there. I am sorry. I my self have never been there and don't even know what the main web site page is.

Please forgive me.

I am sorry.

eta - thank you
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:25:20 AM EST

Originally Posted By wedge1082:

I did not know that you had fought over there. I am sorry. I my self have never been there and don't even know what the main web site page is.

Please forgive me.

I am sorry.

forgiven and im was sent, eventhough I said I wouldn't.
Your just a sweety.. can't say no to you to much.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:13:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2004 5:14:38 AM EST by wedge1082]

Please forgive me.

I am sorry.

I am a married man...

eta - MrsGungho I do believe you are trying to seduce me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:14:23 AM EST

I am a married man...

then quit hanging out in here flirting, bad boy

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:16:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By diabolical_chicken:

I am a married man...

And now you give me the spanking smile.

I feel violated.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:32:10 AM EST

Originally Posted By diabolical_chicken:

I am a married man...

And now you give me the spanking smile.

I feel violated.

sorry, i didnt realize the spanking was exclusive to certain ladies

i will give you this one instead

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:57:27 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2004 9:30:45 AM EST by MrsGungho]

Please forgive me.

I am sorry.

I am a married man...

Heck I'm married too!! you see the Mrs. before my name? Besides that, your young enough to be my ummm very younger brother!
Get your mind outta the gutter! ETA:
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:03:46 AM EST

Please forgive me.

I am sorry.

I am a married man...

Heck I'm married too!! you see the Mrs. before my name? Besides that, your young enough to be my ummm very younger brother!
Get your mind outta the gutter!

To the gutter I go, all for the sake of humor.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:31:53 AM EST

To the gutter I go, all for the sake of humor.

I edited my post. Forgot to add the smiley.. damn my mind just can't smile today, even when I try to be humorous.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:21:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/27/2004 4:37:32 AM EST by thebeekeeper1]
Top Top