Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 2:28:06 PM EDT
Just bought 11 new vinyl windows for the house, a new front door and a new storm door.

American Craftsman vinal replacement windows 9500 series, LoE rating of .32, argon filled, 7/8 glass thickness, with a half screen. Bought the 8500 series, but they gave me a free upgrade to the 9500 series. They are tilt in's with the dividing grate on the inside of the glass.

New fiberglass door, with half circle window and a new aluminum storm door.

All for $2850. Had a 10% coupon from Lowes that I used a Home Depot that saved me over $300!

No interest or payments for one year. We will budget payments over the next 12 months.

Looks like I am going to be busy this summer. Anyone replace their windows before? Any advice?

Looking to make everthing low maintenance in the home -

Vinyl windows (purchased)
Vinyl siding (done)
Recycled composite plastic decking for back deck and front and rear steps (next spring)
Any other suggestions.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#1]
How much would they charge to install those windows?

I didn't realize they were so cheap, maybe I should replace my old windows.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Start -> Settings - > Control Pan..  nevermind.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Check your IM for my number.  I have several questions and would be glad to help you out.  I have several years experience in manufacture and service of windows.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#4]
If you have the old type double hung wood windows with the rope and counter weight then the replacement will be easy.  If not, then not so easy.  

Hire somebody good to show you how to do the first one.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top