Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2006 8:54:53 PM EDT
Im sure there has to be a way, but Im damn sure not bright enough on my own to do it.

My slave is new, partioned and smokin, I dont trust single drives anymore. I learned last crash to backup bookmarks every now and again.

tia!

Link Posted: 8/20/2006 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]
are you using outlook express?

ETA

Sorry missed the OE

Go into OEs tools, then options, them maintenance then look at the stored folder.
If you go there and copy all on the files to a safe place it will backup everything.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
are you using outlook express?

ETA

Sorry missed the OE

Go into OEs tools, then options, them maintenance then look at the stored folder.
If you go there and copy all on the files to a safe place it will backup everything.

Thanks!@

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:54:38 AM EDT
[#3]
search for *.dbx  
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:00:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
search for *.dbx  

I had tried that and it kept coming back Nothing found.

"Kept". I was lke WTF???

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:14:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Change your search option to include system and hidden files.
The files your are looking for are in your provile directory that is hidden.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:04:25 AM EDT
[#6]
For non-geeks, here some hints... you have to change the settings of your Windows Explorer first, to show you hidden files. Click on "Tools" in the drop-down menu, then "Folder Options", "View", "Show hidden files and folders."

Then you type in "C:" in the address bar of Windows Explorer (or copy-and paste the string C:Documents and Settings) and press enter. Browse your way through the directories above, i.e. the directory that has your login name, and then:

Application Data
Identities
GUID identifier, which looks like: {A2E93500-40A9-404E-8935-CDC5CD0E48AF}
Microsoft
Outlook Express

link
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#7]
This is what I use and it's free. I don't set it to run automatically just to keep the number of things running at startup down. I backup to a 2nd HD too, after a couple of drive failures.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top