Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 6:57:17 PM EDT

Got this email from a fellow seaman out here.  Any truth to this? I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Friends and fellow Vets. I have received the following letter from another group of veterans that I am associated with. I am forwarding it to you and let you decide what is right.

Dear everyone:

Please pass this along to anyone you know, this needs to get out in the open. Recently Marines over in Iraq supporting this country in Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffee, and try to score some free coffee grounds. Starbucks wrote back telling the Marines, "thanks for their support in their business, but that they don't support the War and anyone in it" and that they won't send them the Coffee.  

So! As not to offend them (Starbucks) we should no longer show our support in buying any Starbucks products. As a current Marine and War Vet. I'm writing to all Patriots. I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this War might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean WE shouldn't support the boys on the ground fighting street to street and house to house for what they and I believe is right. If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and I'll never know. Thanks very much for your support, and I know you'll all be there for us when I deploy once more.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought I had heard that Starbucks opened up a cafe in a tent over in Iraq for the troops!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
No sir.  That's been debunked.  It is false.  Thank you for being concerned though.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, guys.

Just had to check. I really have a thing about NOT going off half-cocked.

( had they been guilty, I'd have boycotted them)
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#6]
The story about a Starbucks charging emergency workers in NY $130 for water is true.

www.snopes.com/rumors/starbuck.htm
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The story about a Starbucks charging emergency workers in NY $130 for water is true.

www.snopes.com/rumors/starbuck.htm

Yes, it was one of the highly educated Barristas who did that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top