Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2001 4:40:56 PM EDT
I'm a steady drinker.  By some terms, prob and alcholic.  Does anyone else out there drink daily?
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#1]
If you think you have a problem, you probably do.  If others think you have a problem, you definitly do.  I gave up drinking 8 yrs ago...one of the best things I ever did for myself.  Discuss your situation with your doctor or minister.  Consider AA, they are listed in the White Pages.  good luck  Ray
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I stick to drinking on Saturdays and maybe (thursday/Friday nights).

I used to drink more but than thought about using the money to buy more firearms and ammo. This really help me limit my drinking.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Do I drink???

Check my name.

Seriously,dittos to what ray and thompson said.  I used to drink a lot myself and still do on limited weekends.  I spent 6-months working with a group of former military guys that had some pretty bad drinking problems.  When you see the longterm effect of heavy drink it will get your attention.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I only drink alone or when I'm with somebody.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Mr. Federal Agent, I do not have any substance abuse problems nor have I made false or misleading statements regarding this on BATF Form 4473, and I oppose your profile building questioning.

Just kidding sorry, it's been a while since I've seen any posts like that. Actually my little brother just got a job at a bar and I be going to drink for free tonight!
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I do drink quite a bit, but not as much as I used to I dont let it control my wallet anymore.  I had a problem with drinking about a year ago.  Fortunately, I had a couple of good friends to help me out.  God knows I could not have done it alone.

ML
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Drinking a sierra nevada right now.I enjoy micro brew beers casually
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I drink a few beers everey day, though I havent been drunk or intoxicated in several years.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#9]
O`Douls[:(]
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't drink any more. Then again, I don't drink any less either.

But to answer your question- am I a steady drinker? No. I'm usually unsteady when I'm drinking. And unstable. And uncooperative.

And, occasionally, undecipherable. Hence this post.

My 2¢.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#11]
You guys sound like my wife.  No straight answers, only riddles..  You'd think I asked about penus size or something?
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Uhhhhhhhhh....yeah.

im--BALMING--fluid

get it?
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I drink a few beers each night, I enjoy knocking back a few in the evenings.  I don't consider that "steady" drinking though.  To me, steady drinking is when you get up in the morning about 7:00am and crack one open, and you keep on knock'n back until late that night.  That is "steady" drinking to me.  I don't do that *hit anymore.  Only in my younger days........

Link Posted: 4/27/2001 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Penis size? aaah, well,  Let me get a beer.....
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#15]
[i]Hic.[/i] 'Take a little wine for thy stomach's sake' has always been one of MY favorite Bible verses.

[i]Hic.[/i]

Eric The Hummmzzzzzz[i]Hic[/i]
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I miss the Chivas Regal and the Guiness Stout.

Strangely, I have absolutely nothing to show for the money I spent when I drank alcoholic beverages.
 Since I made the decision to stop drinking and start a career, I've had many positive changes and plenty to show for the money I earned...
As I eventually discovered, only I could make such a decision.  That was one of the Top 5 Best Decisions I've ever made.
So be it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#17]
six pack days seven days a week. give or take. though every once in a while i'll have one of them nights! but i still work 6 to 7 days a week (hanging drywall), i don't beat my wife, don't have any dwi's ,and spend most of my time outdoors hunting, shooting, or fishing. iguess you could call me a productive drunk.

Link Posted: 4/27/2001 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I only drink on days that end with "day". Gotta limit myself or people would think I was an alcoholic.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#20]
WTF is a "Steady Drinker"? Define your terms my man? Do you mean from the time you open your eyes in the morning until you fall out sometime during the night, or do you mean do you have a couple of pops every day? A couple of pops every day is what you need to chill out and keep the guns in the safe until you're ready to go to the range. That, plus lotsa time on the heavy bag.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll drink to thattt
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Just enough, 2 or 3 tallboys, to feel sleepy then its off to bed I go, better than buying those dam sleeping pills, and it tastes better too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#23]
On days: nope
off days:only Bushmills or Guinness/Murphys stout.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 10:21:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Only through a straw.

[img]www.netlaughter.com/images/beer_sq.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm a pretty heavy drinker.  I don't like it anymore. I started drinking a lot when I started being depressed, so it was an escapist thing.  Now I'm doing what I want but this stupid old habit is with me and draining my power. I can stop for a week or so, but that's about it.  Typically I drink about 4 pint sized cans a day, plus a six pack when I want to binge.  I've noticed my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be, and I've got a gut.  Don't see a lot of advantages in drinking anymore.

Link Posted: 4/27/2001 11:36:25 PM EDT
[#27]
if those beer cans are part of the mount i'm guessing you live in a trailer park and been proped by aliens at least once
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 11:47:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Every couple of weeks I buy a sixer of good micro or German beer and put it away over the weekend. When I was young and chasing women, I used to drink quite a bit more. But by my early 30's I was done with all that. So, now it's maybe a 12-pack per month. Sometimes less, rarely more.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 12:27:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Nope , gave it up about 6 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 12:32:51 AM EDT
[#30]
If anybody knows SoCal,  we got kicked out of Hurricanes in HB for being too drunk tonight. . .   :-)
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:02:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm a pretty heavy drinker.  I don't like it anymore. I started drinking a lot when I started being depressed, so it was an escapist thing.  Now I'm doing what I want but this stupid old habit is with me and draining my power. I can stop for a week or so, but that's about it.  Typically I drink about 4 pint sized cans a day, plus a six pack when I want to binge.  I've noticed my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be, and I've got a gut.  Don't see a lot of advantages in drinking anymore.

View Quote
                                                                                               Canadians can`t brew it fast enough to keep up with.....B&G............[beer]
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:07:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Steady drinker? After a couple, my hands stops shaking and I do get steady.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:12:07 AM EDT
[#33]
One or two beers once a week or so, sometimes over two nights.

[red][size=4] P.R.K.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:30:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Drink?

I started in my late teens as a social drinker, mainly getting drunk on the weekends. Then I went into the military and my drinking escalated.  I then got married and my drinking increased even more due to the sorry state of my marriage.

I didn't drink because I thought alcohol tasted good, I drank to get drunk.  Towards the end of my drinking days I drank everyday, I found I didn't get hang-overs this way.

Then I had children, and I realized that I was going to make my kids grow up under the same conditions I did, My father was always out getting drunk. He never stopped till the day it put him in his grave.

Well, I broke the chain, one night ten years ago I said that's it, I quit, I'm not drinking anymore.  I'm the only non-drinker in the family, I've lost alot of good friends because they no longer feel comfortable around me.  I don't care if other people drink, hell, I'll go to the bar and buy em a beer, but still for some reason they feel self consciouse around me and would rather be around other drinkers.

I had a major drinking problem, I know I did.  I don't believe I was a alcoholic because I quit so easy.  I've never had any desire in ten years for a drink.

I've had many people ask me how I quit.  My answer to then is each person has to find the reason that is meaningful to them.  MY reason might not be good for them.

Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#35]
I would say anyone who drinks every day has a problem.
Quitting cold turkey cut me from a six day a week drinker to a twice a month drinker.
I just wish I could cold turkey food.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#36]
I am not too into drinking, kinda makes me sick.  Every once and awhile I'll smoke a crack rock or two, but hey who doesn't? [%|]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#37]
My last bottle of bourbon lasted 6 months.
But, the last 2 shots lasted only about the time it took the ice to start melting.
Maybe 2 bottles of wine per month(shared)
The rare shot out of an 8 year old bottle of Mezcal.
JD
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#38]
May 29th, 2001.

11 YEARS SOBRIETY.
(OK, I quit drinking 11 years ago, and I'm getting more sober every day.)

I made the decision to not drink alcoholic beverages on May 29th, 1990.  

Just for the record, I preferred Chivas Regal blended scotch and Guiness Stout...

I drank to get drunk.  Had enough of that on May 26th, 1990 and made an official decision at an AA meeting I attended with a friend on May 29th, 1990.  It is also the anniversary of my Fathers' death in 1975, so I chose that day to LIVE.  
Been 11 years, now, since I hoisted alcohol to my lips, and I'm glad I made the decision to stop.  

It's difficult to say "I am an alcoholic", but, if that's what you want to call it, so be it.
There are many clever ways to describe it.
One must decide if not drinking is the necessary step toward a better life for oneself.
It was the right decision for me, by me.

Here's to Me on my 11th AA Birthday!
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Whats beer?[;)]
Eric
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Steady? Yup
Like it? No
Working on it? Yup
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#41]
I AM IRISH ...  OF COURSE I AM A DRUNK FUCK !

[img]cedargrovepolice.net/imbrog2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#42]
I am a bartender and waiter in a state where there is no such thing as last call. I do not drink because it messes up my aim. Nothing pleases me more than to take the money of some bleedin heart liberal homo-lovin tree hugger drinking some fancy ass micro brew. I like to tell people that the tip jar is my ammo fund.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#43]
I quit regular drinking the day I got alcohol poisoning.  My dad killed himself with alcohol.  He was 47, I was 8.  I really think that the heavy drinkers have a slow death wish.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#44]
05/04/93 is my AA Birthday - thank God!

I can also say that I blew a **LOT** of money on alcohol and **LOTS** of other recreational chemicals and had nothing to show for it but self loathing and a totally f*cked up life.  Luckily, I never got busted for a felony - thanks again, God!

That being said - I'm a Libertarian when it comes to drugs (alcohol included).  Legalize 'em all - just leave me alone and don't break into my house for cash when your life is messed up!

Life is good!

Tate
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#45]
All things are best enjoyed in moderation - including moderation...

To paraphrase Samuel Clemens, "I only take one drink each day.  I begin shortly after waking, and stop about a half hour before bed."

My staff psychologist is Captain Morgan, and my on-call physician is Doctor Jack Daniels.  They have serves me and mine well over the years.

FFZ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top