Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/17/2009 4:27:33 PM EST
Something that I have had since sports in high school.
I always thought it was shin splints, but tonight some people told me otherwise.

After running, or lots of walking, the insides of my legs feel really tight and achy, from the knee to my ankle. Ever heard of this?
Is there anything that can be done about it?

It even hurts after work climbing ladders, or from walking around.

Is it worth going to a regular doctor or maybe a sports medicine type doctor?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:29:28 PM EST
Not a doctor but my internet x-ray machine has found the problem.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:48:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2009 5:49:13 PM EST by SoCalTrojanSoldier]
Sounds like exercise induced compartment syndrome. Without more info can't tell. When you exercise, the muscles swell due to increased blood perfusion because of increase oxygen demand. the muscles are surrounded by fascia (or gristle ) that does not stretch. Compartment gets tight and the circulation is compromised. Diagnosis is confirmed with a compartment pressure test prior to excersise and during or immediately aftefter excercise. (Needle in compartments that measure pressure). Solutions include stretching and if that fails surgical release of the compartments - making a slit in the fascia to allow for the swelling without increasing pressure.

ETA: See a sports medicine trained orthopedic surgeon
Top Top