Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2001 1:37:18 PM EDT
I don't know many other surfers that appreciate guns, especially the AR15.  Just wanted to know if any you liked to catch waves as much as shooting.  I feel like a rare bird sometimes.

TriFin

(because my board has 3 fins damnit!)
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been surfing since I could crawl !!! Literally !!! We spent most every summer at my aunts house in L.A. and most of that time was spent at the beach.
I don't have as much time for it now, but I am only a few hours from the beach, so whenever we can get there, we go. Now I spend more time teaching my kids how to surf than I do surfing.
[:D]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep
Surfing since 1983,  currently ride a 8'6" modern day longboard custom made for me.

Pig
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#3]
F#$king desert!  I like to surf, but my current location is not a very great place.  I did some stuff in Kali and Washington a summer a go, and snuck away from a H.S. trip to Hawaii to surf North Shore.  I like it, but I don't get any practice.
Ice
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 4:30:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Born and raised here in Hawaii where surfing is a prerequisite. Started spongin' earlier than I can remember and still dabble in it to this day--got a Mike Stewart E3, Manta mirage pro-comp, and a Toobs. My surfboard is a 6'4" Mike Woo. Interestingly enough, my first rifle that I bought once of legal age was a pre-ban Colt Ar15! Kawabunga, Dude!
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't surfed in 10 years.  Used to all the time while on Oahu.  Now I'm just a used up shredder with a beer gut and a farmer tan.

I'm gonna cry now. [>(]  I miss the big waves.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Bodysurfer here, but haven't been out in a couple of years.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Good to see some response.

Spectre, Southern Cal rocks.  I spent some time in Laguna Beach back in the 80's.  Man I miss the girls there.

PinePig, I ride 7'6" Tony Channin. It's a So. Cal. board. Laser Calibrated when shaped.

Sorry Ice, you must be stoked for some surf.

Jsr75, where in Hawaii?  I just got back from Maui.  I was there for 18 days and it was flat most of the time.  Caught a couple of over-head days though. I'm going back this winter for the big swells.  I noticed Hawaii doesn't like guns. At least that's the impression I got. NO Class III. What about AR's?  Any restrictions on those?

Aloha Stealth

Hang Loose everybody!
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Since I was seven years old

Bought my first board, rounded pin from Fox in Hatteras, when I was 11.  Borrowed my brother's has-beens before that.

Refuse to buy a long board; although I will ride one every now and then.

Water's gettin' cold here and we just finished a three week streak of great waves (from 3 hurricanes).

Cold where you guys are?
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish! I just got back from California where I spent some time at New Port, Laguna, and Hunnigton Beach. Man surfing looks fun. I live on the West Coast so there is surfing where I'm at, but a little colder.

Link Posted: 10/9/2001 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Boogie board every now and again. Does that count.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Surf? No! Windsurf? Hell Yeah!

Me at Kanaha, Maui!  Been doing it since 1984...

[IMG]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=192182&a=1409106&p=49839910&Sequence=0&res=high[/IMG]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh yeah another surfer here. Been surfing for at least 15 years, Also used to be a skateboarder and snowboarder. I just purchased one of the best toys ever(besides my ar15), it is called rcsurfer. It is the most awesome remote control toy. It is a waterproof surfer that actually rides wavs and uprights itself when it falls. check out their website at www.rcsurfer.com.  They have video downloads that you can watch to see the action. It does everything that they show and more. I actually get a huge crowd and many offers to purchase the toy whenever I use it when people are around. You have to build the kit yourself but it is really not that difficult(actually enjoyable). Check out this toy you will not be disapointed.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:41:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Surfin' since '62....That's right 1962!!.. Still have my Dewey Weber 9'2:  Ray
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#15]
[:D]How'd you guess![:D]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Surf? No! Windsurf? Hell Yeah!

Me at Kanaha, Maui!  Been doing it since 1984...

[IMG]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=192182&a=1409106&p=49839910&Sequence=0&res=high[/IMG]
View Quote

Thats my backyard! No BS!, my house is on the upper right corner of that Volcano.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:18:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Pacific Northwest. 5mm wetsuit. Gloves, booties.

... and my weber performer.

[img]http://www.oregonsurfpage.com/photo_gallery/images/25.jpg[/img]

A little bit of spring swell and a secret spot...

[img]http://www.oregonsurfpage.com/photo_gallery/images/39.jpg[/img]

_FS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top