Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/2/2011 12:11:31 PM EST
I mean I loathe it, I hate it with a surreal passion that even the mere mention of it or thought of that slimy shit on a sammich will make me heave.

I have to steer myself to potato salad made German style to prevent myself from getting sick. Mentioning of mayo when I am eating will make me stop and retch .
I know it is borderline irrational but honestly have had some bad mayo experiences to the point I have gotten ill from it in the past.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:12:31 PM EST
Yessir, but I also detest vinegar, so most "salads" are out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:12:36 PM EST
You have never eaten mayo, or did something happen that made you hate it?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:17:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2011 12:18:22 PM EST by Bettendorf]
I hate it too, man.

I saw a dude eating his fried cheese sticks the other day and he was dipping them in mayo.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:18:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By LinggrrLonggrr:

I used to eat stuff with mayo but went to a local sub shop here and ordered something that did not say had mayo on it, took a bite and gagged and reteched wince the entire thing was covered in about 1 cup of mayo per slice.. No shit it was honestly 2" thick per slice. That was the start of hatred and yes I had them remake it with no mayo but the damage was done my brain was thinking MAYO with every bite.

Safeway sub sammich bit into it and vomited the mayo was spoiled, scraped over 4 cups of mayo off the thing. I took it back and showed the manager that horrible shit. He had been wondering why the deli was going through over a gallon of mayo every couple of days.

Wendy's back when I ate fast food, bit into the burger and got a mouthful of mayo.. more mayo than meat.

Red Robin, spoiled spicy mayo.. Still getting messages from the manager to contact him about the putrid experience I had there.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:18:33 PM EST
mayo is great on sammiches.... but miracle whip is better
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:18:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2011 12:21:26 PM EST by raven]
Wait until you make it yourself, your revulsion will become even more rational. It's almost all just oil, so mayo has an insane amount of calories.

When I was making it and the recipe said 1 cup of oil, I thought "That can't be right" and started comparing it to other recipes for mayo. Nope, 1 egg, a little salt and lemon juice, and a shitload of oil. And homemade doesn't taste especially better, either. But you can do things like flavor it with wasabi or chiles.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:19:27 PM EST
Another hater here.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:19:58 PM EST
I have exactly the same issue. Cannot stand it, won't eat anything with mayo. Not even crabcakes if I know there's mayo in them. I will literally gag if I detect it in anything I'm eating.

I have no rational explanation for it but I've always, even as a small child, hated it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:20:13 PM EST
I fucking HATE mayonnaise
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:21:13 PM EST
I dont have a problem with it, I used to though.

I dunno, guess I just grew out of the hate.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:21:46 PM EST
Originally Posted By DocBull:
Originally Posted By LinggrrLonggrr:

I used to eat stuff with mayo but went to a local sub shop here and ordered something that did not say had mayo on it, took a bite and gagged and reteched wince the entire thing was covered in about 1 cup of mayo per slice.. No shit it was honestly 2" thick per slice. That was the start of hatred and yes I had them remake it with no mayo but the damage was done my brain was thinking MAYO with every bite.

Safeway sub sammich bit into it and vomited the mayo was spoiled, scraped over 4 cups of mayo off the thing. I took it back and showed the manager that horrible shit. He had been wondering why the deli was going through over a gallon of mayo every couple of days.

Wendy's back when I ate fast food, bit into the burger and got a mouthful of mayo.. more mayo than meat.

Red Robin, spoiled spicy mayo.. Still getting messages from the manager to contact him about the putrid experience I had there.

I see. I have friends that got absolutely trashed on tequila when they were younger. I'm talking puking their guts out. They can't even smell tequila now without gagging.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:22:50 PM EST
Hate the stuff, canned tuna is on the list as well, any fish that comes out of a can is not fit for human consumption.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:23:09 PM EST
I flat out refuse to eat raw egg whites and oil. If that's your thing, more power to you. I'd rather have mustard or nothing at all
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:24:12 PM EST

My Dad shares your hate for it.

I'll eat it but I'm not like some fat asses that glob the shit on anything or dip french fries into it.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:24:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2011 12:25:07 PM EST by BUCC_Guy]
Bunch of goddamn Sallies in this thread.

Best thing in life is a jar of Hellman's and a spoon.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:25:19 PM EST
I hate it, not so much the taste (because it lacks any real taste) but the way it looks. Getting it on my hand is like getting shit on my hand, I start to gag and need to get it washed off quick.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:25:32 PM EST
Originally Posted By Jeffreysox:
I dont have a problem with it, I used to though.

I dunno, guess I just grew out of the hate.

I embrace the hate.

It keeps me warm.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:25:50 PM EST
the only thing I will be mayo on is a BLT, and then its just a tiny bit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:30:32 PM EST
I mean I loathe it, I hate it with a surreal passion that even the mere mention of it or thought of that slimy shit on a sammich will make me heave.

I have to steer myself to potato salad made German style to prevent myself from getting sick. Mentioning of mayo when I am eating will make me stop and retch .
I know it is borderline irrational but honestly have had some bad mayo experiences to the point I have gotten ill from it in the past.

So do I.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:31:15 PM EST
Miracle shit in a light coating is preferred here, like a kiss of the whip. Mustard is king, so is a drizzle of olive oil and decent sweet balsamic.
I have a food processor and do my own hummus, pesto and salad dressings... would put any of those on a sammich but mayo.... FUCK NO!
Was talking to mom and she was telling about this mayo based dipping sauce, Had to tell her to shut the hell up.

Used to get sick from the smell of whisky and whiskey. To many misspent nights sailing the seas of vomit riding the cutty. GLAD I grew out of that.
Honey jager on the other hand I still get the gags when I see it in the booze store.

The other thing that makes me cringe and get ill are black olives, boxed mac n cheese and canned baked beans. Hate those fuckers with a mad passion.
The black olives are simply due to the curing to make them black, it uses lye.
Boxed mac n cheese is the flavor and having grown up piss poor we ate the shit out of it.
And baked beans, well the texture is shit.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:34:22 PM EST
I don't eat mayo, mustard or ketchup.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:35:21 PM EST
I love mayo on sandwiches, nothing better. Never been a big mustard fan, so without mayo a sandwich is just dry and plain. Except pastrami, gotta have mustard on that.

Our minds are good at making us avoid things that have screwed us up (except for addictive stuff). When I was a kid I ate at a terrible Red Lobster that was smelly and moldy from water damage (don't know WTF my parents were thinking), and when we were there my cousin barfed, to top it all off. Gave me at least a good decade's worth of extreme aversion to seafood, and even now I vastly prefer other foods.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:35:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By 1bamashooter:

A day without ketchup is like a day without sunshine.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:36:53 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:36:59 PM EST
I hate mayo with an unbridled passion.

fucking hate it.

if they put it on my burger, i either toss the whole thing out or just toss out the bun with the mayo and spend 10 minutes trying to wipe it off the burger.

fuck mayo. it smells and tastes horrible.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:37:05 PM EST
Hate mayo as well. Won't touch the stuff.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:37:46 PM EST
<<<––––––

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:38:33 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:39:09 PM EST
I hate bologna grease as well.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:40:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By 1bamashooter:

nor salad dressing
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:43:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By RangerVA:
I hate bologna grease as well.

Thanks dude!! I just had a flash back of my grandpa's favorite thing, bologna and mayo sammiches...

Or butter and bologna with cheap ass frenchs mustard.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:46:39 PM EST

Hater.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:47:45 PM EST
How do you feel about clowns?

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:48:26 PM EST
jawohl...
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:49:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2011 12:50:37 PM EST by DocBull]
Originally Posted By Torqued:
How do you feel about clowns?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrQqfl31T5Y

I HATE CLOWNS!!! but that almost made me vomit, had to turn it off when he grabbed the spoon.

I would prefer watching one of those burly pus popping videos and someone licking their fingers afterwards.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:50:32 PM EST
Hate it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:53:09 PM EST
mayo- ok
mircle whip- much better

but mustard?.... fucking goddamed yellow rot in a jar. mustard lovers must be the same ones who would keep climbing on that whore filled with so much cheez the color layers look like a pack of life savors... yes, it's that fucking nasty.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:57:41 PM EST
Mayonaise is the king. However I do not like Miracle Whip. Why they make it white so it looks like mayonaise? I guess to mess with everyone.

I hate when you are offered a sandwich or burger with mayonaise and it shows up with Miracle Whip. I now ask if it is mayonaise or is it Miracle Whip, most of the time it is Miracle Whip that they are calling mayonaise. I think they should give Miracle Whip a color to tell the difference. Perhaps gray or blue.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:00:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2011 1:00:21 PM EST by Hedonist]
Raised on Miracle Whip, and hate mayonnaise.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:17:52 PM EST
Miracle shit in a light coating is preferred here, like a kiss of the whip. Mustard is king, so is a drizzle of olive oil and decent sweet balsamic.
I have a food processor and do my own hummus, pesto and salad dressings... would put any of those on a sammich but mayo.... FUCK NO!
Was talking to mom and she was telling about this mayo based dipping sauce, Had to tell her to shut the hell up.

Used to get sick from the smell of whisky and whiskey. To many misspent nights sailing the seas of vomit riding the cutty. GLAD I grew out of that.
Honey jager on the other hand I still get the gags when I see it in the booze store.

The other thing that makes me cringe and get ill are black olives, boxed mac n cheese and canned baked beans. Hate those fuckers with a mad passion.
Boxed mac n cheese is the flavor and having grown up piss poor we ate the shit out of it.

Black olives are black because they are more ripe. From an article.
/snip
Green olives must be soaked in a lye solution before brining, whereas ripe black olives can proceed straight to brining
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:20:54 PM EST
I hate mayo more than any other food product.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:24:21 PM EST

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:26:58 PM EST
Why would you put something on your sandwich that isn't good for you and has an awful taste when there are so many good mustards available?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:28:19 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:30:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By John87:
mayo is great on sammiches.... but miracle whip is better
Its Hellmans or nothing around here.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:32:32 PM EST

I don't necessarily hate mayo but I love Miracle Whip.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:34:13 PM EST

Ahem –––––– what do you think makes Olives darken??

"I" would suspect the Sun ...

Some people are just plain dumb ...

H

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:35:32 PM EST
Fuck mayo, and lets add mustard to it too. The smell or sight of both/either of them make me to vomit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:40:19 PM EST
I can't eat a burger or sammich without mayo.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:49:41 PM EST
The only thing nastier than Mayo in warm Mayo .<<< Insert gag reflex here>>>
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top