Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2001 9:52:32 PM EDT
I've got one, and had a few CZ pistols(75, 83, etc.), and they're all first-rate, but what about their line of rifles? I want a good .308 bolt rifle, and like the CZ with the full stock, detachable box magazine, adjustable trigger, etc. I know the Rem 700, the Ruger 77, and the savage rifles are good, but the CZ seems to have a good list of features already in it. If anybody has any experience with these, I'd appreciate your opinion(s).
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 3:18:54 AM EDT
[#1]
The quality on these rifles are great.You really get what you pay for.These are true mauser design,except for the detahable magazine models.I dont recall seeing the 308 with one.The 527 is a true 223/7.62x39 size action,with a single collum detachable magazine.I keep thinking about ordering one.The wood on every one i've seen has been exceptional,above average.The one I have shot (527)shot about 21/2"at 100yrds with 7.62x39 ball which I thought was great.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 6:52:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a CZ rifle in .22mag for my Uncle a couple of years ago, and I was impressed with it.  It is by far the most accurate .22mag I have ever seen.  If it is any indication of the rest of their rifles, I say it would be a buy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 7:24:47 AM EDT
[#3]
checked one out at a local shop, very impressed! ffl brother is in process of hooking up to get cz products now. am goint to invest in 1 or 2 rifles, possibly a pistol. seems like you can`t go wrong here....B&G
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, fellas. I went back to the CZ site, and discovered that the
.308 version of the model 550 does indeed have the 4-rd internal magazine. I'd really like a 5-rd capacity, so I think I'll get either the .270 or .30-06 with the full stock.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The CZ rifles are of excellent quality,they are a true mauser design and they are built to last way longer than any of us will. Some seem to think the finish may be a little rough but these recievers are machined(not investment castings). The single set trigger is a very nice option.
               Good Luck
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 11:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]
The set triggers are AWESOME!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top