Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/14/2002 9:17:59 PM EST
Damn he let everyone have it. Your $.02
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:21:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:22:16 PM EST
I was gonna watch it, but Way of the Gun was on Showtime.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:37:12 PM EST
Robin Williams is an anti-gun dick head. You couldn't pay me to watch that a$$hole! Plus he's friends with Hillary Klinton
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:49:01 PM EST
Originally Posted By Hk45USP: Robin Williams is an anti-gun dick head. You couldn't pay me to watch that a$$hole! Plus he's friends with Hillary Klinton
View Quote
Didn't know he was anti-gun or friends with "the cunt". Sorry for posting him for that reason only,but damn he is a funny som bitch.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:55:16 PM EST
Apparently you've missed where he slams on Charlton Heston?
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:09:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By BobCole: Apparently you've missed where he slams on Charlton Heston?
View Quote
He said the "heston believes that only monkey's should not own guns" he is a comic.How many times did he slam "the british liberal Tony Blair"
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:53:14 PM EST
I like how he did the French.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 11:01:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By ARMALITE-FAN: I like how he did the French.
View Quote
I still hurt from laughing so hard! "I like Michael Jackson crying racism,Hell pick a race 1st."
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 11:18:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By kentstate4:
Originally Posted By BobCole: Apparently you've missed where he slams on Charlton Heston?
View Quote
He said the "heston believes that only monkey's should not own guns" he is a comic.How many times did he slam "the british liberal Tony Blair"
View Quote
Also, although I like the guy, its not as if a lot of people on a lot of gun forums have a love for the guy (or the NRA)...
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 2:36:35 AM EST
He was funny as hell, but his anti-gun bits pissed me off... The part with him imitating ramrodding a muzzleloader saying "but back then they did this to muskets, and, well, now they are still doing it" while moving his hands lower, irked me. the_reject
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:23:00 AM EST
He is a flaming gun hating liberal. And for that I don't like him. But he is a comic genius that will leave you holding your splitting sides while peeing your pants. And for that I like him. I just try not to support him to much. An occasional movie but never a book or album.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:32:10 AM EST
Robin Williams is, IMHO, the funniest human being ever to walk the earth. Is he a liberal? Definitely - "artists" tend to be. Is he anti-gun? Definitely - "artists" tend to be. Does this affect my appreciation for his genius? No. I'll watch him whenever I can. My opinions on most things (especially gun rights) are not affected by comedians. And if you can't laugh at yourself, you've got some problems. Is [i]everything[/i] is says funny? I bet some blacks found the Michael Jackson comment offensive. I bet some Brits don't enjoy the Tony Blair stuff. Lighten up.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:38:08 AM EST
He slammed Heston and Bush quite a bit, but they [u]are[/u] public figures and are therefore, fair game... His male cat routine, and then the closing segment ([i]women's view of men[/i]) was freakin hilarious.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:43:27 AM EST
Agreed. I think he hit every group hard. I enjoyed his show, 2nd ammendment issues aside.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:51:30 AM EST
If I boycott every actor or musican who I disagree with I would never watch/listen to anything again. Williams is the funniest person on the planet.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:07:01 AM EST
Gee, guys, I didn't know we were the type to live and let live, as y'all have suggested. When I learn something like this about a public personality, I generally cross that particular entertainer off my list of folks to watch or spend money on. [u]Only[/u] if the value of the entertainment so completely overwhelms the down side of putting money into the wrong pockets, will I agree to do so. Such as 'Saving Private Ryan.' The problems I have with Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, both of whom were heavy contributors to both the Clinton Election Campaign and the Clinton Legal Defense Fund, were overwhelmed by my desire to see a really good WWII movie. I'll admit that the circle of entertainers I can handle will become quite smaller, and will get much smaller still. But it's nice to know that you guys are so forgiving! [b]When will it be Jane Fonda's turn to be rehabilitated?[/b] Hmmm, I wonder how much dough Robin Williams has sunk into the pockets of the DemocRat National Committee? I know that he was an eager contributor to Bill Clinton and Al Gore! So, as we hunker down in our bunkers during the SHTF, be forewarned that the first guy that mimics a Robin Williams' routine will get a boot in the azz from me! Eric The(Indignant)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:23:51 AM EST
The bit about the male cats and his dialogue about 'fake tits' were a riot. Good show. I thought he spread his bashing around pretty well.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 8:55:06 AM EST
Originally Posted By kentstate4: He said the "heston believes that only monkey's should not own guns" he is a comic.How many times did he slam "the british liberal Tony Blair"
View Quote
I believe that the quote was, "Heston once said, Guns don't kill people, monkey with guns kill people.". Sorry, but I did laugh at that one. I had a hard time watching the show, the damn power kept going out with HUGE storm last night. It is hard to watch and keep up with this guy normally! Let alone with power flucuations. I will have to wait for the repeat to catch the whole show. What I did see, some good belly laughs, some scratching my head thinking "where the hell is going with this?", some "that ain't right". Thumbs UP!
Top Top