Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 10:58:22 AM EDT
I have a 17 foot pine tree that is tilted from wind.  Any ideas how to get it straightened out and staked?

I was thinking of trying to pull it straight using my truck, then somehow get it staked if it holds reasonably straight.  I ca't really make any progress pulling it by hand.   Otherwise I guess I have to tear it out.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Tannerite

or is it Tanerite..... i always forget how to spell that.....
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#2]
How about using a come along or winch to  right it, then stake it in place with cables...

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Healthy dose of Tannerite and of course post the video link when you are done!

Wet the ground down REAL good and then use the come alongs or a tow strap and your truck and then stake it with a tow strap that is wide and flat so you dont cut into the tree. And then place a large sandstone on the hollow side  and fill it all in with lots of dirt packed in there.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want the tree live.

Bury an anchor point and connect a come-a-long. (USE a Strap)

crank on it....Tighten it up every three or four days.  It will be a lonnnnnnnnng process, but eventually you will have a righted tree with a funny trunk.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top