Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 4:05:18 PM EDT
I'm looking to restore/upgrade my 870 Express Super Magnum.  Anybody know of any good places for barrels, trigger assemblies (any internal parts), or tools (like a foregrip wrench)?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownells?

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#2]
www.midwayusa.com
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Brownells?

I ALWAYS forget about them!  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Brownells?

+1!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys.  I'm going for the WC/Scattergun Standard Model look.

I found that Mossberg makes a nice 18.5 in. barrel (aprox. $100) that would go perfect with a 2 shot extension tube from WC (aprox. $50).
I also found that Armstech LLC. makes a nice stock adapter for the 870 to fit AR grips and stocks.  Brownells is out of stock, but they have the lowest list price of like $33 bucks before shipping.  The only other place I can find it is on Gunbroker.com for $52 after shipping.  I'm wondering if it wouldn't just be easier and not anymore expensive to just order the complete package of m4 stock, adapter, and Ergo grip from Wilson Combat (~$120)?
Like I said, I'm going for the Scattergun look, so I would need to get the Trak-Lock sights (~$120)and Surefire frontend (~$235).
Then the only thing I need to do is have the main housing parkerized and then "Norrell's" the whole thing in SOCOM black and I'm done!  Anybody know a good place to do the park job?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#6]
You won't be dissapointed with the Mossberg 870 barrel.  I found one for my 870 at a gunshow in a random pile of stuff for $35, plus it had a hi-vis front sight.  What a steal.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You won't be dissapointed with the Mossberg 870 barrel.  I found one for my 870 at a gunshow in a random pile of stuff for $35, plus it had a hi-vis front sight.  What a steal.

What about if I want to mount some Trak-Lock ghost sights.  Will it be an easy install or will I have to mod the barrel to do the install?

Also anybody want to clue me in as to what tools I'll need to install the sights and install a surefire front end?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top