Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/15/2009 5:54:25 PM EDT
I started to experience some discomfort in my right eye this afternoon. If felt like there was something in there but no matter what I did I couldn't get it out.

I didn't notice anything in my eye before this afternoon, but today after I noticed the discomfort while driving, I used my flashlight and looked in the mirror and found these two marks on my eye.

Whatever they are they are securely attached to my cornea and have now become rather uncomfortable.

Any ideas what they are?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#1]
holy hell man, your eye is a red X

that is a big problem

dibs on ammo
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Two slanted lines intersecting in the middle? They are red too, that's bad.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Let's see if this works...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#4]
WTF?  How'd that happen?  Where were you when it started bothering you?  You best see an eye doctor pronto.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to the doc.  Prepare for the eye drill.  Sorry  man its gonna suck
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Just photoshop them out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#7]
yea... you should probably go see someone about that. asafp
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah you should go see an eye doc tomorrow about that

however, on the lighter side of thing that looks like two planets getting sucked into a black hole
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:02:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Go to the doc.  Prepare for the eye drill.  Sorry  man its gonna suck

the drill not that bad
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#11]
You've been cloned twice.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
WTF?  How'd that happen?  Where were you when it started bothering you?  You best see an eye doctor pronto.

I have no idea how it happened. I was at work (office job - I was actually browsing AR15.com) and didn't notice a thing but when I left to go to lunch my eye started aching as if I had slept with my contacts in (I haven't worn them for 2 days).

It has become progressively uncomfortable.

I'm inclined to believe the marks are foreign objects but the only time I could have possibly exposed my eye to foreign materials was when I had a case head separation in a .45...however, that was two weeks ago AND I was wearing Oakley Flak jackets that didn't break.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Its gonna suck, but it needs taken care of ASAP.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Alien seed pods.

Have you been doing any grinding?

looks work related...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#15]
It looks like one of the new Obama implant devices.   The government is now seeing everything that you can see.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Its gonna suck, but it needs taken care of ASAP.

Yeah. I wish it could be taken care of right now, but I called my optometrist - he's not in till tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Just photoshop them out.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#18]

You have foreign objects.  Looks surprisingly like unburnt powder particles.  Yes, they can get in past the glasses.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#19]
looks like powder resudue in the eye
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Something laid eggs in your eye when you were asleep.

Dibs on rifles, and your job.

Hell, I'll even drive you to the optometrist if ya put in a good word for me with your boss.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Probably some calcium deposits from wearing contacts past there "expiration" date.

Doc will just burn them off.

––- or maybe ––-

YOU GOTS DA SWINE!!!

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You have foreign objects.  Looks surprisingly like unburnt powder particles.  Yes, they can get in past the glasses.

That seems like the most likely answer. I just couldn't believe it because 1 it was two weeks ago, and 2 I was wearing glasses.

This is what I was doing when it happened - Defensive Pistol shoot

These pictures were taken within an hour of the incident -

Check out the gash in the glasses just above the cut - the Flak Jackets deflected a good sized piece of brass down into my cheek.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like foreign objects.  I got a little bit of metal in my eye once, it was scratching the eyelid.  Doc poked it out with the end of a syringe while using a big-ass magnifying glass.

I was disappointed I wasn't prescribed an eye patch.  

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

+1

You don't need an optometrist, you need an ophthalmologist.  Tomorrow.  Referral, yellow pages, however, find one and call first thing, tell them you have foreign objects embedded in your eye and need to get in.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hell, I'll even drive you to the optometrist if ya put in a good word for me with your boss.

I am the boss so I think I'll keep my job. What town are you in? I'm looking for a few people right now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Interesting.

Be sure and let us know the outcome of the Doc visit.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#27]
w out reading much above was it powder?

and if not you wouldn't weld would you? or work w other metals.?

if it was metal a strong magnet may take it out but this could cause more damage than need be.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Did you have your contacts in when you had the case separation?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Dibs on everything.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#30]

I could provide a link to a mustache trimmer.....

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
w out reading much above was it powder?

and if not you wouldn't weld would you? or work w other metals.?

if it was metal a strong magnet may take it out but this could cause more damage than need be.

The general consensus is that it is unburnt powder residue from a case head separation from a reloaded .45 two weeks ago. That explosion was enough to send pieces of brass flying at me with enough force to gouge my glasses and draw blood on my nose and cheeks.

No I don't weld or work with metals.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:31:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Did you have your contacts in when you had the case separation?

Yes. I did.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ha ha. I know...I've trimmed since then.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just photoshop them out.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have foreign objects. Looks surprisingly like unburnt powder particles. Yes, they can get in past the glasses.

+1

You don't need an optometrist, you need an ophthalmologist. Tomorrow. Referral, yellow pages, however, find one and call first thing, tell them you have foreign objects embedded in your eye and need to get in.

Most minor emergency clinics are well-prepared for such emergencies. As long as there is no laceration/penetration, they can do surface cleanings. Since it is visible (glass sucks), they only need to use the drops (cocaine HCl), then wire loop to drag it out. A perscription for triple antibiotic+steroid drops and you are GTG.

If they charge you more than a Franklin, kick them in the nutz if you cannot talk them down to $100 cash.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm surprised unburnt powder is dense enough to embed itself in your eye... I thought it would have lost enough velocity by then.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Go to the doc ASAP
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha ha. I know...I've trimmed since then.

lol, ok, seriously though, have you irrigated the shit out of it? Go to the drugstore and get one of the GOOD irrigators. Then follow up with Optive lubricant eye drops or Systane lubricant eye drops. DO NOT use VIsine or anything that "gets the red out".
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I'm surprised unburnt powder is dense enough to embed itself in your eye... I thought it would have lost enough velocity by then.

Got trapped under the contact or at the edge. Contacts plus flying foreign objects is bad juju. Why do you think I wear glasses instead of contacts?

Contacts are for office use only.

Nitrocellulose has a HIGH AFFINITY for proteins.  Why else is it used for protein blotting al la Western Blots?  It pulls proteins out of electrophoretic gels.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am the boss so I think I'll keep my job. What town are you in? I'm looking for a few people right now.

And this after all the crazy stuff I post here.

IM sent...

Thank you AR15.com
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#41]
If it were steel you could just pull it out with a magnet.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If it were steel you could just pull it out with a magnet.

I cringe just thinking of that.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#43]
I couldn't wait till tomorrow - it was starting to hurt pretty bad.

I'm at the ER now. The Doc has confirmed they are small foreign objects small pieces of metal, in fact - those brown spots are rust rings .

He gave me some eye drops that stung like hell but numbed my eye. Then he used the eye drill. It didn't hurt at all. It was just weird watching somebody scrape the front of my eye off.

I have to go see an ophthalmologist tomorrow to get the rest of the rust rings out (since the metal objects have been there for so long the rust rings are too deep for him to get).
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I couldn't wait till tomorrow - it was starting to hurt pretty bad.

I'm at the ER now. The Doc has confirmed they are small foreign objects small pieces of metal, in fact - those brown spots are rust rings .

He gave me some eye drops that stung like hell but numbed my eye. Then he used the eye drill. It didn't hurt at all. It was just weird watching somebody scrape the front of my eye off.

I have to go see an ophthalmologist tomorrow to get the rest of the rust rings out (since the metal objects have been there for so long the rust rings are too deep for him to get).

I think I'm going to be sick................  I can take the pictures of bombing victims, decapitations, immolation, etc. but anything to do with eyes freaks me out!  You should have gone with the photoshop option.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#45]

Told you so

Seriously you'll be good to go in no time, just do what they tell you and don't rub that eye.

good luck
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:12:05 AM EDT
[#46]
so the er doc drilled in your eye but they were too deep so you gotta do it again with another doc?

NOOOOOO FFFUUUUUUUUU
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:13:34 AM EDT
[#47]
been there done that... I took autobody in school and one day was grindin a bondo board. Got something in my eye... didnt pay much attention to it at the time. Later on that night the G/F and I took off out of town, My eye was burning so I took some eye drops with me... I ended up using the whole bottle due to the itching and burning... Came back into town and went to the ER, turns out I had a piece of metal in there and it had been in long enuff to cause a rust ring. They gave me some drops and took out the metal and gave me a patch, the next day I had to go to the eye dr and get drilled on. The whole experience really sucked ass....
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:15:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Be prepared to carry a white stick and smell a dogs behinee.  No seriously, go to the emergency room or your primary care physician for a referral to an Opthomoligist.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Looks like gun powder flakes. Could any powder or dust have gone under your glasses when you had the case separation?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#50]
It's going to cost you, i'll send you a link to my paypal though. 750, and I don't accept HMOs, sorry.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top