Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/2/2002 5:51:17 PM EDT
I am doing a research paper on the pro's and cons of leasing patrol cars instead of buying them. If you have any info let me know I need a contact or liturature giving information about the subject. Thanks, Tim
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:20:01 AM EDT
I manage a fleet of about 120 police vehicles. email me or I.M. and we can discuss the pros and cons. It's a complicated issue.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:51:50 PM EDT
Make sure you clear the modifications you are planning with the leasing company. I know this is obvious, but one local department didn't do this. They ended-up having to buy the Lumina's because it was cheaper than fixing the damage they did to them. Leasing companies get upset when they get back a car with holes in the roof, floorboards, trunk, and dash that they didn't expect. Also, make sure you're getting the model made to be a police car. I know of one local small town that dealt with a leasing company to get Crown Vic's. When they got the cars delievered from the leasing company, they weren't the "Police Interceptor" model. After problems like that in the past, the city I live-in has started dealing directly with a dealership and has the leasing company only deal with the money rather than with the ordering process. The department gets the quote from Ford rather than having the leasing company act as a broker.z
Top Top