Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/20/2002 1:17:21 PM EDT
When you pull somebody over and run their DL, do you get informed if that individual has a CPL? Just curious, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 1:52:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 3:41:41 PM EDT
I'm not a cop, but I believe the answer is yes. Either here or on rec.guns, someone posted that his son was detained and interrogated/hassled for about an hour after being pulled over for a minor traffic violation (speeding or some such). The son had a CPL and the cop went apeshit over the concept that a non-cop would dare to carry a gun. IIRC, the son didn't volunteer the info, the cop got it over the radio when he checked the son's driver's license.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 4:40:31 PM EDT
The reason I ask is that I've been pulled over twice since I got my CPL (almost 3 years ago) and neither time did I inform them that I had a permit *OR* that I had a pistol on my at the time, and they didn't mention anything either. I have heard other people say for sure other states do provide the info along with the drivers license info, and others definitely not. The first time I got a ticket, the second time just a warning. Both times the cops were nice, but them I am always polite to the POlice in the first place.
Top Top