Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2005 11:30:24 PM EDT
Just curious, the stepson just left for coastie boot camp.    I'm wondering how it's laid out, a sort of general overview.   Also he's going to diesel mech school afterwards, anybody know where the school is and how long?  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:23:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag, my son is thinking of doing this after school is over this year.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:27:24 AM EDT
[#2]
He had a job at a local farm store, got canned for smacking a customer vehicle with the forklift while loading it.   Sat around sleeping till noon and doing nothing for months with me riding his ass to get out and work or go .mil his mother of course was trying to keep him around and find a nowhere job for him.    Finally I got him off his lazy arse and go to a recruiter.   He's gone to boot camp now and hopefully they work his ass off  

I'm just curious what their boot camp is like.   I seriously hope he likes the CG and can make something good of it.   The kid just needs some direction, I know I did at that age.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:01:09 AM EDT
[#3]
J_Smith and Nucadet07 are coasties...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:04:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Gawd that avatar is disturbing.....
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:06:28 AM EDT
[#5]
who wouldn't like this

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:22:59 AM EDT
[#6]
bumped for any early morning coasties
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#7]
LOL, sorry but I am not a Coastie, I go to Norwich University, Military College of Vermont for Army, USCGA is our biggest rival Look forward to beating them in football again at homecoming this year though

However my rook brother just got back from USCG basic last week, he graduated with honors, maybe I can get him to post here or get him to answer some questions.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#8]
One thing I can tell you, there is a watch of sorts, and according to my friend the women there are amazing, he said his CO was a knockout. Also they are issued M1 Garands for D&C.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I didnt go to Coast Guard boot camp but it sounds like your son is going to be an MK in the future. I'm a Gunners Mate - prior service Army. The Coast Guard has a much better quality of life then other branches. BAH for housing, per diem when travelling, good COLA,etc - things that the Army, Navy, and USMC tends to overlook. On the downside, its really boring at times. Feel free to IM me with specific questions.

It could ALWAYS be worse (remember, I'm prior Army)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top