Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/29/2013 10:26:39 PM EST
Holy moly how times have changed since I bowled last.

I got into it hard and heavy back in 90-93 and threw an Ebonite Gyro II. Did alright. Stopped bowling. Was asked to join a league a couple months ago.

That old Gyro II just doesn't work well on moderately oiled synthetic lanes.

Team mate, who asked me to join gave me a new Roto Grip Theory and a Nomad.

Now 9 weeks into the league and I've finally broke 160 average.....

I might push 190 if I stopped leaving so many open frames.......
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:51:30 PM EST
The last time I used a bowling bowl was two weeks ago. My ten pounder finally got chipped really badly and I used it for target practice. Who knew that a .22 could do so much damage?

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:08:01 PM EST
I have a 12 and a 13 pounder, both of which naturally hook left. dunno what they are though.... haven't used em in over a year though and i don't wanna dig em out of the closet. typical average is 165. occasionally hit 200.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:14:12 PM EST
Damn fine hats for the nattily turned out gentleman. Never should have gone out of style.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:57:55 PM EST
I'm still into it. Gyro II, I remember it, really old technology. With the invent of super balls, the game isn't like it used to be. Strong, oil soaking covers, with high reving cores, turns the average basic bowler, into a semi-god. The technology has advanced and now you'll here things like, Low Rg, High Rg, Differential, Mass Bias Differential, Intermediate differential, Symmetric, Asymmetric, PAP, Dual Angles, Axis of Gyration, Pin to PAP, Gradient Line, Ball Motion, Skid Hook Roll, yada, yada, yada. I could go on and on.

What's all that mean? Well, to quickly sum it up, it helps bowlers match up to certain manufacturers balls. For the occasional bowler, it may not mean much, but to tournament players like myself, it means a whole lot as differing oling patterns on the lanes dictate what balls to use. Ya, I may be a bowler, but still a geeky nerd inside who loves the technology part of it. lol.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 12:12:48 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dragon:
I'm still into it. Gyro II, I remember it, really old technology. With the invent of super balls, the game isn't like it used to be. Strong, oil soaking covers, with high reving cores, turns the average basic bowler, into a semi-god. The technology has advanced and now you'll here things like, Low Rg, High Rg, Differential, Mass Bias Differential, Intermediate differential, Symmetric, Asymmetric, PAP, Dual Angles, Axis of Gyration, Pin to PAP, Gradient Line, Ball Motion, Skid Hook Roll, yada, yada, yada. I could go on and on.

What's all that mean? Well, to quickly sum it up, it helps bowlers match up to certain manufacturers balls. For the occasional bowler, it may not mean much, but to tournament players like myself, it means a whole lot as differing oling patterns on the lanes dictate what balls to use. Ya, I may be a bowler, but still a geeky nerd inside who loves the technology part of it. lol.
View Quote

Lucky for me, even being right handed, I've found that I can stay around the 5-7 board on the release longer because most of those that I have bowled with hang around the 10-15 board.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:54:13 AM EST
I quit 13 years ago, left in the 180 average range. Tried to use my old 16lb Rhino last spring and could not even get enough lift to hook the ball. I have gotten so weak as I got out of practice.
Top Top