Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/2/2002 3:23:02 PM EDT
Reading another thread, got me curious.

Here's my list:

Two floating ribs fractured from a well place side kick during my 1stDegree Black Belt test in Shaolin Kempo

Fractured fingers during a brick breaking at 1st Degree black belt test in Tae Kwon Do

Fractured wrist(forgot the name of the bones involved) during a board breaking demo

Dislocated thumb while blocking a kick. Thum still comes lose every now and again.

broke nose 3x. 1st from a punch during a street fight around 7th grade. 2nd walked into a back kick while sparring around 20yrs old. 3rd got clocked with an elbow while sparring around 25yrs old.

dislocated right ankle, and torn ligaments while competing in a martial art tournament. Had a leg up for a round house kick and the opponent went for my planted leg and clipped it. Legal move in Kung Fu comps. Bad thing is I did not go with it and my ankle took the brunt of the force.

Dis located left knee. My knee bowed inwards 2.5ins and knee cap went to the side and flipped over. Got hit by a sweep that was a lil too high during a sparring session.

Open up right eyebrow caused 4 stitches. Got hit by a spinning hook kick while competing in a martial arts tournament.

Opened up my forehead caused 15 stitches. I was doing a back flip dis mount out of a swing, instead I sailed through the air and face plant on the side of a flower pot. This happened when I was about 11

So how many stitches have you had or broken bones?
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Okay...here's my list:

Someone else's nose.

That's it. I lead a quite life. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
never "broken" a bone before.  but did have the tiny bones in the ankle perforate and tear apart (it was a long time ago, but i thik the doc called it something like a "fractured avulsion".  you docs help me out on this.  doc described it like this: "instead of muscle and ligaments/tendons tearing from the bone, the connective tissue stay intact to the bone and the bone separated from the bone!"  yuck.  it even sounds gross.

was playing basketball and went down with another girl chasing a loose ball.  she got up and walked away.  somehow my ankle rolled and the inside of my foot touched the inside of my leg.   yes, that's right, my ankle bent the wrong way a long way.  well, as much as the high tops would physically let it.

given that it wasn't a conventional break there wasn't anything they could do except splint it up in a soft cast (lots and lots of ace bandages (about 2" thick) and some pain killers.  spent 6 weeks on crutches and i still don't have 100% out of that ankle.  most likely never will.  and it gives out at the most inopportune times...like when i'm walking.  [:)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
went down with another girl chasing a loose ball.  
View Quote

OK that sounds kinky [sex] [:D] LOL
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Broke my big toe and the one next to it on my left foot during a high school wrestling meet.

Luckily I haven't followed in my fathers footsteps, 2 broken necks!!

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#5]
When I was thirteen, I broke my left radius and ulna in a car v. skateboarder collision. Jerkoff ran a stop sign and thumped me, I reached out with me left arm to break my fall. Instead, I broke my arm. Jerkoff never slowed down. When I got up, I yelled to my friend, "Hey Tony, I can't move my arm!" He looked over and saw the lower half of my arm swinging around in the breeze and threw up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#6]
None sailor!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Dislocated knuckle (left middle finger, middle knuckle) while playing Ultimate Frisbee in High School Calculus class (go figure).

Fractured pelvic while dirt bike ridding. Very painful, nothing could be done but crutches and pain killers.

Cracked my head when I was 2, no memory of it (go figure).
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Dang ARlady,

I did the same sort of thing around 25 years ago. Pickup game of b-ball. Hobbled over to grandma's house and put ice on it.

I've got full use of the ankle except when the arthritis acts up. Wrap it up, eat lots of asprin and go.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Broken left arm, football, 1962.

Broken collarbone, motorcycle, Christmas eve, 1980. No two-wheelers since.

40MIKE
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#10]
LT that karate stuff sounds healthy and fun!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:54:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Two of the knuckles on my right hand.  But you shoulda' seen the other guy...
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Guess I'll stay away from karate and all that stuff.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#14]
WoW lordtrader, maybe you should stop martial arts and take up some yoga or TaiChi.. hehe J/K

Broken collar bone while in high school wrestling.  Broken Nose while wrestling via elbow.  Broken 4th toe when i jump out of bed to stop my 2 year old son knocking over a lamp and kicked the arm rest on my futon bed.  Broken 4th and 5th digit (i think they called it boxer's fracture) of my hand in separate occation when my friend was being idiot when we got drunk at the bar. (Instead of punching his face, I punch the the concrete wall outside of bar)  
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Right thumb, in HS football.

Sternum, caught a crate in the chest when unloading a semi.

Right tibia and fibula, drunken college hi-jinks. [:I]

Right 4th metacarpal (palm bone of the little finger) punching the roof of my car. The bone exploded into over 10 fragments [:I][:I][:I].

Two right ribs, dropping my brand new Suzuki Katana. I broke it's fall with my body.

4" gash inside right wrist, running through a glass door while emulating a driver during the 1968 Indy 500 (OK, I was 5).

Neat little X in the middle of my forehead from hitting the corner of a cinderblock at age 3.

3" gouge in my left thigh from a German Shepherd.

and a chunk of asphalt still embedded in my left elbow from high school (road rash).

Looks like my right side takes the brunt of punishment, eh?
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#16]
of my own:

Cracked a rib three years ago in a Kickboxing match.

Others:

Many have broken hands and feet on my head [:D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Broken bones?
Let's see, I got hit between the the eyes with a sledge hammer. Although it turned the frontal lobe to shards, I never went unconscience, the skin never broke, and I never went to the hospital even though I could stick my finger deep in it and feel the shards of my skull.
Broken ribs from a 3 wheeler wreck.
I have broken most of my toes and fingers, some more than once.
As unbeleivable as this sounds, I lived in a haunted house once and the ghost caused me to break my foot.
Broke my nose a few times
Got cracked above my eye by a Wiley coyote type self inflicted wound by a 35lb ingot.
My little brother pyle drived a 12 volt lantern battery in the back of my head while I was laying down. It didn't knock me unconscience, just made me mad as hell and with a lump on my head.

Great, now you got me started.
Speaking of wounds, I had 5 gallons of flameless naplam dumped over my head and I still got the scars to prove it.
I got blown up at work several times.
I got sprayed with 1300 deg metal from one explosion.
I got struck by lightning and walked away. It left one HELL of a blast hole in the metal I was standing next to when it arced out of my hand.
Been hit with 220 several times.
I'm not even scratching the surface yet so I'll just shorten this post by saying Not all of this happened at the same place but the last place I worked at I suffered from post traumatic syndrome. It's never fun to work at a place were it's common to see someone loose a body part or come near death from some other terrible mayhem.

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
LT that karate stuff sounds healthy and fun!
View Quote

Quoted:
WoW lordtrader, maybe you should stop martial arts and take up some yoga or TaiChi.. hehe J/K
View Quote

Yeah that's why I quit competing full contact years ago. I do need to take up Tai Chi or something similar. I'm getting too old to be jumping around trying to do splits and hitting peoples head with my foot. [:(]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Hmmmm...where to start.

Here's a litany of stupidity:

14 years old, fx of fifth metacarpal, lt hand (fighting)

17 years old, fx of fifth metacarpal, rt hand (fighting)

23 years old, cuff separation (Does that count?), rt shoulder (tackle football-pads and all)

23 years old, fx left leg about three inches above the ankle (football too).  Six weeks in the Naval hospital in San Diego and six different casts, three long and three short.  (You should see a cute young nurse try to do a long leg cast!  I didn't mind but she got all flustered and red.  ILMAO!)  Dumb behavior curtailed.  That REALLY hurt!  (Remember the Lawrence Taylor vs. Joe Theisman thing???  I cringe every time someone gets really hammered in a game now...and I refuse to watch the replay.  Just can't take it.)

[BD]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I got struck by lightning and walked away. It left one HELL of a blast hole in the metal I was standing next to when it arced out of my hand.
I'm not even scratching the surface yet so I'll just shorten this post by saying Not all of this happened at the same place but the last place I worked at I suffered from post traumatic syndrome. It's never fun to work at a place were it's common to see someone loose a body part or come near death from some other terrible mayhem.

View Quote

First, what the hell do you do for work that you can get blown up.
Second, your one unlucky bastard to get hit by lightning. Glad to see you're ok though. BTW did you see everything with a blue tinge after you got hit. I hear that happens. Must've felt weird.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Broken bones?
Let's see, I got hit between the the eyes with a sledge hammer. Although it turned the frontal lobe to shards, I never went unconscience, the skin never broke, and I never went to the hospital even though I could stick my finger deep in it and feel the shards of my skull.
As unbeleivable as this sounds, I lived in a haunted house once and the ghost caused me to break my foot.
Got cracked above my eye by a Wiley coyote type self inflicted wound by a 35lb ingot.
My little brother pyle drived a 12 volt lantern battery in the back of my head while I was laying down. It didn't knock me unconscience, just made me mad as hell and with a lump on my head.

Speaking of wounds, I had 5 gallons of flameless naplam dumped over my head and I still got the scars to prove it.

View Quote

Do you know Gecko_45?
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#25]
nothing.....yet!  All kinds of wounds and what not, but nothing broken!   [:)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I broke my right collar bone when I was five. I fell out of the top bunk bed in my sleep.
Broke my left forearm, both bones, in fifth grade. A tragic playground football incident. We always played full contact, tackle ball with no equipment.
Then I broke my right arm, two ribs, and my left big toe by wrecking a dirt bike. By that, I mean that I faired better than the bike.
No damage since I grew up though. Knock on wood.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Broke my left collar bone. Part of it punctured my skin and was sticking out of my body along with muscle it tore through. Still have a scar along my collar bone.

Fear is seeing bits and peices of bone all over yourself. Didn't hurt though.... at least it didn't hurt until the shock wore off. THEN it hurt.

Av.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#29]
I use to work maintenance at a diecast company. Now I'm just disabled with severe arthritis. Pain is an everyday way of life for me. I would like to think I have a high tolerance for pain.
As far as the blue tinge, I don't recall if I saw it, I was a bit disoriented for about 30 seconds, but fully aware. I can tell you it felt like I was being ripped apart.
Now for being unlucky? I believe I'm one of the luckiest people around. Why, cause I'm still alive?
And I hope to be around for a lot longer.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Two broken noses.

One, wrestling with my brother.  I tried to pin him, he stood up too fast.  Cranium meets nose.

Two, feeding goats at the county fair...I bent over to dump grain, goat came running.  Cranium meets nose again.

Did I mention that #2 was a mere 2 weeks after #1?  Oh, the pain.

If we're mentioning wounds also, I kinda like the ones I got when my horse threw me *through* a barbed wire fence.  Two weeks before state track, too.  If I coulda caught him at that moment, I woulda shot him.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Mmmm... let's see,

Broke right wrist when I was seven trying to swing off my favorite branch with only 1 arm.

Had a REALLY pretty compound fracture of left radius and ulna when I was 14... like SuperChicken described his, only with bones and blood.

Broke my nose twice, both times from roughousing with friends.

My latest addition is a broken left elbow, and all that did was chip the bone a little... go figure, I have to go have surgery on that the 10th of this month.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Burst fracture of the L1,L2,and L3 vertebrae, paralyzed me, and lost feeling from the waist down for awhile. Recovered way more than the Doc's had even dreamed I could have. I do walk again but not real strong. Still do not feel most of my left leg, the lower area of my back, and down the side of my right leg.
Car accident, Christmas morning 1995, six years ago at this time I was in I.C.U. with a lot of tubes hanging out of me.
Tuco
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#33]
my thumb twice, once fighting a friend and once fighting my brother.
my big toe, tried to kick my brother and missed, hit the wooden stairs, broke 2 small bones in it..hurt like hell.
my knee, i fell down some steep atic stairs while playing army in 4th grade.
a bone in my face from an unprovoked attack, woke up in the hospital had been unconsciencous(?) for a couple hours, had a concussion for a few days, some teeth were cracked in half.  i was choked til i was out and then repeatedly slammed into the concrete, no reason..this happpened when i was 14.
had a slight concussion when a 'friend' decided to drive into a light post in a parking lot..he was sober too, i took out his rearview mirror with my face.
screwed up my knees and ankles skateboarding too.

(edited to add that i also brokemy nose fighting with my brother.)
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#34]
YOU GUY"S WILL NEVER BELIEVE THIS...neither did I, but a good friend....REALLY....not me... broke his wanker....twice! He and I have double teamed girls before so's I have seen him in action.He pounds the crap outta the *tang.Sounds like a sports events greatest play ever(the clapping=the pounding).I don't know how the Dr.(she)fixed it but she did TWICE!I'd think it was a offcenter re-entry that bent it wrong.[whacko]  Now me.......well thats a long story I'd save for a novel.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:36:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Mine are so tame I am embarassed. Broken nose in car wreck(6yr old), broken rt wrist in fall from truck, broke toes on rt foot, walking around barefoot drunk, shattered left knee,  broken rt wrist, cracked ribs when run over by a mad 1100lb cow(4-legged). The last one hurt...fullclip
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#36]
i broke all the long bones in my right foot, in HALF. it required surgery and pins and stuff. it was odd to see my foot broke completely in half.

***********warning***********
this one is so freaky, so dont read it if you dont wanna be freaked out a little

during a wrestling match, i was administering a cradle that got out of hand. i received many knees to the face. i bleed out pretty bad, but was able to continue. in the 3rd period(last one) i spit out what i THOUGHT was a tooth, but it wasnt. after i won the match, i never saw it again. it wasnt a tooth. later during various MRIs for a worse injury the doctor told me thier was sighs of ugly trama in my nasal cavity area. after i told him hte story, and he reveiwed the mri image, he said a chunk of bone was broken out of my nasal cavity, came through into my mouth somehow, and was spit out. after that i had bad bleeding in hte back of my mouth. that was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Left femur, left tibia.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Once fractured my thumb playing broom ball as a kid, growing up in Saskatchewan, Canada. Its a winter sport thingo. A good and rough sport. Dunno if they play it anymore. The brooms where cut off and cut down curling brooms with a wool sock over the end, and resembled hockey played on frozen ground. You could give someone a real good whack, and thats what happened to me.

Secondly my nose in a fight with two paratroopers in the barracks one night when I was 19. I was between them, and was a casualty of their fight!

Aside from a few stitches over the yrs, no other breakages.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Here is my list:

Several Metacarpals in both hands.  Right proximal 5th phalange. Fourth and Fifth phalange on right foot.

That means I have broke both hands, a finger, and some toes!

medcop
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#41]
got my arm in a cast now from a spill i took from a bicycle. (one hand hunt-n-peck typing, sigh). busted clavicle from my racing days, which hurt like hell.

vicodin is wussy drugs. i figure pain is good--it tells you to not do that anymore. but if it's really bad, i want the drugs to knock me on my ass until it's all over. the vicodin just made me feel fuzzy and took a little edge off the pain. either candy-ass drugs or wussy dosage. feh.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Going thru a shortcut and got cut up by a broken bottle of glass. Got a deep scar on my ankle. Broke my collar bone when I was six. Jumped off the bunk bed and landed wrong. Smash my left knee in a bike accident when I was nine. Broke my right tight bone, right arm, and came close to breaking my neck in a motorcycle accident when I was nineteen. And finally, I received a cut above my left eye at work not to long ago. Cool scar.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Reading another thread, got me curious.

Here's my list:

Two floating ribs fractured from a well place side kick during my 1stDegree Black Belt test in Shaolin Kempo

Fractured fingers during a brick breaking at 1st Degree black belt test in Tae Kwon Do

Fractured wrist(forgot the name of the bones involved) during a board breaking demo

Dislocated thumb while blocking a kick. Thum still comes lose every now and again.

broke nose 3x. 1st from a punch during a street fight around 7th grade. 2nd walked into a back kick while sparring around 20yrs old. 3rd got clocked with an elbow while sparring around 25yrs old.

dislocated right ankle, and torn ligaments while competing in a martial art tournament. Had a leg up for a round house kick and the opponent went for my planted leg and clipped it. Legal move in Kung Fu comps. Bad thing is I did not go with it and my ankle took the brunt of the force.

Dis located left knee. My knee bowed inwards 2.5ins and knee cap went to the side and flipped over. Got hit by a sweep that was a lil too high during a sparring session.

Open up right eyebrow caused 4 stitches. Got hit by a spinning hook kick while competing in a martial arts tournament.

Opened up my forehead caused 15 stitches. I was doing a back flip dis mount out of a swing, instead I sailed through the air and face plant on the side of a flower pot. This happened when I was about 11

So how many stitches have you had or broken bones?
View Quote

Huh, and most people take martial arts to protect themselves from [b]other people[/b] doing all this to them. [:D]

Just kidding.  Shodan myself.

Two broken ribs (Brown belt test)

and...

during a sparring match...

ahem, squirm...

a big toe right under the cup and into the,

ahem... "out door". [shock]

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
***********warning***********
this one is so freaky, so dont read it if you dont wanna be freaked out a little

during a wrestling match, i was administering a cradle that got out of hand. i received many knees to the face. i bleed out pretty bad, but was able to continue. in the 3rd period(last one) i spit out what i THOUGHT was a tooth, but it wasnt. after i won the match, i never saw it again. it wasnt a tooth. later during various MRIs for a worse injury the doctor told me thier was sighs of ugly trama in my nasal cavity area. after i told him hte story, and he reveiwed the mri image, he said a chunk of bone was broken out of my nasal cavity, came through into my mouth somehow, and was spit out. after that i had bad bleeding in hte back of my mouth. that was pretty cool.
View Quote

Hey, Matt, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but after reading your New Year's Special Thread, it's time you knew.  Nasal cavity bones cannot come out your mouth.  Only the brain can exit the mouth.  Small and white you say?  Hmmmmmm . . .  LMAO  Bwaaahahaaahahhaaaa
View Quote

no, it wasnt my brain, cause when it was in my mouth, i bit down on it to see what it was. it felt like a tooth.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Shot in my left knee, lodged in the growth plate, had to have surgery through the back of my knee to remove the bullet.

One rib during a drunken high kick contest.

4" knife scar on my left bicep.

huge third degree burn on my right thigh from a firecracker

punctured abdominal wall and had to have exploratory surgery.

Alex
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Broken ankle: Twice.
Sprained ankle: 9 times. (I was a [b]very[/b] aggressive baseball player.)[}:D]
Stiches: 22 times. (Klutz with sheet metal.)
Busted kneecap too. (Ouch!!!)
Accident prone? Yes.[:(]

Quoted:
Broken bones?

View Quote

Dude, after after all that abuse, I have to ask: Do you look like the "Chunk" character from Goonies?[:D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Numerous would sum it up.

Used to race motorcross, downhill skiing, etc.

Got frequent flyer miles at the local ER, classified an "accident waiting to happen".

Murphy hates my guts.

Most painfull-  pinky toe on right foot compound fracture/dislocation.  I know it is small, but it hurt like hell going back together.

Most disfiguring- Baseball bat to the face during highschool brawl.  Broken nose, lost three teeth (got fake ones now, no, not gold).

Most expensive- Motorcross wreck, total endo at 5th gear fat and wide.  Broken collar bone, shoulder blade, T3 vertebrea.  Legs and left arm went numb but still worked. Had 2 MRI's and numerous visits to the Neurologist.

Now I'm 31 and have learned I'm not invincible.

I hope arthritis isn't as bad as they say. [:D]

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#48]
broke my right arm while riding motocross started ridin at 4 yrs broke arn at 24.was first broken bone.sold dirtbike 1 week later and bought a street bike 8months later(gsxr)
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#49]
2 breaks,stitched myself up once
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#50]
When I was 5 years old, I split open my left eyebrow and needed stitches to close it up.

When I was 8, I broke both bones in the wrist area of my left arm.  While my arm was in a cast, I had to relearn how to move my fingers.  They were completely paralyzed right after the break.

USPC40
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top