Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 7:08:42 PM EDT
Anyone?
Thinking about doing some g-scale near the ceiling or out in the yard.

Any model railroaders on arfcom at all? I dugout my HO trains from when I was a kid, they all still work, makes me want to go big.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3oYLyNwowg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:52:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I just found my old HO train set when we cleaned out our storage locker. I wish I had a place to set up here, but I think it will have to wait until we move to our New Mexico spot and I can build a big enough garage with an upstairs "Game room" to put it in.

Those garden trains are pretty cool. My lovely bride has a cousin who runs one in his house around the perimeter of the living room....I have seen a few outdoor set ups that looked really great.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:53:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought this was going to be about gnomes having sex....

sorry...

carry on....
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#4]

This is what I want.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I think I remember a member posting pics on here a while ago of a very nice garden train set up.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I HAVE A LARGE BEDROOM FILLED WITH TRAINS (LIONEL) POSTWAR, THAT I NEVER EVEN LOOK AT ANYMORE. BIG PLATFORM 9X12 WITH 4 TRAINS RUNNING AT ONE TIME. MAYBE SOME DAY I`LL GET BACK TO IT. ALWAYS DISLIKED THE OUTDOOR TRAIN IDEA FOR MYSELF. TOO MUCH WORK. GOOD LUCK.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is what I want.

First thing that came to mind when I read this thread.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I want.

I am seriously considering building that. I have the space, the time, the money but not sure if I have the patients.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I want.

I am seriously considering building that. I have the space, the time, the money but not sure if I have the patients.

You may not have the patients to build it for you, but you could probably find the patience to build it on your own

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I want.

If you need a few extra patients, I'll check with my doctor and see if he has a few he can lend you.

Oh, wait! You mean PATIENCE! Sorry for the mix-up.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#11]
My Dad had 2 large layouts in his yard before he died.

I have a couple of his engines and rolling stock.  His train club bought and help sell what the kids didn't want.

He had several tens of thousands of dollars worth LGB stuff.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Never knew much about the train stuff till my dad bought out most of a collection at a auction 2-3 months ago. He got mostly Lionel, numerous buildings, its pretty cool, but shit is it expensive.  

I'll tag this and see if I can post up some pics tonight.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I used to be quite into model RR and HO/N were the two scales I messed with.

Always wanted to get into G scale but it ain't cheap and I figure I could spend more money than I've spent on guns and ammo on it becasue of the landscaping required.  

Here's a nice club in Ohio that has quite a few railroads:  http://www.dj-inabox.com/cgrs/cgrs1.htm  I found them by accident; I was at the Street Rod Nationals in Columbs and their club was at the fairgrounds.  Nice HO setup inside as well.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Screw the trains I want that monorail!

How about this?

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Neat video...garden train in the snow.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Neat video...garden train in the snow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaqVQ04kryA&feature=related

That was pretty cool........that guy has a hell of a layout.....!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top