Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2005 7:50:11 AM EDT
Combat!

Hills Are for Heroes
Hanley and his exhausted men are ordered to make another assault on the hill and its German bunkers. Directed by Vic Morrow.
Channel: EACTP 530
Airing Time: Fri 8/12, 11:00 AM (50 minutes)
Categories: General, Series, General/Drama, Series/Drama
TV Rating: TV-PG
Lead Actors: Rick Jason, Vic Morrow
Actors: Pierre Jalbert, Jack Hogan, Dick Peabody, Conlan Carter
Director: Vic Morrow

Great show.  Now showing on Encore if you have it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#1]
you know the series is on dvd right?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Great show indeed.

They have been showing 2 episodes a day, back to back, for the last 3 years.  I try to watch them often.

I also have all the Combat DVDs released so far.  Good stuff.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I liked it, but its been about 40 years since I've seen it.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:58:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No I didn't know that!!!  I have been wondering about it.

Now I just need Rat Patrol...

Off to amazon.com.........
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#5]
that's where i got mine!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:07:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No I didn't know that!!!  I have been wondering about it.

Now I just need Rat Patrol...

Off to amazon.com.........

Rat Patrol!  How many times did they shoot up those same two or three halftracks?!

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:17:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Not to hijack your thread but when you say "Combat" I think of the Avengers- Emma Peel(Diana Rigg)
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Wasn't most of Combat! filmed in the San Fernando Valley area, 20 miles north of Los Angeles?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Wasn't most of Combat! filmed in the San Fernando Valley area, 20 miles north of Los Angeles?

oh yeah, over and over and over again!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Loved that show, loved it!  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know if those eucalyptus trees are native to France, but they are all over California!

"Combat!" was a terrific TV show. Some episodes were better than others, but over all it was a good series. Vic Morrow was the quintessential tough-guy NCO who always did the right thing, whether it was cutting down enemy soldiers or consoling a member of his squad who had received a "dear-John."

The French village they are often seen fighting in was acutally a mock-up built on the back-lot of the studio that filmed the series. Very authentic, and they always made it look different in every show it appeared in.

Vic Morrow also carried a mock Thompson for most of his scenes; guess he didn't cotten to the weight of the real McCoy!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Two episodes every Sat. morning, back-to-back. Encore Action channel on Cablevision.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#13]
1900 hours every M-F on American Life TV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top