Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 6:57:37 PM EDT
For some reason it always freezes during scans.

I have un installed it, cleaned the reg. re instslled it still the same problem.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Spyware Doctor is a better program.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
No Trouble here. Works Good.
TS
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Uninstall/Reinstall, or try system restore if on XP machine
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Uninstall/Reinstall, or try system restore if on XP machine

You dont know how to read huh?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Ditch that and use the new Microsoft Spyware remover.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Spyware Doctor is a better program.

I purchased it 8 months ago and it worked great, UNTIL they notified me that they a newer version out and I have to BUY it again. For some mysterous reason my current version has expired and will no longer update. Pretty damn good when you actually pay for a product and they can turn it off.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Uninstall AdAware, run CCleaner, run Spybot S&D, then reinstall AdAware and see if it works.

Jim
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Uninstall it, reload your purchased version and dont update it.

Trying executing your current version after you boot the computer in safe mode.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine works fine
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Yes I can read, but not everybody is an ASSHOLE like you!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I've seen Ad-Aware appear to hang up or crash when it's scanning systems with millions of cookies stored.  It will appear to just sit there for five minutes and then it'll do something, then it will stare at you for a while, etc.  Took about an hour to scan the machine.  Of course, the machine turned out not only to have a jillion cookies stored but to be infested with spyware as well.

I had to remind the person to delete all their cookies before they ran a scan and to stop installing purple gorrillas and shit on their computer.

Not that this is what is up with yours, but I have seen that cause a problem.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Just this past week both Adaware and Spybot seem to be "hanging up". Somethings not right here... maybe a new hack. I have a redirector in explorer I couldn't get rid of so I switched to firefox.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yes I can read, but not everybody is an ASSHOLE like you!!

And aparently you didnt see the fucking smiley either. Good fucking greef man, calm the fuck down.

But hell, If you want ill be an asshole.

If you would have read, you would have seen he uninstalled and reinstalled, so half your post was a fucking waste. So there, hows that for being an asshole? Better?

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#15]
try scanning in safe mode and see if it does the same thing.  

+1 on runing  CCleaner.  also run the registry cleaner that it has built in too  

try xblock too
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#16]

so half your post was a fucking waste.

Half of mine, but all of yours was a waste. I think you need to chill down your self. Your the one coming out of the chutes with the wise cracks when I am offering advise, plain and simple.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Half of mine, but all of yours was a waste. I think you need to chill down your self. Your the one coming out of the chutes with the wise cracks when I am offering advise, plain and simple.

And your point is what exactly? I was joking around with you earlier, hence the smiley. But you up and called me an ASSHOLE. I saw no smiley so there for you were serious, therefore I could fucking care less.

edit: no more on this, dont wanna get his thread locked.... Good day ol' chaps.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And your point is what exactly? I was joking around with you earlier, hence the smiley. But you up and called me an ASSHOLE. I saw no smiley so there for you were serious, therefore I could fucking care less.

edit: no more on this, dont wanna get his thread locked.... Good day ol' chaps.

Agrred, part my error on not seeing smiley. TRUCE IN EFFECT. . . .
Any way, I apologize for my actions,
and I would try getting Registry Mechanic and running that. Are you manually looking in the registry?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Been a shitty week, and well this was the straw that broke the back i guess.... My bad...

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
For some reason it always freezes during scans.

I have un installed it, cleaned the reg. re instslled it still the same problem.

Ad-Aware isn't as good as it used to be. Get Spybot Search & Destroy. It's free.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:25:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Last time I ran AdAware on a user's PC, it said the system was clean, even though I could see obvious spyware.  Ran Spybot S&D, and it found 9 spyware programs.  I don't use AdAware much anymore.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Haven't had any issues w/ mine...yet.  And I run both Adware and Spybot.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top