Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 5:35:41 PM EDT
I just got it just cuz.  So far I have the following games:

Soul Caliber 2 (pretty darn fun)
NAMCO Collection (Whup ass...pac-man, galaga, galaxian, mrs pacman, dig dug, and a couple others)
Midway Arcade Pack (even more whup ass...Gauntlet, Smash TV, paperboy, toobin', 720, more)
Fistful of Boomstick
and
Dance Dance Revolution 2 Ultramix (The womenz dig it)

I love the arcade pack ones.  Awesome.  4 player guantlet has potential.  

The High Road to Revenge flying game looks fun.
I really like Gran Turismo 2/3, wish they had those for Xbox
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Get Rainbow Six 3.  It's fun online.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It's fun online.

Not paying extra for the online crap, thanks tho.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I highly reccomend the Splinter Cell games by Tom Clancy they are very fun to play off and on.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget Halo!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#5]
If your gonna play Dance Dance Revolution you should get the pads to go along with it, it makes it so much more challenging, but a million times more entertaining.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If your gonna play Dance Dance Revolution you should get the pads to go along with it, it makes it so much more challenging, but a million times more entertaining.

I have them  Playing with drunk folks is almost criminally funny.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Mech Assault is pretty badass too...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:01:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Don't forget Halo!

+1

My favorite game!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Don't forget Halo!

+1
HALO IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!! Edited for grammatical error.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't forget Halo!

+1

Not really digging FPS games on the console.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Secret Weapons Over Normandy is cool.

I know your not digging FPS but I really liked Max Payne.

96Ag
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't forget Halo!

+1

Why not?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Mech Assault is pretty badass too...

play mechwarrior 4 mercs it is alot better then mech assault, you can load up almost any weapon you want  that will fit. here is a link for the game ......

mechwarrior 4 mercs
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#14]
+1 for Halo and Splinter Cell. Halo 2 will be released soon as well. That is a must buy. As far as Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon, I had a hard time with the transition from PC to console.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#15]
How can one buy an X Box and NOT have HALO....HALO IS THE ULTIMATE FPS!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I  just purchased mine and baught an: Xbox, Deus Ex, Fatal Fram, and Counter Strike all at once cause I was getting mighty bored.

I just happened to have Halo laying around too. Playing it on legendary is the only way to play the game. Hard Core that never gets old. You just play it to fight the covenant.

Snort.

haha
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#17]
To hell with all that fancy 3d nonsense.
You need one of these.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Get Halo.  You can come over when my brother plays with his friends.  They go nuts all weekend playing the freaking thing.  My friend brings a projector and they play on a big screen.  I just can't hang with the controlers.  In need a mouse and a keyboard.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#19]
You really ought to try "HALO". "HALO 2" is also due out this Nov. "Half-Life 2" & "Doom 3" will also be in tow. I didn't like FPS on the box initially, but after a few hours on HALO, I was hooked. The controls really are worked out nicely & you won't really miss the mouse+keyboard interface as much as you would think.

"Kill Switch" is a great 3rd-person shooter that emphasizes small arms tactics (manuever, fire, & cover). the only downside is that you're always going it alone, but it does "train" the user into following more realistic rules of engagement, which is nice.

If you like MC racing, then I'd recommend "MotoGP"/"MotoGP 2" - probably the best MC racing sim out there, period.

I've personally had some fun w/ "Jedi Knight: Academy", even though its story is slightly lame. Being able to use the saber staff alone makes it fun. There's also a speeder bike level, which is kinda' fun, even if it stretches the capability of the game engine a bit .

Someone else posted on this a while back that they'd tried "Rainbow Six" & thought it weren't all that impressed, but then everyone has their tastes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#20]
For rally driving games non better than rallisport 2 challenge

Motorcycle game off road mx unleashed

Halo is ok but if you are into computer shooting games halo is no big deal really.

Best game i have so far is rallisport challenge 2, very very good graphics and a good long game to play.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#21]
If you're into racing games get Need for Speed Underground, the career mode will literally have you in front of the TV for 100s of hours.

You'll thank me later, at least rent it and try out the career mode.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Ghost Recon Island Thunder is awesome. Great weapons selection.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#23]
speaking of  Halo, how do you get across the bridge when you are on the vehicle in a later map? I just got one myself and have lost interest in it because I am stuck at this level. It's the level where you are outside in the snow, and then drive around into a mountain and come out on this funky bridge.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#24]
There is a switch that turns on the bridge.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Booya.
www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/07/news_6106808.html

I think i'll be missing for a week or two once that comes out....omg...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I just got it just cuz.  So far I have the following games:

Soul Caliber 2 (pretty darn fun)
NAMCO Collection (Whup ass...pac-man, galaga, galaxian, mrs pacman, dig dug, and a couple others)
Midway Arcade Pack (even more whup ass...Gauntlet, Smash TV, paperboy, toobin', 720, more)
Fistful of Boomstick
and
Dance Dance Revolution 2 Ultramix (The womenz dig it)

I love the arcade pack ones.  Awesome.  4 player guantlet has potential.  

The High Road to Revenge flying game looks fun.
I really like Gran Turismo 2/3, wish they had those for Xbox

good games are......

Soul Calibur 2(ps2 or xbox)
shadow ops
crimson skies
ninja gaiden(if you're into HARDCORE gaming, because this thing is insanely tough)
GTA 3
HALO

havent played any others. I have both an xbox and ps2 so I play ps2 a lot. basically way of teh samurai 1 and 2. I'm very picky about what i play.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#29]
RalliSport Challenge 2 is a great game...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Ooooo...

Test Drive: Eve of Destruction is fun as all hell.
Just got Crimson Skies...pretty damn addictive, too.
Colin McRae Rally 04 if you like good realistic driving/rally sims.
Project Gotham Racing (1 and 2) are also good racing games.
Burnout 2 will keep you glued for hours, too, planning the perfect car wreck
Last but not least...Driv3r is pretty fun, but it's got some FPS-like elements in it that get annoying...I'm with you; consoles ain't for FPS. I find myself moving faster than the game is moving, and I'm constantly turning sooooooooooooo slowly...quite annoying.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:59:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Rallisport Callenge 2 is the best racing game EVER!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Don't forget Halo!

Must get Halo!  It's the whole point of having an Xbox!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't forget Halo!

Must get Halo!  It's the whole point of having an Xbox!

No.  the point of having an xbox is to do mindless activity for a few hours a week instead of watching television.  

Besides once that Atari pack comesout I'll probably call in sick to work for a couple of days to play it.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Currently engrossed in ESPN 2k5 Football....a steal at $19.99!

Indeed!  A big +1 for that!  I have been playing on Live with my brother.  The training modes and first person fotball are cool too.  I have not tried Madden05, but I am told 2k5 is way better.  Wave, what is your Live handle?  If you don't want to post, send me an IM.  We can play 2K5.

Project Gotham Racing is very kickin' as well.  It's great fun online.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:37:40 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's fun online.

Not paying extra for the online crap, thanks tho.  

I like to go on FRENCH servers and kill as many French pussies as possible.  It's worth the $50 subscription.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:44:52 AM EDT
[#36]
I have xbox along with most xbox live games.

gamer tag: Dv8

get riddick , I know it seems like it would be a stupid game but its amazing , graphically and game play wise .
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't forget Halo!

+1

i agree....HALO is a good game, but playing it on a console is not near as fun as playing it on a computer....i hate the controls....maybe i'm just retarded though...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top