Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 2:34:00 PM EDT
Maine doesn't allow fireworks/firecrackers for us meager peasants. Any way to still enjoy them as long as you don't get caught? Hop a car to New Hampshire? Do they still sell to Maine residents as long as you're in NH when you buy them?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#1]
tannerite?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Arizona residents may or may not travel to new mexico to buy them
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Here in Salt Lake we do something called The Evanston Run.

That is were Utah natives go to WY, buy ridiculous amounts of fireworks and then try to sneak back into UT with out getting caught.

At least that is what I have heard....
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here in Salt Lake we do something called The Evanston Run.

That is were Utah natives go to WY, buy ridiculous amounts of fireworks and then try to sneak back into UT with out getting caught.

At least that is what I have heard....

+1

And I'll deny the existance of this thread if ever questioned.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#5]
don't get caught
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Make your own.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You can buy fireworks in PA, I think. Used to be if you got caught with fireworks the cops would just steal them so they could shoot 'em off on the 4th of July, but these days, who knows.

A friend of mine said PA fireworks stores will sell to you as long as you have an Out Of State drivers license. He's from NY and PA stores have sold to him before. NY bans firecrackers too so it doesn't make much sense for a store to sell firecrackers to people from states that don't allow them....
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Firecrackers are illegal in NH too, also M-80's and bottle rockets ... the aerial stuff is the only thing legal in NH (I think they call them Class 3 fireworks). Fun can still be had though, lots of good aerial stuff like mortars, roman candles, tubes, and the whistle-bangs (some places call them M-80 launchers, cause that's essentially what they are).

I usually buy a trunkload every Summer and head up to Maine ... My Dad has a place up near Ellsworth on a lake, no local cops, nobody gives a crap as long as you aren't setting stuff off while people are trying to sleep. Been doing this almost every summer for the last 10 years and have never taken shit from anyone.

ETA: I don't think the stores in NH card you for fireworks ... even if you had an out of state license, you can just say "We're going up to Laconia for the weekend" or something ... Used to buy works all the time when I was in college (and had a Mass license), stop in NH, go to Maine.

AETA: Fireworks legality is determined by Town government in NH which is kind of stupid ... You can buy them in one town, drive 5 minutes and be breaking the law ... Like most things, depending on how discrete you are with it you can still have fun ... My town has a ban on fireworks, but we set them off my back porch all summer long, and on the 4th you can look out over the town and see neighbors trying to one-up each other with what they've got.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Ban firecrackers.
Its for the children.
I thought this was the USA.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:52:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, (hypothetically speaking of course) couldn't a person living in a free state potentially buy some and mail them to, say, a person in a restricted state? This is a hypothetical question of course
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Well, (hypothetically speaking of course) couldn't a person living in a free state potentially buy some and mail them to, say, a person in a restricted state? This is a hypothetical question of course

If you are talking about USPS, hypothetically, no.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are talking about USPS, hypothetically, no.

What about, hypothetically, UPS or FEDEX...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I know that you cannot buy fireworks in GA.  However, I do know that a lot of people go over the border to South Carolina, and buy them there.

My GF and I did that a couple years ago when we rented a cabin up in the North GA mountains during the 4th of July.  Nobody seemed to mind, all the people renting cabins must have done the same thing, because it sounded like military maneuvers most of that night.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Why are they banned over there?

They try to restrict when fireworks are sold here and impose fines for nuisances(normaly kids)
Have you ever tried to find kids at night?
Nov5th hmmm. We have fireworks going of for about a week before and a few days after the 5th
It's like  Beruit every nite then
And of course a lot of cheap fireworks sold after the 5th get kept for New Year.

Taffy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top