User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2011 8:47:32 PM EDT

Original

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw Bauhaus in '83 in Berkeley, a year before they broke up.  Took some pictures at the little bar I saw them at, so I'm a big PM fan.  I actually had a tear in my eye when I heard that they disbanded.

I then saw them in Sunrise, Florida in the early 90s and that was a good show.

I'm also a long time Joy Division & New Order fan and actually have an EP of them when they were first known as Warsaw.  Most of the above, I have on vinyl.

NIN, I never really got into, much.

Chris

ETA:  

I just listened to both.  Atmosphere is such a pretty song, musically, that I don't think that the harder edge of the PM/TR cover does Joy Division (players) much justice.  PM's attempt is soft, deep and brooding, so he get's a B or B+, but I'm going to have to give the music a C+.  

Just listen to the drums and bass on the original, both are close to sublime.  I have the 12" 45rpm FACTUS copy and I might just have to fire up the vacuum tubes and turntable tomorrow and crank the shit out of it for my neighbors.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Trent Reznor... he is a moonbat government worshiper but tries to act like an anarchist
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't they conspire to write "Cherry Pie" for Warrant? I thought I read that in "Spin" or "Rolling Groan" or someplace like that.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]
NIN does a great cover of "Dead Souls".
That's one of my favorite Joy Division songs.

When They Were Gods...
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 10:27:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I personally thought pretty hate machine was brilliant.

One of those start to finish albums which you don't get to hear anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top