Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/14/2002 6:48:39 PM EDT
It's been awhile since I heard anything about the Tavor. Thought Barrett was thinking about manufacturing one here. Anyone have any more information on it?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:56:51 PM EDT
I havn't heard anything since the SHOT show. Barrett says it should be out sometime this summer. The sec it comes out I want one! Anyone up for a group purchase?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:47:36 PM EDT
Here is the Israeli army Tavor: [img]http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/tavor/tarbig.gif[/img] Here is the turd-like bastardization that Barrett is releasing under the misnomer "civilian Tavor": [img]http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/tavor/tavor-civi.gif[/img] They look so alike, I can hardly tell the difference. Barrett is scheduled to release this fine piece of craftmanship and ergonomic marvel later this year. [(:|)]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:10:14 PM EDT
They do appear to be completely different rifles. Someone please tell me when Barrett really releases the Tavor or drops the price 500$ for whatever that other thing is.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:19:50 PM EDT
PoliticalScience, yeah it ain't quite the same. But still beats the hell out of a Bushmaster M17.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:26:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SteyrAUG: PoliticalScience, yeah it ain't quite the same. But still beats the hell out of a Bushmaster M17.
View Quote
What's wrong with the M17? Everyone I talked to likes theirs with the exception of the trigger-pull, which is inescapable in a bullpup, and will likley be present in the Tavor as well. [(:|)]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:40:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By PoliticalScience: What's wrong with the M17? Everyone I talked to likes theirs with the exception of the trigger-pull, which is inescapable in a bullpup, and will likley be present in the Tavor as well. [(:|)]
View Quote
UGLY. Fails often. Charging handle REALLY SUCKS/ Irons suck. [img]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/m17s/30-900-sa.jpg[/img] Probably the WORST bullpup I ever shot.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:00:37 AM EDT
What the HELL?!?!?! How can Barrett even have the gall to call that hideous thing a Tavor? Who are they kidding? USPC40 ------------------------------------------------- [b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url] [b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url] [b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url] [b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 3:11:38 AM EDT
Well, to be fair, it does fairly closely resemble the supressed version build for their spec ops: [img]http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/tavor/new-mtar.jpg[/img] But, if they were going to build something that obviously was not going to be supressed, why not make it look like the standard version? Maybe someone will make a barrel shroud for a closer match... Rocko
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:31:03 AM EDT
I keep a few informal lists regarding firearms - gonna get, would like to get, like it but can't afford to get and don't want. The Tavor(?) has made it to my don't want to get list.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:11:15 PM EDT
I like it, not as well as the original, and probably not enough to spend $1600 on it, but I would say that it is the coolest looking and (probably) best functioning bullpup that will be available to us peons for a while.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:30:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 8:20:51 PM EDT
Call me crazy, but I like the look of the bastardized civie version better. Doesn't look as 'toy-like' to me. But that's just my 2 Israeli pesos (or whatever they use[:)]). In the end, the price tag will be high ($2000+ I think I heard), so I won't be too interested. Not to interested in Bullpups, but at that price, I'd find a nice used USR or drop the big bucks for an AUG with a lefty kit of course...
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 5:59:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By HKocher: Call me crazy, but I like the look of the bastardized civie version better. Doesn't look as 'toy-like' to me. But that's just my 2 Israeli pesos (or whatever they use[:)]). In the end, the price tag will be high ($2000+ I think I heard), so I won't be too interested. Not to interested in Bullpups, but at that price, I'd find a nice used USR or drop the big bucks for an AUG with a lefty kit of course...
View Quote
Thank you, I thought I was the only one who thought that the civvie version looks beter then the origional! I heard $1500. I want to see what they are like when they come out to compare it to the USR, but I'll likley get it anyway, I [b]love[/b] bullpups!
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:20:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:28:38 AM EDT
We spoke to Barrett about this & ATF has slowed things down.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:07:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Grin_N_Barrett: We spoke to Barrett about this & ATF has slowed things down.
View Quote
Slowed them down? What are they doing, I thought that it was going to be made here so what can they do. Am I mistaken and is it going to be a 922r gun? Please explain this has me concerned! Thanx in advance for the info.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:06:06 PM EDT
Anybody got the breaking news?
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 2:47:58 PM EDT
Does anyone have any information about the staus of the Tavor? I am really looking forward to this gun!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 3:30:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Armed_Scientist: I havn't heard anything since the SHOT show. Barrett says it should be out sometime this summer. The sec it comes out I want one! Anyone up for a group purchase?
View Quote
I'm in.
Top Top