Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/4/2005 9:42:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2005 12:52:56 AM EDT by shop_rat45]
OK, I am in the process of piecing together a soda fountain system for my home. I want a post mix setup like the fast food places and gas stations have. I haven't decided if I want a system that has the ice bin on the top, or something that just the unit sits on the countertop. It all depends on the cold plate. Is it required? If so, how far from the dispenser can it be placed? I don't have room for one of the big 6 or 8 head setups with the ice bin and would have to place it in another room. If I can either place a cold plate in the basement, or don't really need it at all, I can get one of the 2 or 3 head setups and have room for it on the countertop.

So anyone have any ideas? Advice? I'm pretty set on doing this, just need a bit of guidance.

Thanks,
Kris

ETA: This will be done, and I will document it on this forum. It may not be until this spring though. That's when we expect the new house to be finished. I already have a few bids in on equipment and will bump it with what I get.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:45:51 PM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:49:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Penguin_101:
tag

If you are interested, this site may be of use to you. Linky

(Great, now I'm going to have one more person bidding against me on Ebay )
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:00:10 PM EDT
I think Winston_Wolf is the man with the plan on this one. His rec room looks way better than any restaurant I've eaten at in the last 6 months!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:09:10 PM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:15:11 PM EDT
I'd suggest you grab the yellow pages and look under 'beverage dispensing equip. and supplies'. Call and act like you are interested in purchasing one for your home and what the design recommendations are as to how far the taps are from the cold plate and to the tanks. I'd also inquire about any sanition concerns or recommendations. Where I worked years ago, it was under the counter in the ice bin. I'd imagine without it the soda will be warm (obviously) and I'd guess it would foam just as bad as a well shook warm soda when opened.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:33:50 PM EDT
... No bro, I don't have a cold plate set-up. When I designed my game room, I first envisioned a kegerator but just couldn't justify the cost

... I ended up with just a plain old stainless-steel under-counter refrigerator that matched the other appliances in the bar

... That, and I just don't go through that much beer until the gang comes over - Now, when I retire, that will be another story

... Current configuration below

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:20:32 PM EDT
Stamp his Man Card! That sir, is badass.

Good thread, I've been wanting a soda fountain forever, and that site is a great resource.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:51:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:
... No bro, I don't have a cold plate set-up. When I designed my game room, I first envisioned a kegerator but just couldn't justify the cost

... I ended up with just a plain old stainless-steel under-counter refrigerator that matched the other appliances in the bar

... That, and I just don't go through that much beer until the gang comes over - Now, when I retire, that will be another story

... Current configuration below

x4.putfile.com/9/24701282187.jpg

Nice setup!!

So, does anyone else have any info on the need for a cold plate?

Thanks,
Kris
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:22:55 AM EDT
ttt
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:20:50 PM EDT
ttt
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:41:23 PM EDT
ttt
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:13:29 AM EDT
The cold plate is only there to chill the water so you get cold soda out of the nozzle. It's up to you if thats what you want.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:23:54 AM EDT
ttt
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:30:55 AM EDT
Does the beer get skunky or is is consumed at a high rate?
If you had a soda fountain setup would the syrup go bad after a while since it is a low volume operation.
How well does the CO2 system hold up and how often do you change out tanks.
just curious and jealous
Top Top