Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/22/2009 4:52:11 AM EST
I got my orders to Futenma (2years). I am a single GySgt. I am just trying to figure out how life is on the rock now since everyone must live on base and looks like I will be in the Bks? Any info would be awesome.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:03:26 PM EST
Originally Posted By ghostrider747:
I got my orders to Futenma (2years). I am a single GySgt. I am just trying to figure out how life is on the rock now since everyone must live on base and looks like I will be in the Bks? Any info would be awesome.

I am here on the rock brother. I am at Camp Foster at 1st MAW HQ. What command are you going down at Futenma? The mandatory on base living is a bummer for some. Drop me an e-mail with any specific questions you might have and I would be glad to assist.
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 2:29:43 AM EST
I will be going to the MALS (T-64 Powerplants). I have had contact with my counterpart there but he is now in the PI. I want to know if the Bks are a hole or good to go and if the chances are good of getting my motorcycle (KLR650) there. I am guessing toe OP tempo is high but I still love to party. I will have a Civ. passport and would like to venture beyond the Rock. How is the COLA last Iheard it was on its way down.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:06:49 AM EST
barracks blow, the bike should be good to go, and yes the cola is going down -10 points at $25 per point...they are screwing us over here...im happy to be leaving in about 2 months. im on camp courtney with hqbn 3d mardiv
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:22:11 AM EST
That blows the big one so cola is going to be ZERO WTF. To top it off I HAVE to live in the bks sounds like good times I am going to to try to escape the Rock as much as I can. It seems like the single guy ALWAYS gets the big F U !
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:30:42 AM EST
The bike won't be a problem. American bikes are everywhere here. I think they have soem modification you have to get done to your turn signals though to make it Japan legal. I don't know the details but seem to remember one of my friends talking about it.

At Futenma, the barracks situation is decent for SNCOs. I am pretty sure they live in the Cul de Sac (more hotel like that your standard shitty barracks. And yep, COLA is dropping every paycheck. I thin it is scheduled to drop 25 points over the next few months (since our dollar is worth so much )
Top Top