Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2002 2:24:51 AM EDT
Citibank, who I do a reasonable amount of business with, backs Joe Lieberman in a big way, and was instrumental in getting close to Vietnam.  I'd prefer to do buisness with a politically and socially conservative institution.  When I say Politically Correct, I mean Correct!

Anybody have suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Citibank, who I do a reasonable amount of business with, backs Joe Lieberman in a big way, and was instrumental in getting close to Vietnam.  I'd prefer to do buisness with a politically and socially conservative institution.  When I say Politically Correct, I mean Correct!

Anybody have suggestions?
View Quote

Citibank is pathetic lots of ways.  I dumped them after they did their ethnic cleansing of the branch I had my account at.  Not a single white face to be seen.  Entirely Chinese. Now I can see them wanting to have some folks of every kind, but they went way overboard.

And on top of that, about a third of them were hostile and snappy, as if to say, "what the FUCK are YOU doing HERE?" Their English ranged from really good, to the kind of gap that causes accidental wars.

Before that, they were buying up S&L's and then closing their customer service offices and routing everything to a "call center" somewhere in another state, where the people had not been trained and could not find my account in their computer.  After one of them finally told me about some extra digits that had to be put in, I would have to train whoever answered when I called the next time. And the next time. And the next time.

Then there was Diner's Club, (part of Citigroup) whose service went to terribly crappy from really good.  After writing a letter that was not only sent with my payment but also mailed to their separate customer service address.  Then when I wrote to HQ they claimed they hadn't received either letter, even though they did cash my check that was included with one.

I canceled that account, too.

If I were you, I would look for a credit union or a local/regional bank.  Look for one that won't charge you a fee for another network ATM being used.  

You don't say what state you're in, but I'm considering First Republic.

Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I Can't help but wonder if the reason many large financial institutions who would otherwise be very conservative leaning are givin to supporting and bankrolling Democrats because they are much easier to buy?????

Ben

Just a thought.

Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Now that the banks and c.c. companies have the republican party paid for It's time to move on to the democratic party.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top