Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/18/2013 4:08:42 PM EDT
I started along time ago and have been off and on. First three months I lost 55 lbs and was ripped, but have been more interested in cookies lately. About to start up again tonight.  Any other programs I should know about?  Or advice for how you stick to it, especially after long ass workdays? Pre workout juice?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't do P90X, but I do work out a shit ton.

I highly recommend taking a PWO.  They really do help...they're the only athletic supplement I recommend to anyone.

Craze is good, it's what I'm taking right now and is very popular.  C4 is also popular...Jack3d used to be but they had to change the formula.  They all work well / decently enough.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I highly recommend taking a PWO.  They really do help...they're the only athletic supplement I recommend to anyone.

Craze is good, it's what I'm taking right now and is very popular.  C4 is also popular...Jack3d used to be but they had to change the formula.  They all work well / decently enough.

What's pwo? Pre workout ointment?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:13:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I was using n.o. explode, but started getting used to it and had to take so much it made me sick everytime.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm on the 2nd week.  However, I don't do them at home with that lame DVD.  I wrote down all the exercises in order and do them at my local gym.  I don't skip exercises, maintain tempo, and I'm proud that I maintained the discipline to do so.  I can't wait to see the result 90 days from now.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]
For me its 4oz of OJ with a scoop of vanilla whey isolate and creatine.

No longer doing P90x straight  though. I do some of it but some I cant due parts due to shitty knees.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Try CrossFit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was using n.o. explode, but started getting used to it and had to take so much it made me sick everytime.

I take Hemovex (pre-workout) and Yok3d.  However, starting in my 2nd week I take 1/3rd of the pre-workout dose and it works amazing.  I made the mistake starting off taking even HALF and I almost threw up.  Learned my lesson real quick.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:20:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Try CrossFit.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Insanity
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never, ever been desensitized to a PWO like that, and I've been using them on and off for years.  I'm very receptive to stimulants, it doesn't take much to get me amped up, even after taking them months on end.

You should really try Craze, it's good shit.  It's one of the most popular out there right now.  Personally however, I think the grape flavor tastes like shit.  

http://www.amazon.com/Driven-Sports-Craze-Nutrition-Supplement/dp/B00636R9HW

The berry lemonade is good.  Never tried pineapple.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm two weeks from finishing p90x2 and I have really enjoyed the change of pace from the first one. I also can't fit in 6 or 7 workouts per week, so I modify to get in 4 or 5 per week. I think you just have to make it a part of your routine. If you do it enough it will feel weird if you miss a day. I work out immediately after I get off of work and it helps me decompress.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_113/852835_Got_P90X___Get_in_here_.html

We briefly touched on the workout program.

I figured I was a dupe
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Try CrossFit.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never, ever been desensitized to a PWO like that, and I've been using them on and off for years.  I'm very receptive to stimulants, it doesn't take much to get me amped up, even after taking them months on end.

You should really try Craze, it's good shit.  It's one of the most popular out there right now.  Personally however, I think the grape flavor tastes like shit.  

thank you sir. ordering now
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I did P90 last winter and enjoyed it.  I was 180 when I started and finished at 180 but ended up with a 32 inch waist and was pretty muscular.  I was doing 20 pull ups and could almost do 100 pushups straight.  All in all a great workout but I had to have shoulder surgery in October, so outside of physical therapy I havent been doing much.  

I think its a great work out but working out 6 times a week takes a huge toll on my life in the summer when I'm real busy.  I"m hoping to do P90x2 in the winter of 2013-14, when my shoulder is 100% again and its cold outside.

NOTE:  I did not get hurt doing P90, its an old baseball injury that needed taking care of for the second time.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I ordered insanity this weekend. I'm not fat but could stand to lose a few pounds. I'm about as lumber as a 2x4, have a bad back and work 72 hours a week. I'm determined to make it to the end. I'll even post before and after pics.

My vice is Dr.pepper. Gotta have it, but I know it's bad for me. I'm going to try and quit it. We removed all the food in house that had high preservatives, high fructose corn syrup, and all food that has dyes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Edit: Double post.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thank you sir. ordering now

Awesome.  You'll like it.  Also, it uses a TINY scoop, so it's a great value versus some of the others.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It woudl appear CRAZE has changed their formula and its now shit, per reviews on the internet.  Have you had this same experience?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#21]
If the definition of a P90Xer is owning it, then yes I am P90Xer!
If the definition however actually requires that you have used it, then sadly the answer is no I am not one.
The desire is there but to date I have not yet mustered up the energy to actually break the plastic seal enveloping the discs.
On the positive side however its only been 3 years since I got P90X.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It woudl appear CRAZE has changed their formula and its now shit, per reviews on the internet.  Have you had this same experience?

No.  I've bought it as recently as a month ago, and it still seems fine to me.

Might want to check on forum.bodybuilding.com for a better answer, though.  I'll take a search and see if anything comes up.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1

FYI, these nutrition companies are NOTORIOUS for fucking with each other, too.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#23]
What are your fitness goals? I have done P90X twice, P90X2, Insanity, and Body Beast.

If you are looking to get in excellent cardio shape and not add muscle mass, Insanity is good. If you want to add mass, try Body Beast. P90X is a good mixture of cardio and weights.

The key is to mix it up and not get bored with the same workouts.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Guys from DS (the company who makes it) says there have been no changes.

A lot of the companies have reps on BB.com.

Bad reviews = bullshit from other company reps, most likely.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151156213&highlight=craze+formula
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I did P90 last winter and enjoyed it.  I was 180 when I started and finished at 180 but ended up with a 32 inch waist and was pretty muscular.  I was doing 20 pull ups and could almost do 100 pushups straight.  All in all a great workout but I had to have shoulder surgery in October, so outside of physical therapy I havent been doing much.  

I think its a great work out but working out 6 times a week takes a huge toll on my life in the summer when I'm real busy.  I"m hoping to do P90x2 in the winter of 2013-14, when my shoulder is 100% again and its cold outside.

NOTE:  I did not get hurt doing P90, its an old baseball injury that needed taking care of for the second time.

That's Delta Force type shit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I have done insanity, p90x and p90x2.

I am currently on a double workout routine. P90X in the mornings and P90X2 in the evenings. Pretty intense.

The BEST pre workout supplement I have ever used is called Cardio Igniter made by Top Secret Nutrition.

Yes it was designed for running not pumping iron but it gives me the energy I need to get through two workouts a day. I use it all the time and have not built a tolerance.  

Post workout is Syntha 6 whey protein with ON creatine added in.

Syntha 6 is DELICIOUS, all others pale in comparison. It is the La Rue of protein powders.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#27]
I watched a few times!

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Insanity

Finished another round of this just yesterday.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#29]
My favorite supp stack:

Multi Vitamin: Controlled Labs Orange Triad
Fish Oi: Controlled Labs Oxi Mega Fish Oil
Preworkout: Controlled Labs White Flood
Protein Powder: XF UT Peptide Cinnamon roll (mixed with oats = winning)
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Been doing p90x workouts now for about 3 years straight now. Haven't gotten tired of them yet, granted I have it on mute and listen to music while doing it. I also don't follow the original workout plan, rather follow my own that I enjoy doing.

Mon - Chest and Back

Tues- Plyo

Wed - Rest

Thurs- Back and Biceps

Fri - Run 4 miles

Sat - Rest

Sun - Bike

Not trying to get jacked to all get out, but I have abs and can maintain leanness. As for getting motivated, screw all the caffeine loaded pre workout stims, the guilt of getting out of a rhythm of working out at least 4 times a week for years now is enough motivation to get after it when I get home from work.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#31]
This is my preferred workout supplement I lost 135 pounds in 3 weeks

Ride the snake
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm on week 10.
I started the program to gain muscle, and not so much the weight loss, although I have leaned up as well. I wouldn't say that I've 'transformed' yet, but I see clearly noticeable improvements which makes me happy.
I use protein supplements and some mass gainer for energy and extra calories for building. Any tips for really adding lean mass? I do understand that to add significant amounts it would take more than just 3 months, but I want to make sure I am doing all I can.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Been doing p90x workouts now for about 3 years straight now. Haven't gotten tired of them yet, granted I have it on mute and listen to music while doing it. I also don't follow the original workout plan, rather follow my own that I enjoy doing.

Mon - Chest and Back
Tues- Plyo
Wed - Rest
Thurs- Back and Biceps
Fri - Run 4 miles
Sat - Rest
Sun - Bike

Not trying to get jacked to all get out, but I have abs and can maintain leanness. As for getting motivated, screw all the caffeine loaded pre workout stims, the guilt of getting out of a rhythm of working out at least 4 times a week for years now is enough motivation to get after it when I get home from work.  

noted
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's Delta Force type shit.

More like office worker shit.....    ha-ha
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This is my preferred workout supplement I lost 135 pounds in 3 weeks

Ride the snake

NVM.  Just watched the video.  ha-ha
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Insanity

Me too, going to take the week off and just run and weights.  Echo what everyone else said about Insanity and the cardio.  Will start P90X next week, looking foward to it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm on week 10.
I started the program to gain muscle, and not so much the weight loss, although I have leaned up as well. I wouldn't say that I've 'transformed' yet, but I see clearly noticeable improvements which makes me happy.
I use protein supplements and some mass gainer for energy and extra calories for building. Any tips for really adding lean mass?

You're not going to get huge doing P90X. If you want to add mass, lift heavy and eat a lot. It's as simple as that. Too much cardio can cause atrophy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Insanity

Me too, going to take the week off and just run and weights.  Echo what everyone else said about Insanity and the cardio.  Will start P90X next week, looking foward to it.

Insanity is pretty hardcore guys. I mean I could almost hang with tony and the guys on the videos at my peak. Popped in a friend's insanity video and almost died. Congrats to ya'll. That's where I'm trying to get to.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Finished week 9 today. Tony tolerance is low.  Pullup tolerance is high.  A  bit bored.  Going to finish and do either Body Beast or Tapout. Got both for free from a friend.  So far I'm proud to say that with a year of strict Paleo and this round of P90X, I've gone down 5 belt holes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#40]
P90X2 is as good as the first one.  Insanity is pretty hard on joints and tapout is a mix of the two.  I'm currently half way through tapout xt and although the name is gay.  The workouts are challenging and productive.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Ab Ripper X = Fart Ripper X!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#42]
On my third week of P90X and seeing major results already.  Want to try insanity after I finish P90X.

Stick with it!  I find one of the simplest secrets to losing the weight is not eating after 7:30pm, which can be tough to do, but it makes a difference.

I have also used Lipo 6, fat burner tablets.  Seems to help as long as you are still working out.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Ab Ripper X = Fart Ripper X!

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Got in pretty good shape, and had a stroke. Recovered, got back in shape and had a brain tumor. Had surgery and ready to get back at it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#45]
I did it all the way through. Every day without fail. I now do maintaining workouts.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Insanity

Insanity is pretty hardcore guys. I mean I could almost hang with tony and the guys on the videos at my peak. Popped in a friend's insanity video and almost died. Congrats to ya'll. That's where I'm trying to get to.

It hurts just as bad on day 63 as it does on day 1. Except I could sit down without doing a controlled fall because of sore quads. If I wasn't doing the fit tests and tracking my numbers I'd hardly know I was getting better.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Had surgery last week and hoping to start this as soon as the stitches dissolve
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Got in pretty good shape, and had a stroke. Recovered, got back in shape and had a brain tumor. Had surgery and ready to get back at it.

really?!?!?!?!

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#49]
I do regular weight lifting and go to the gym 3-4 times a week...But I will throw in ab ripper x here or there, once sometimes twice a week...When I first started it was absolutely miserable, not bad anymore
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Today was day 71 for me. Don't have a 6 pack and I'm not jacked but I went from 3 pull ups and 10 push ups per chest and back set Up to 17 and 25 now. I feel better than I have in a long time and plan on doing a few weeks of insanity after finishing to cut down my last bit of gut. Then either repeat the series or do x2

I'm 26, 5'9, 154.3 lbs according to the scale today. That's only 1.1 lbs higher than when I started and down from 160 a few weeks ago

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top