Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 6:58:17 PM EDT
Looking for a guess on how much it might cost to have a safe opened, without damage.

The combination was lost and serial number sticker is unreadable,  the company has replaced the key to unlock the dial but can't do anything about the combination without the S/N.

Also I did not lose the combination.  I am looking into buying the safe from a retailer that had it as a display.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#4]
May I ask what good having the safe serial number would be (unless the former owner left the combination set to the factory default)?

CWO
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#5]
$180 would be worth it, if I can't do it myself.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
May I ask what good having the safe serial number would be (unless the former owner left the combination set to the factory default)?

CWO

It was a store display so it is set to the factory combination.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#7]
It can be done.  It will take expensive people/equipment.  It may be more cost effective to suffer some repairable damage.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Auto-dialer. A well equipped safe-smith will probably have one if he does any real traffic in gaining
entry to forgotten-combo safes.

Depending on the make of the safe and the lock will determine how long it takes. I've seen them take
a half-hour for a cheap lock, to almost a full 24 hours on a high-security lock.

I'd offer to help but I have to keep mine in the console room, and me walking out with it at the end of
the day would raise too many eyebrows.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Try the combo 25-0.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Try the combo 25-0.

It is a 4 number combination.  I have worked with safes like these but from the inside out, they are not hard to figure out from that view.  The same store had one that was locked open and they had also lost the information from it too.

Tanker06 where in VA?  If I buy the safe I'll take it where ever I have to to get it opened.  How much would ya charge?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If it's a mechanical S+G type combination spin dial lock, then buy the one with the door open.  It's easy to get into the back of this type of lock and either figure out the original combination or reset it to a combination you want.

They don't have that one anymore, after I gave them the combo they sold it, or this is the same one and they lost the combination twice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top