Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 9:28:28 AM EDT
Now that I've got NV capability, I want to get at least one IR laser. Is there anything out there that is suitable for mounting on a handgun rail? Even better would be a guide-rod laser for my Glock 34, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

I've seen the Laser Devices MOLAD and that is WAY outside of my price range.  I'm hoping there are other, cheaper options.

Thanks for any info.  I posted this in the handgun discussion forum, and with no response.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Now that I've got NV capability, I want to get at least one IR laser. Is there anything out there that is suitable for mounting on a handgun rail? Even better would be a guide-rod laser for my Glock 34, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

I've seen the Laser Devices MOLAD and that is WAY outside of my price range.  I'm hoping there are other, cheaper options.

Thanks for any info.  I posted this in the handgun discussion forum, and with no response.

Insight makes one.

www.insightlights.com/products/showProduct.asp?id=10
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Why do only the special people get IR lasers?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#3]
We thought about putting IR lasers on our ground egress M9's at work.  While ordering them the guy ask why I wanted IR for our M9's.  Basically, the reason your using IR is so your target won't see the laser. But, if you're going to your handgun chances are you both know where each other is... catch my drift?  I saved the squadron about 75 bones a piece on 25 lasers and then used that saved cash some sweet IR lasers for our M4's.  

Anyway, we ordered from this company... handgun lasers this might be what you're looking for.

~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:56:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why do only the special people get IR lasers?

Because the average idiot would stare into the beam wondering why they don't see any light.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are handy with electronics, you can convert a visible unit to an IR diode. Digi-Key sells IR laser diodes for $24-$32. You'd have to take apart the donor unit first and measure some voltages and whatnot; expect to be working with SMC's as well, but it can be done.

Seems like way back, somebody around here converted an airsoft (visible-red) imitation-Corsak to IR.
~
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Sure-fire also sells one. You change the head of one of their flashlights and make it a laser site. You can get either red or green visible light, or the ir laser.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Thanks for the info, everyone.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top