Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2004 3:04:03 AM EDT
Did a google and came up dry. Anyone know of an FFL specific forum or websites where I can get some information??????
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:07:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Straight to the source:
www.atf.gov/
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Straight to the source:
www.atf.gov/

Blech! Very little real info available there.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#3]
info about what?  theres plenty of FFLs on this site..............................duh, its arfcom!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
info about what?  theres plenty of FFLs on this site..............................duh, its arfcom!!!!!!!!!!

Well, to be honest, I find a lot of info that FFL's give out is.... uh... er... slanted a bit. I have been repeatedly told that "Kitchen table" FFL's are no longer issued, but I can find no law, policy or rule that says this. Nor can any FFL point it out. I am in the process of trying to get one, just to prove the naysayers wrong....

It has been a struggle, but I am very close to getting local government approval for the license, which should allow BATFE to issue the license.....

How many finger print cards do I need to send in with the application? My "kit" came with 4 cards, yet the instructions on the form say 1 is needed.....

Are all the BS forms about chemical runoff and worksite saferty really required? Seems ironic that every form is stamped with the "Paperwork reduction act" notice but the kit is filled with worthless forms.....
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#6]
It does, thanks Steyr. From everything you posted, it looks as if I should have a "go" answer.....

The city level business license is the biggest headache right now. I had to get approval from my local "department of community development", the Fire Department and Police Department.

The former is requiring a significant amount of paperwork from me, memos, a meet with a captain, etc.....

Once I have the city level license in my hands, my application will be sent off. The city license will show I am complying with all zoning ordinances, which is in my case a residential zoning that allows for "home occupations".

I'm cautiously optimistic at this point...

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:56:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:08:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got the approval from the "Dept. of communtiy development", who has the responsibiliy of checking the zoning req's before issuing the business license. The only caveat is there can be no customers coming to my home for the purpose of business. The guy "suggested" I have people over for dinner occasionally.

As a result, my license is approved for firearms sales via government bids and the internet, gunsmithing and transfer services.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:19:14 AM EDT
[#9]
And to expand on AZ's questions.. once you have your normal FFL, what's the next step to dealing NFA/LEO weapons? Just the additional SOT?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:01:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
And to expand on AZ's questions.. once you have your normal FFL, what's the next step to dealing NFA/LEO weapons? Just the additional SOT?

Yes, pay the annual $500 SOT. On that same note, if you buy a bunch of NFA for yourself to avoid the tax, for example 10 silencers ($1000 worth of tax) then drop your SOT. BATF can get you for tax evasion.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:19:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, pay the annual $500 SOT. On that same note, if you buy a bunch of NFA for yourself to avoid the tax, for example 10 silencers ($1000 worth of tax) then drop your SOT. BATF can get you for tax evasion.

Not a problem, I'm not looking to scam anyone, I just want to provide a service and have a little fun doing it.

I know a lot of the Class III guys incorporate, to bypass CLEO signoff and allow officers of the company to posess the weapon without them around. Is that necessary if you're a dealer, as well? Or is the NFA weapon automatically the property of your licensed company?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:03:38 AM EDT
[#12]

How many finger print cards do I need to send in with the application? My "kit" came with 4 cards, yet the instructions on the form say 1 is needed..... i only sent one, they sent me 2 and i took the one with the best prints on it

Are all the BS forms about chemical runoff and worksite saferty really required? Seems ironic that every form is stamped with the "Paperwork reduction act" notice but the kit is filled with worthless forms..... i didn't even bother with those, they're only for if you're going to be manufacturing something

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top