Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2001 8:03:07 PM EDT
What's the work look like there? Any large industrial jobs? Does it look steady for a while there? What's the wage like there? Looking to move, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:21:33 AM EDT
[#1]
funny you should ask....the job market is starting to dry up a bit. There used to be 30-40 adds for electricians in the sunday paper. Now there is maybe 15. What are you making out there? Are you union?
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 8:08:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, hardly any work at all. If it gets any worse, I'll have to go back to selling pencils on mainstreet.

Testing for competency, is easy. If you can hook a pair of 3-ways you qualify as a JW. (no comments please)

Oh yeah, you need a pair of linesmans and 2 screw drivers, and you'll be set.

Waterdog
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Waterdog....I tried to hook up a 3-way but my wife wouldn't go for it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Our wage is right around $32 for a JW. Work is drying up fast. I think Oregon is # 2 highest unemployment rate in the US.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#5]
are you talking $32/hr or $32,000 a year?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top