Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 3:13:30 PM EDT
I got this weird blister that keeps showing up at the base of my nostrol.  It is red and sore.  Any ideas what it could be?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like herpes.
Google for some images, see if they look like yours.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#2]
It means your gay.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
A pic would help.  

Herpes, zits, boils?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I went to the Dr back in Feb and he told me for sure it is not herpes.  He gave me medicine called bactroban and said that would clear it up.  The thing is once the blister pops it makes this nasty scab and hangs around for like two weeks.  Any ideas?

ETA:  It usually come when I have a runny nose or something.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate dianosing on the internet, but can't resist. If you IM me details on your particulars - age, occupation. etc. and some specifics on the recurring lesion (size, location, etc.) - I'll do my best.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Still sounds like Herpes. Was it cultured or a DFA smear?

He treated you for staph(impetigo) which was certainly not unusual given the location.

Someone needs to do a viral culture of the fluid in the blister when it occurs. For the sake of thoroughness a bacterial culture could also be done. I only say this due to the fact that there is a question as to the diagnosis but, in any event, will give you a solid answer.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#7]
any other ideas?  Also how do i get into a dr before it pops so they can test it?  Seems like at least always a one week wait to see a dermatoligost.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't swallow next time.

Definitely Herpies.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
any other ideas?  Also how do i get into a dr before it pops so they can test it?  Seems like at least always a one week wait to see a dermatoligost.

1]you don't need a dermatologist. Any qualified primary care doc can do the culture and take care of this.

2]There should be a walk in clinic or something similar in your vicinity for acute care.

I would not say that this is definitely Herpes. Sometimes staph can start with a blister and can ocassionally be recurrent in the area of the nose. But overall,  the recurrent pattern, length of time, course, etc all point to this being a herpetic infection.

IF   it is a recurrent staph infection you need to eradicate the organism from your nose.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#10]
You my find that the lesion starts going higher and higher in to your nares. If so it is just a matter of weeks before it sets up in your brain. Hey just joking. Get a script for acyclovir and start it when you feel that the lesion is starting to appear.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1]you don't need a dermatologist. Any qualified primary care doc can do the culture and take care of this.

2]There should be a walk in clinic or something similar in your vicinity for acute care.

I would not say that this is definitely Herpes. Sometimes staph can start with a blister and can ocassionally be recurrent in the area of the nose. But overall,  the recurrent pattern, length of time, course, etc all point to this being a herpetic infection.

IF   it is a recurrent staph infection you need to eradicate the organism from your nose.

+1 on it probably being SA if it comes everytime you have a runny nose (if I read that correctly?).  But otherwise sounds like a herpetic lesion.

However I was under the impression there is almost no way to totally eradicate SA from your nose...it loves it in there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top