Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2001 6:30:43 AM EDT
Are any of you guests out there from the DU? You can come out of the closet now. [:D]

I know that at least two of you are gun owners. One carries a Colt and the other owns  (very surprised at this) a Steyr AUG. I'm impressed. Maybe there is hope yet.
I am sure you will be treated as fairly as ya'll treated me.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 7:15:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a recovering democrat. Growing up in a strong union and hunting state (WV) I didn't know any better. Then the party started trying to dismantle the constitution starting with my favorite (2nd as if you didn't know). I did what I fealt I had to do, NRA Life member, GOA member, Gunowners of SC member, Grass Roots SC member and Friends of the NRA comittee member 3 years. I also reached for the republican handle in the last few elections. I tell all my friends and whomever will listen about the wonderful world of the shooting sports. Enough of this, you know there are more out there. Hell even my home state of WV voted republican for only the 3rd time in its history (They elected a democrat as governor in the same election)because of gun rights. I just have to take it one day at a time.
Scott
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 7:26:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I will wander over there ocassionally using this username.  I try to make them see the light, generally to no avail.  When I leave I am dazed for quite a while due to some of the stuff I read.  Some is to be expected like guns are bad, taxes are good; but when they say things like the media has a republican bias I feel like I have just entered the Twilight Zone.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 7:33:35 AM EDT
[#3]
HKer,

Glad to see you are venturing out of the herd. I went over there to engage in unsafe dialogue where I knew that it would be risky. They actually are polite to me. It is easy  to converse here but I wanted to "expand my mind". Unfortunately, I have had to stock up on Tylenol. [BD]
Some will wonder why bother, I think it helps to build my case against what they stand for when I get in a "one on one" conversation. I overlook a lot of what is posted. It would be a full-time job to respond to everything there.

Gun-Fan,

[i]"I'm a recovering democrat"[/i]

LOL.

Even though you have been here for a bit, let me say "Welcome"

Glad to see you are on board and that your blinders were removed. Most people can't recognize the imminent danger for what it is, and then just get painted as paranoid.

I tell my friends that vigilance and  preparedness are different than paranoia.

As someone posted in another thread, the SHTF scenario may not happen. More than likely the pot will be brought up to a boil slowly till it is too late to jump out.

If one tells a lie often enough it begins to look like the truth...

"And what country can preserve it's liberties, if the rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take up arms. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson,
Letter to William S. Smith, 1787
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 7:57:29 AM EDT
[#4]
They booted me after ONE post, and WOULD NOT restore my account even after a dozen e-mail requests.

All I said was how much I enjoyed both the aesthetics and history of my M-1 rifle, in relation to a gun control thread. I mean, its not like I was the obnoxious fella I am over here. [heavy]

The Democratic Party - the party of tolerance. Yeah, right.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Garandman:
I have never seen you obnoxious over here [:D]
DId you use the same handle over there?
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"And what country can preserve it's liberties, if the rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take up arms. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the[red] blood[/red] of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson,
Letter to William S. Smith, 1787
View Quote

If everyone just knew how true this statement is.
I knew it but had been unable to find it lately and coulnd't remember who it was to.
Lynn  [uzi]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Garandman:
I have never seen you obnoxious over here [:D]
DId you use the same handle over there?
View Quote

Well, I was ONLY able to make ONE post over there, and to tell you the truth, I forget my handle. It was about two months ago.

I would LOVE to be able to Debate Liberal Democrats even if I was the ONLY conservative. I love challenging them, and matching logic and ideology. But they wouldn't let me.

Link Posted: 3/1/2001 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I would LOVE to be able to Debate Liberal Democrats even if I was the ONLY conservative. I love challenging them, and matching logic and ideology. But they wouldn't let me.

View Quote

It is a struggle to try to lower your intelligence level to match theirs.
They are the ones who end up shouting and cussing,etc...kinda like some of the pissing matches lately at AR15.com.
Lynn
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I think it was Churchill who said (Kinda), "If you aren't a liberal when you are young, you have no heart. If you aren't a conservative when you are old, you have no brain." {Someone please correct me if I screwed the pooch on the quote!)

...I guess I was just born mean.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Never.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 2:16:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Life is NICE as a conservative.....I live in Seattle, and when the liberals see my black face they think 'O brother welcome', then seconds later when I smatter them with Christian, Conservative, 2nd Ammendment position propaganda, they become upset, sick, even almost violent (common sense dictates DONT bring a tree to a NRA event!)....

Liberals are ONLY tolerant to THEIR view of thinking....at least Conservatives dont claim tolerance.......YET.........

THANK YOU WEST VA FOR THE VOTES....WE NEEDED THAT!!!!!!

OUT HERE.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top