Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 6:41:29 AM EDT
I know am I nerd, its the first of the 12 steps which is admitting you have a problem but I love it!

I just got back into the BG series and there are a lot of updates and mods, was just wondering if any one else has the same addiction.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:42:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I really liked it, but it's a bit dated now.  ETA:  Haven't played in a loooong time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:47:46 AM EDT
[#2]
New game coming out called Dragon's Age: Origins (IIRC)
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:51:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought it years ago and played maybe 10 times, try as I might I'm just not a computer game player. Every once in a while I'll play NFL football on Sega Dreamcast..... yep, dreamcast is the last system I got. Think I paid $60 for it as they were phasing it out...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Forced myself to stop playing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:02:20 AM EDT
[#5]
It was too easy to hack and cheat.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh man, I was so addicted to that game a few years back. I beat the entire series three times, once with a full party, once with three guys, and once with a single multi-classed character. Towards the end of the game my singe multi-class guy was absolutely god-like.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:07:40 AM EDT
[#7]
GO FOR THE EYES BOO! GO FOR THE EYES!!! AAAAAHH
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:23:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Boo says "WHAAAATT??"

Ya I'm playing BG2 now, 1 is dated, but they have a program called tutu which brings BG1 into the BG2 engine etc. Also there is a mod now that places back into the game (BG2) all of the stuff Bioware cut or didnt complete.

Still playing it, and will probably replay it when I'm done. Love it!

Right now my character is a mage, and pretty wicked, but next time im thinking thief.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Boo says "WHAAAATT??"  

Ya I'm playing BG2 now, 1 is dated, but they have a program called tutu which brings BG1 into the BG2 engine etc. Also there is a mod now that places back into the game (BG2) all of the stuff Bioware cut or didnt complete.

Still playing it, and will probably replay it when I'm done. Love it!
[div]Right now my character is a mage, and pretty wicked, but next time im thinking thief.
[/d

Multi-class is where it's at When you combine stoneskin, timestop, stealth, and greater whirlwind it is almost too easy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#11]
And apparently I'm just now finding out BG3 was in the works but was cancelled due to an accounting error. Color me bitter.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Played the first one and the expansion.

I liked the Icewind Dale games better.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And apparently I'm just now finding out BG3 was in the works but was cancelled due to an accounting error. Color me bitter.

That, plus Dragon's Age = no BG3.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone know if they make a BG type game for some of the XBOX 360?  I loved that game and very few games seem to match up to it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Does anyone know if they make a BG type game for some of the XBOX 360?  I loved that game and very few games seem to match up to it.

I thnk it was only BG2:Dark Alliance

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Played it and loved it.  In fact, I have played ALL of the "Forgotten Realms" games, and have read practically all of the books.

If you are a fantasy book geek, you probably already recognize my AR15.com screen name  

–– John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top