Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2010 3:35:43 PM EDT
I'm giving serious consideration to taking the test. Any advice? How about living in AK?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely love it.  Moved up almost 3 years ago from NC.  I was LEO down there and make 3 times what I did then (I'm in the AKNG AGR)  

The interior is a harsher environment.  It gets colder, generally snows less, and obviously less people to deal with.  
Anchorage is like any other big city in the lower 48 to me.  I avoid it like the plague and hate that its considered part of AK...  Outdoor winter activities are something you should enjoy before moving up here.  You don't want to be stuck up here in the middle of winter with nothing to do but read a book or play video games.  

I looked at doing the trooper thing too; its my fall-back if they do away with the program I'm in.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I went to school in western NY for four years. I know the climate isn't probably even close but I like the cold weather and the snow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top