Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 4:33:07 PM EDT
We'll be headed back south from DC shortly and we'd like to take a tour if possible.

I know there's a giant base in Norfolk but I don't know if they're kind to tourists.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I know you live in FL, but ever been to CCAFS?  I'm pretty sure they still do tours.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Norfolk does tours

info
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Just walk up to the gate and ask. Actually, make sure to run so they know how excited you are for your tour
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We'll be headed back south from DC shortly and we'd like to take a tour if possible.

I know there's a giant base in Norfolk but I don't know if they're kind to tourists.
View Quote

They do offer tours on a bus.

However if you are in Norfolk I would recommend a sightseeing cruise aboard the "Victory Rover" that docks next door to Nauticus in downtown. They do an excellent narration of the base and the surrounding area. I think it's like $12 or so.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Dover AFB in delaware has an AMC museum open to the public for free. I dont believe we offer tours of the actual base. But the museum is something nice to see
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#6]
^. Nauticus is a big maritime attraction too and the Battleship Wisconsin is parked right next to it for checking out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Norfolk does tours

info
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Norfolk does tours

info

Quoted:

However if you are in Norfolk I would recommend a sightseeing cruise aboard the "Victory Rover" that docks next door to Nauticus in downtown. They do an excellent narration of the base and the surrounding area. I think it's like $12 or so.

Thanks, I think we'll do both.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just walk up to the gate and ask. Actually, make sure to run so they know how excited you are for your tour
View Quote

That's what my kid said
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Norfolk does tours

info

Quoted:

Nauticus of course has (free) access to USS Wisconsin as well.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quantico.  Marine Corps Museum.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:40:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Did the Naval Station Norfolk tour this morning (meh) followed by the Nauticus museum.

The museum and the Wisconsin were very cool. I hear you can get a deeper tour of the ship if you're willing to spend a little extra coin but I didn't know that until after the fact.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#12]
We're in Fayetteville for the night, I think we might swing by the 82d Museum (on Bragg) in the morning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top