Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/21/2003 12:42:44 PM EDT
Check the link. I am steaming. http://www.mynra.com/display_content/show_content.cfm?mod_id=51&id=5303 This is what I wrote to them. I will post the reply when I get it. We need to give them the CNN treatment. I sent the following in an email- "This is what I have a problem with- Anti-Gun Bank Dan Whinery of Dan's Guns And Ammo in Warren, IN recently applied for a Chase Business Credit Card and was turned down for the following reason and this is a direct quote from the letter the bank sent him: ""We are prohibited from extending credit to businesses operating in your industry"" I have a credit card account with Chase Manhattan. I am considering closing this account based on the apparent stance that your organization has of not supporting citizens' right to own a firearm in the United States of America. PLEASE tell me that the above information is wrong. I would like an official statement as to your company's position on supporting businesses that provide the means for Americans to defend themselves and that work to protect the 2nd amendment rights of Americans. For what it is worth to you, I just put $2000 on my Chase Mastercard for a firearm purchase. Thanks for your time and pending response." Damian McKeon Austin, TX PS sorry squid for posting in the AR forum. My mistake :-)
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:28:48 PM EDT
Let me know what the response is. I have a cash account with them and will pull all the money if they don't explain. I'm curious to know if they view it as a liability due to our overly litigious system and are worried the owner may be sued, or if they are simply anti-firearm. Either way, I'm not happy about this.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:51:21 PM EDT
I used their money free (0% intrest) to by my first Bushmaster. [naughty] That's enough for me to cancel the 2 cards I have from them, I have been thinking about it before.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:55:48 PM EDT
Made hot [url]http://www.mynra.com/display_content/show_content.cfm?mod_id=51&id=5303[/url]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:01:17 PM EDT
JP Morgan, Chase, and Co. sucks in many other respects besides just this. They hate their customers. They are real assholes. I have met Bill Harrison, the man in charge, and he is a stupid, retarded, evil asshole. I hope they go bankrupt, but sadly that would be such big news that Wall Street wouldn't be able to handle it. Doggonit.out.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:53:11 PM EDT
The financial system would pretty much collapse if JPMorganChase went under.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:31:34 AM EDT
My experience is pretty much like Doggonits... Chase is at the bottom of the barrel as far as being customer oriented is concerned. Due to that alone, I refuse to do business with them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:37:46 AM EDT
Chase sells their CC account list to telemarketers. Fuck Chase.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:42:00 AM EDT
I quit using Chase Manhattan when they took a stand against "The Boy Scouts of America" for not allowing homo$exual leaders. It was at the same time I quit buying Levi's for the same reason. BigDozer66
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:56:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:57:38 PM EDT
So far this is what I have gotten back-------- We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Due to the confidential nature of your inquiry, I am unable to respond via e-mail. We would need your inquiry in writing through regular mail to: Correspondence Chase Cardmember Services P. O. Box 15919 Wilmington, DE 19850-5919 or you can fax it to: Attention: Correspondence at 1-800-352-3913. Please include the account number, your full name and address. If you have any further questions, please contact us at: http://creditcardsatchase.com/portal/index.jsp?pgTitle=pg_contactus Thank you, R. Goldstein E-Mail Customer Service Representative Account is owned by Chase Manhattan Bank USA, N.A. and may be serviced by its affiliates. ********************************** So that we may continue to improve our service to you, we invite you to participate in a brief survey about your Chase Cardmember E-mail Customer Service experience. Thank you in advance for your help! Please click on this link to go to the survey: https://secure.greenfieldonline.com/net/5690311.asp We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Chase! This is what I sent to them after their response---------- Dear R. Goldstein, You have my inquiry. If you want to confidentially reply, then you send me a letter. I have nothing to add to what I wrote before and I don't believe that would be any need for confidentiality in your reply. I am a loyal customer and would like to be treated as such. Thank you, Damian McKeon So I haven't gotten anything today but will keep you posted. D.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:25:37 PM EDT
It dosen't suprize me that the Chase Nazi Bank would give you trouble. They are a tennant in the building I work in and they hate EVERYBODY! They don't 'allow' their people to participate in fire drills because that would take too much time out of their work schedule. I would find another bank to work with.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:02:44 PM EDT
Here we go. I think that they kinda tiptoed around it. Let me know what you all think about it. It was a timely response anyway but not sure how truthful. Hello Damian Mckeon, We appreciate your taking the time to write to us. We also want you to know that we take your concerns very seriously. In order to properly protect the confidentiality of information about our customers or prospective customers, we cannot discuss the application to which you referred in your e-mail. We can, however, assure you that all of our decisions are based on Chase's policies, including its credit policies, and applicable legal requirements. Although from time to time Chase has had various policies in place that we believe were originally intended to prohibit financing of arms shipments, we do not believe that it is appropriate to apply those policies to deny credit to properly licensed companies that otherwise qualify for credit. We are currently working to incorporate that clarification into our policies and to work with our customers and prospective customers accordingly. We hope that this addresses your concerns. Thank you, Jean Bennett
Top Top